Windows 10: Ethernet and wifi both have error 'invalid IP configuration'

Discus and support Ethernet and wifi both have error 'invalid IP configuration' in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Router is working and internet is on, as tested on my phone. But the win 10 pc cannot get internet access. I have tested both ethernet and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mcplums, Nov 19, 2016.

1. mcplums Win User

Ethernet and wifi both have error 'invalid IP configuration'

Hello,

Router is working and internet is on, as tested on my phone. But the win 10 pc cannot get internet access. I have tested both ethernet and wifi using a dongle, same error both times.

I have checked ipv4 properties and all the DNS stuff is set to automatic.

I can't find any further ideas from browsing forums.

I have tried restarting both the pc and router.

Please halp!

:)

mcplums, Nov 19, 2016

2. Huawei Dongle E3372 not working under windows 10

Hello,

For invalid IP configuration issue, see if this fix helps you:

https://www.kapilarya.com/wifi-ethernet-doesnt-...

Let us know if this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Nov 19, 2016
  3. Error "One or more network protocols are missing on this computer" on Windows 10

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue with my PC running windows 10. originally had this error then tried a few different things. Now I'm getting an invalid IP config error for both Ethernet and wifi connections.

I have tried running ipconfig /release through command prompt (admin) but I receive errors saying the media is disconnected.

Help?

Wes

Wesley1985, Nov 19, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Open a CMD prompt type ipconfig /all post results is DHCP active on the router have you tried setting s static IP

Samuria, Nov 19, 2016
  5. mcplums Win User
    Done.

I'm getting nonsense figures next to DNS servers- looks like this could be the problem? How would I fix it?

mcplums, Nov 19, 2016
  6. Even though your phone is getting internet, power cycle your router. While that is happening, reboot your pc. Then try again.

cflusflwfl, Nov 19, 2016
  7. mcplums Win User
    Tried that, didn't make any difference. I've done a google of the DNS servers I'm getting and it seems to be related to IPV6. Like it is using IPV6 DNS servers. I found a thread that advised pinging an IP address directly. I tried this and it still didn't work. Which implies that the problem is greater than simply not using correct DNS servers.

mcplums, Nov 19, 2016
  8. Ethernet and wifi both have error 'invalid IP configuration'

So this happens even when you used usb dongles so it must not be a driver issue. Have you run system file checker as admin?

cflusflwfl, Nov 19, 2016
  9. Samuria Win User
    Can you get our scans on the PC via USB and post results PCHF System Scans these will give use information and it resets a lot of network problem

Samuria, Nov 19, 2016
  10. sml156 Win User
    For some reason Windows is not getting the DNS settings it says your preferred ip
    Code: Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address. . : 169.254.189.94(Preferred)[/quote] Check your IPv4 settings on your WiFi adapter and see if its set to get an Ip automatically

It looks like your lan cable is not connected.

As Samuria said above setting a static IP should fix it, what is the make and model of your router someone should be able to help you with that.

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Ethernet and wifi both have error 'invalid IP configuration' - Similar Threads - Ethernet wifi both

2. Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration: Hello Everyone, I'm writing this as I am quite stumped with this issue.Ever since moving to my new accommodation my computer has been having issue with connecting to our WiFi all other devices in the household connect with zero problems, the computer will connect but with no...
  3. Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration: Hello Everyone, I'm writing this as I am quite stumped with this issue.Ever since moving to my new accommodation my computer has been having issue with connecting to our WiFi all other devices in the household connect with zero problems, the computer will connect but with no...
  4. Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. invalid IP Configuration Ethernet does NOT work. Wifi works fine

invalid IP Configuration Ethernet does NOT work. Wifi works fine: I have been trying to fix this issues for days now. I've tried everything i could think of to fix this. I even factory reset my entire PC and it fixed the issue but then it randomly comes back. The issue is the WiFi isn't' that great and Hardwired is just so much better....
  6. invalid ip configuration

invalid ip configuration: So I was about to do something and I suddenly lost internet I look at the internet and it says no internet, unidentified network. So I preformed an troubleshoot and I saw this. I hope that I dont have any viruses, and that others are using this computer. Please fix. [ATTACH]...
  7. INVALID IP CONFIGURATION

INVALID IP CONFIGURATION: Please help!!! How can I resolve this problem, "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/invalid-ip-configuration/8e82fccf-1dc9-48aa-a967-8d3c218ca8fb
  8. Both Ethernet and WiFi don’t have a "valid IP configuration" Win 10

Both Ethernet and WiFi don’t have a "valid IP configuration" Win 10: My Windows 10 Desktop will not connect to the internet. When troubleshooted, it said Both Ethernet and WiFi have an invalid configuration. The Wifi message appeared after I plugged in an adapter. Any help?...
  9. Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi

Unidentified Network/valid IP configuration: both Ethernet and WiFi: Before I bring this computer in, I'll try one last shot with posting on forums rather than just reading them. I've tried just about everything I can think of to google, and coming to those more literate in hopes that I've missed something in my travels. Though I've tried...
  10. Ethernet does not have valid IP configuration, but WiFi working

Ethernet does not have valid IP configuration, but WiFi working: Good evening folks, I've run myself into a bit of a pickle with this one. After noticing that I had suddenly lost ethernet connectivity to my router, I went to go through the basic troubleshooting of restarting all of the things. Alas I was interrupted by a nice BSOD when...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. huawei e3372 doesnt have a valid ip error