Windows 10: Ethernet adapter keep comming and going in settings

Discus and support Ethernet adapter keep comming and going in settings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [img] Hello all. i am trying to fix a friends network issue, his laptop is always connected to the wi fi and cannot connect to the ethernet adapter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pantz, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Pantz Win User

Ethernet adapter keep comming and going in settings

Ethernet adapter keep comming and going in settings [​IMG]
    Hello all. i am trying to fix a friends network issue, his laptop is always connected to the wi fi and cannot connect to the ethernet adapter when he used to be able to, i have tried to update the drivers and when i do the adapter then vanished from the settings when i was there originally.
    i have tried changing the ports on the router with no success, there is not realteck adapter in the

removed and reinstalled the network adapter, turned of the wi if he is running win 10 home i am starting to believe that adapter is partially damaged

all suggestions welcomed , Thanks in advance

:)

Pantz, Jun 16, 2018
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet adapter keep comming and going in settings install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Ethernet adapter keep comming and going in settings pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Ethernet adapter keep comming and going in settings select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Ethernet adapter keep comming and going in settings Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jun 16, 2018
  3. IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

I tried both of these solutions (have same problem, but to expand, my wireless doesn't connect to the internet either), and neither worked. Have intel AC 7260 wireless, and Atheros AR81g1 Ethernet (NDIS 6.30). Hope someone comes up with a solution soon. Windows 10 has been working....well, OK, for about a year on my personal laptop. My system bricked when I installed the Windows 10 Anniversary edition. Had backup on 2TB external drive. I installed clean windows 10, and all worked fine, including internet access on both wireless and ethernet, but needed to reinstall from my backup because of a lot of programs, and data there. Backup was about a month old (yeah, I know, backup more frequently). After a successful backup, I again attempted to install anniversary update. This time it installed successfully, and all appeared good until I tried to access the internet. Now my case is per above. Can't access from either Ethernet or wireless. It connects fine to my router (which I'm connected to on my company laptop right now), but it will NOT connect to the internet. HELP!!

JoeBobFellow, Jun 16, 2018
  4. kecidek Win User

Issues with integrated Ethernet and PCI-E Ethernet adapters

Hello,

Recently my on-board Ethernet port stopped working. At first I noticed that I no longer had the Wired Connection in the bottom right of my taskbar, instead replaced by the Wi-Fi symbol. I checked to make sure that my ethernet cable was plugged in, and that the lights on either side of the cable were blinking. They were. I then checked my Device Manager to make sure the driver was still there. It was. The only issue I could see was that my ethernet adapter no longer showed up in my network settings, only my Wi-Fi adapter was listed. I noticed in Windows Update, it mentioned that it failed to install a driver for a network component, so I decided I would look for the most up to date driver for my ethernet adapter online, and install it myself. Here is where the real trouble started; Every time I try to uninstall the driver for my ethernet adapter, including when I tell it to delete local files, it comes right back. I've tried disabling it first, and then uninstalling, and even completely disabling my windows update, and automatic device installer, but it still comes back every time. After a few hours of trying this with no luck, I decided to just run Recovery, and luckily it gave me a restore point to just before it ran the last Windows update. After recovery ran, everything worked, until I shut my computer off. When it booted back up, the ethernet adapter was missing again. Went through the same steps; Recover and wait. This worked, and I disabled Windows Update, and it has worked since. However, this fix isn't good enough for me. I want the latest updates from Microsoft, so I just decided to buy a new PCI-E Ethernet Adapter, and hope that would work better. I installed the card into my computer, and it didn't show up in my list of network adapters either, yet the driver for it shows up in device manager. I can also not uninstall this driver. What is wrong with windows? Why can I not delete a driver and just have it list the hardware under Other Devices as an unknown device? Is there some firewall setting that stops me from deleting drivers? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

kecidek, Jun 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Ethernet adapter keep comming and going in settings - Similar Threads - Ethernet adapter keep

2. Ethernet speed keeps changing to 10mbps after a Disconnect/Disabling the ethernet adapter...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet speed keeps changing to 10mbps after a Disconnect/Disabling the ethernet adapter...: Hi,I have used wifi for a long time to use the internet in my windows 11 desktop. Recently Ive switched to wired/ethernet connection and facing a very annoying issue that is, it connects as 100mbps Full-Duplex max speed supported by my router but if I disable the ethernet...
  3. Ethernet speed keeps changing to 10mbps after a Disconnect/Disabling the ethernet adapter...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet speed keeps changing to 10mbps after a Disconnect/Disabling the ethernet adapter...: Hi,I have used wifi for a long time to use the internet in my windows 11 desktop. Recently Ive switched to wired/ethernet connection and facing a very annoying issue that is, it connects as 100mbps Full-Duplex max speed supported by my router but if I disable the ethernet...
  4. Ethernet adapter keep restarting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet adapter keep restarting: Hey, so, I have this problem, that every once in a while, my ethernet adapter self restarts. It can happen every few minutes, or every few hours, it's not consistent. I had a problem, that after booting the pc, I had to always restart the adapter, to properly connect. This...
  5. Ethernet Adapter issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet Adapter issues: Win 10 Enterprise. I have onboard ethernet set to a static IP. I'm looking to run hyper-v on here for a few small VMs for a testing env and added an additional PCI 4port NIC attached. Those 4 ports are currently disconnected from the switch. I can ping from the workstation to...
  6. Cannot enable Ethernet Adapter in Network Adapter Settings

Cannot enable Ethernet Adapter in Network Adapter Settings: Hello, I have a problem. Always when I want to enable the ehternet Adapter it automaticly disable the adapter. What I already tried: - Network Reset Regards, Elia Valer...
  7. (Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling"

(Windows 10) Ethernet adapter keeps "disabling": Hello, This may be a hardware issue, but I figure I'd start here. I've had multiple instances where Users here will take their laptops home (Lenovo T480s Thinkpad) and upon return to the office, and inserting the laptop back into it's docking station, the Ethernet...
  8. Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings

Multiple Ethernet Network Adapter at Network Adapter Settings: Can any one just solve my below problem. I am having trouble with my Windows 10 network adapter problem. It shows multiple adapter in network adapter settings. Please see below screen shot. and Sometimes it doesn't shows any adapter at all. and i see at my wifi-router no...
  9. Ethernet keeps losing connection and going wireless

Ethernet keeps losing connection and going wireless: Ethernet keeps losing connection and going wireless. Does anyone know what is happening? Thank you in advance 70216
  10. Realtek Ethernet not showing in adapter settings. And more.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek Ethernet not showing in adapter settings. And more.: Hi, people. Edit: In post #16, you'll find that the solution is to do a re-install of Windows. Feel free to try all the other methods we've tried. Best of luck. TL;DR Messed around with the drivers, now the ethernet device doesn't show up in the network adapter...