Windows 10: Ethernet and Wifi both not working on Dell Laptop, druvers instaled.

Discus and support Ethernet and Wifi both not working on Dell Laptop, druvers instaled. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Today wifi was acting slow and strange, so i removed all drivers. Than installed new drivers downloaded from dell support, for my model of notebook,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tomek091, Jun 26, 2017.

1. tomek091 Win User

Ethernet and Wifi both not working on Dell Laptop, druvers instaled.

Today wifi was acting slow and strange, so i removed all drivers.
    Than installed new drivers downloaded from dell support, for my model of notebook, tried few other compatible drivers, uninstaling, deleting, tried safe mode. But i cant get my network hardware to work.
    Drivers seem to be installed with no errors but devices do not work, tried with key shortcut and turning on and off airplane mode, but with no luck.
    What can i do? clean install is not the option for me.

It is intel dual band wireless ac 3160
    and realtek PCIe GBE ethernet

:)

tomek091, Jun 26, 2017

2. how to set wifi connection as preferred one over ethernet connection when connected at a time

how to make my windows 10 dell laptop to use wifi connection rather than internet connection when both are connected at tthe same time,Now when both are connectted at the same time,,system is preferring ethernet.But ineet it to select wifi and select ethernet
    only when a connected wifi is not there

BHAVANINAGENDRA, Jun 26, 2017
  3. Internet switiching from wifi to ethernet on it's own

The internet on my Dell Inspiron laptop changes from ethernet to wifi randomly on it's own while the ethernet cord is connected, making the internet connection cut in and out. It works fine with wifi alone without the cord. The cord is extremely hard
    to remove. Any ideas?

krsmith850, Jun 26, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Only use the Dell driver. The AC3160 is an older Wifi chipset. It is made to not use so much power. Check Bios to make sure those network adapters are not disabled, along with the Function key setting is not disabling.

bro67, Jun 27, 2017
  5. tomek091 Win User
    Yes i used the original dell drivers, but those available are from newer date than one that i had before, also the bios options for network are all On and hot key enabled.

tomek091, Jun 27, 2017
  6. bro67 Win User
    There is not much that Intel updates on their drivers, other than making them compatible with the current edition of Windows, along with power and encryption schemes. You can try the Intel driver to see if it may change things, but really I cannot see that it would, since you have a chipset that was created for mobility in mind.

You may want to try an external USB wifi adapter to see if that fixes the drops.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Ethernet and Wifi both not working on Dell Laptop, druvers instaled. - Similar Threads - Ethernet Wifi both

2. Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.: I have reinstalled every possible driver, have ran every single cmd prompt command I can find online, and have even rolled back and hard reset my pc. There is still no network adapter for my ethernet cable, and both of my wifi adapters have red X's on them that no matter what...
  3. Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.: I have reinstalled every possible driver, have ran every single cmd prompt command I can find online, and have even rolled back and hard reset my pc. There is still no network adapter for my ethernet cable, and both of my wifi adapters have red X's on them that no matter what...
  4. Both wifi and ethernet have stopped working entirely.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. wifi on laptop not working-only ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wifi on laptop not working-only ethernet: Hello,In desperate need of help-I have an MSI Raider GE66 11UG with the following specs that does not connect to the internet when using wifi, however ethernet works fine. This issue occurs on all wifi networks and im confident it is an issue with my machine whether software...
  6. wifi on laptop not working-only ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wifi on laptop not working-only ethernet: Hello,In desperate need of help-I have an MSI Raider GE66 11UG with the following specs that does not connect to the internet when using wifi, however ethernet works fine. This issue occurs on all wifi networks and im confident it is an issue with my machine whether software...
  7. Ethernet and wifi not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet and wifi not working: I was using windows 7 on my desktop and finally decided to upgrade to win10.I updated it using the MediaCreatorTool and everything went smoothly. Decided to keep apps and personal files.But now, lan and wifi are connected but unresponsive.The Ethernet adapter is an intel one....
  8. Wifi/Ethernet not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi/Ethernet not working: This is my 5th time restarting my PC and the WIFI just started working. Normally it doesn't when I troubleshoot all it shows me is "Plug in a ethernet cable into this computer" but I don't have one, and when I press skip it says "Network cable broken or not plugged in" but...
  9. Ethernet and Wifi on laptop not working

Ethernet and Wifi on laptop not working: One day, suddenly, my ethernet and wifi port stopped working and it doesn't give me an internet connection, it says "identifying" and it never connects, I don't know what to do about it.Does anyone know what to make of this?...
  10. both Ethernet + Wifi Not working

both Ethernet + Wifi Not working: After a network reset what stuff should i do to get my internet connection back? because after i reset the network nothing seems to work, no wifi no ethernet, adapters in device managers seem to have a problem yellow triangle when i open them i get code 56 , try to update...