Windows 10: Ethernet Disconnect After Long Sleep

Discus and support Ethernet Disconnect After Long Sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Greetings, I have a HP Pavillion g7 laptop running Windows 10. After a long sleep (hours long), my Ethernet connection goes down. A shut down and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by helpout123, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Ethernet Disconnect After Long Sleep

Greetings, I have a HP Pavillion g7 laptop running Windows 10. After a long sleep (hours long), my Ethernet connection goes down. A shut down and reboot is usually how I'm able to get the Ethernet connected again. I did see this error a few times "Ethernet Connection does not have a Valid ID Config Error". By the way, the wireless connection works fine. Thank you in advance for any ideas!

:)

helpout123, Jul 31, 2018

2. Constantly disconnecting with ethernet cable

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us posted on the status of the issue.

I suggest you to check if rolling back the Ethernet driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the device list of your PC. Expand Network Adapters
    Rollback driver

Double click on your Ethernet driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

If it still does not help, I suggest you to reinstall the drivers for the Ethernet driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Note: Once you uninstall the drivers the Ethernet adapter device will be disabled and you won’t be able to connect to internet. So it is advisable to keep all the installer files as a back up in your hard drive.

Write to us with the results for further assistance.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jul 31, 2018
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 31, 2018
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Ethernet Disconnect After Long Sleep

ShellExperienceHost hanging during boot when ethernet disconnected

Hi,

It is possible that you're experiencing ShellExperienceHost hanging during boot when Ethernet is disconnected due to corruptions. To assist you better, we'd like to know which build and version of Windows 10 you're using. Are you getting
    any error messages when you tried opening/using Cortana? What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Teemo Tang on this

thread
    to troubleshoot the error ShellExperienceHost
    hanging during boot when Ethernet is disconnected.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet Disconnect After Long Sleep

1. Ethernet Disconnect After Long Sleep - Similar Threads - Ethernet Disconnect Long

2. Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode: I have Tried every thing to stop it but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-disconnects-when-in-sleep-mode/3d8e59cc-f032-4862-8506-cf9138cb14aa
  3. Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnects when in sleep mode: I have Tried every thing to stop it but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-disconnects-when-in-sleep-mode/3d8e59cc-f032-4862-8506-cf9138cb14aa
  4. Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnected when pc is in sleep mode: hello, im on LAN and im trying to use the wol feature in mikrotik, but first when I try to ping my pcturned off from my laptop its not answering, it only answer when my pc is turned onthings I have tried:1. Updating my driver2. Checked allow the computer to turn off this...
  5. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode: Ok hows it going guys.This problem started to occur recently. I didnt have it previously.Basicly every time my screen goes black not sleeping, my internet disconnects. im on LAN and not WiFi.I tried to change every single setting.The only thing I cant seem to figure out, is...
  6. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode: Ok hows it going guys.This problem started to occur recently. I didnt have it previously.Basicly every time my screen goes black not sleeping, my internet disconnects. im on LAN and not WiFi.I tried to change every single setting.The only thing I cant seem to figure out, is...
  7. Ethernet disconnecting when sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet: I've searched near and far and done so many "fixes" and absolutely none work. I've downloaded specific Lan drivers for my mobo, I've changed adapter properties to not allow sleep to disable to save power, I've read/posted on ms forums (useless as always) for wake on magic...
  9. Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet: I've searched near and far and done so many "fixes" and absolutely none work. I've downloaded specific lan drivers for my mobo, I've changed adapter properties to not allow sleep to disable to save power, I've read these ms forums for wake on magic packet/ EEE disabled/green...
  10. Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet: Is there a way for my PC doesn't disconnect from the ethernet while in sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-sleep-mode-from-disconnecting-ethernet/db290e53-a5db-49d6-840d-7c0987db2710

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ethernet disconnects after sleep