Windows 10: ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list

Discus and support ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My desktop computer is connected to my router with ethernet & does not show my WiFi connected laptop computer in the file explorer network list in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GeorgeD55, Jul 6, 2018.

1. GeorgeD55 Win User

ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list

My desktop computer is connected to my router with ethernet & does not show my WiFi connected laptop computer in the file explorer network list in the left pane. The desktop computer does list itself in the network list. The laptop shows both computers in its network list. This worked a couple weeks ago before a windows 10 update was done on both computers. I've tried just about everything with no luck. What could be the problem?

:)

GeorgeD55, Jul 6, 2018
  2. ericnixmd Win User

Networked Computers Show with WiFi - Not with Dock via Ethernet

I did the SMB fix bro67 suggested. When I plugged up my laptop to the dock, network computers were shown for a few seconds then disappeared. Other devices (Sonos, BrotherMFC, etc.) are showing, but no computers currently (except for the one I'm on).

SWEET! As I was trying to mess around with settings (turned off IPv6, disabled then reenabled Link Layer Topology Discovery and Responder, etc.), I decided to bridge the Realtek Ethernet adapter (Ethernet 3) with the Intel Ethernet adapter (Ethernet 1). I think the built-in ethernet for the laptop is the Intel hardware. The Realtek is in the dock I believe. (I might have those reversed.)

At any rate, after bridging those connections all networked computers now show!!! Finally!

ericnixmd, Jul 6, 2018
  3. johnptd Win User
    Network computer not shown in Network-list

Anton,

If you click on "Network" in the left pane of File Explorer and then enter "\\Computer2" (no quotes) in the address bar replacing "Network", does your computer then show up in the network list?

JohnD

johnptd, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Networked Computers Show with WiFi - Not with Dock via Ethernet

Have you checked the Ethernet network properties? It might just be as simple as your wireless network location set to private whereas Ethernet location is, as it by default is, public.

Related Tutorials

Kari, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

1. ethernet computer does not show wifi computer in file explorer network list - Similar Threads - ethernet computer does

2. home networking wifi and ethernet computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home networking wifi and ethernet computers: How do I home network and share a computer on wifi with one on ethernet, when they are on the same router? Looks like the easiest way is to make them both ethernet or wifi...
  3. Windows 10 File Explorer Does Not Show Other Computers on Network

Windows 10 File Explorer Does Not Show Other Computers on Network: I'm running into some odd behavior with seeing computers on the network within the Windows 10 file Explorer. I have two computers: - Computer A --- Windows 10 Pro Version 20h2 - Computer B --- Windows 10 Home Version 20h2 Both have folders shared as well as the...
  4. Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed

Explorer Network list - Some computers on local network are listed while others are not listed: Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computer can access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer Only 2 of the...
  5. Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list

Some computers on local network do not list other computers in Explorer Network list: I have 8 computers on my local network. Every computer can ping every other computer. Every computercan access files on any other computer when another computer is added by "mapping a network" drive in Explorer BUT only 2 of the computer list all of the computers on the...
  6. File Explorer Does Not See A Network Computer

File Explorer Does Not See A Network Computer: Am using Windows 10 version 10 build 18362l.145 on three machines all on my Private Network. Machines 1 and 2 show each other in File Explorer/Network. But Machine 3 shows only itself there. 1 and 2 show 3 and can access 3 at will. Each machine has Network discovery turned...
  7. File Explorer Does Not See A Network Computer

File Explorer Does Not See A Network Computer: I have two computers on my private network, Dell-Desktop and Acer-Laptop. File Explorer on the Dell does not see the Acer. The Acer's File Explorer sees the Dell just fine and allows me to access the shared files on the Dell. I can, from the command line on the Dell, ping...
  8. Wifi Network Not Showing in List

Wifi Network Not Showing in List: Hello, We had a power outage yesterday that reset our router to factory default settings. We fixed the router and not is is using the name/pw we want but while I see the router/network on my laptop (chromebook) and can connect to it just fine, I can't see the...
  9. Computers not showing up under Network in Files Explorer

Computers not showing up under Network in Files Explorer: Installed a new modem/router combo, now none of the local network computers show up under Network in Files Explorer. I have a Pro tablet, a laptop, and 2 desktops on the home network. I am "guessing" it has to do with some modem setting, not a clue where to start looking....
  10. Networked Computers Show with WiFi - Not with Dock via Ethernet

Networked Computers Show with WiFi - Not with Dock via Ethernet: Any tips as to why my networked devices show up when on WiFi but not when connected to ethernet via my Dell USB WD15 dock? I cannot figure it out no matter how hard I have looked. I'm sure there is something simple I'm overlooking. 91559

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to see files from a computer on wifi and a computer on ethernet on same router

2. why doesnt wifi show in file explorer

3. does network in file explorer show ethernet connected computers

4. ethernet network see Wi-fi network in File Explorer?