Windows 10: "ethernet" doesnt have a valid IP configuration

Discus and support "ethernet" doesnt have a valid IP configuration in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have looked at almost every post on the forum and have tried different steps to correct my issue with no luck. I have a wired connection to my modem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rodris01, Nov 4, 2016.

1. rodris01 Win User

"ethernet" doesnt have a valid IP configuration

I have looked at almost every post on the forum and have tried different steps to correct my issue with no luck. I have a wired connection to my modem and its green light on both ends of the connection. In Network and Sharing it says Unidentified Network. I IPv4 is set to obtain IP address and DNS automatically, but no luck. Reset my modem to factory settings and same issue. Ethernet cable works when I plug it into my laptop, but stops working when I plug it into my PC.

ipconfig.txt

:)

rodris01, Nov 4, 2016

2. Windows 10 Update of 09/22/2016 Disconnected my Network Drives

Diagnosis reports: "Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP configuration." There's no support offered for how to get a "valid IP configuration".

JoeHudak Jr., Nov 4, 2016
  3. Gerry C J Cornell, Nov 4, 2016
  4. AddRAM Win User

Did you run the Troubleshooter ?

What does it tell you to do ?

Download a fresh set of network drivers using your laptop, if you don`t have a motherboard cd with the NIC drivers.

Uninstall what you have on the Desktop and reinstall the drivers.

AddRAM, Nov 4, 2016
  5. rodris01 Win User
    troubleshooter just states that it found the problem and its not fixed. Than it says close troubleshooter. No options on how to fix or and option to fix it. It automatically turns off the adapter and turns it back on but that doesnt correct the issue either.

rodris01, Nov 4, 2016
  6. AddRAM Win User
    It does not state the problem *Shock

Reboot the modem, reboot the PC.

Keep us posted.

AddRAM, Nov 4, 2016
  7. AddRAM Win User
    Does it show anything odd in Device manager concerning the Network Adapter ?

AddRAM, Nov 4, 2016
  8. rodris01 Win User

Uninstalled Network Adapter and reinstalled the latest version of it from Intels website (Intel Ethernet Connection I219-V. Rebooted PC and modem. Still getting the yellow triangle on connection. No errors in Device Manager.

rodris01, Nov 4, 2016
  9. rodris01 Win User
    The only option i have under network adapter is the one from intel.

rodris01, Nov 4, 2016
  10. rodris01 Win User
    Name: Ethernet
    Description: Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
    Physical address (MAC): 30:5a:3a:01:75:c7
    Maximum transmission unit: 1500
    IPv4 address: 169.254.222.98/16
    IPv6 address: fe80::85c1:d894:c3ba:de62%13/64
    DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
    Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Connected to unknown network, no traffic

Name: isatap.{AD0F77F8-996F-4141-9297-5542227C60E6}
    Description: Microsoft ISATAP Adapter
    Physical address (MAC): 00:00:00:00:00:00:00:e0
    Maximum transmission unit: 1280
    IPv6 address: fe80::5efe:169.254.222.98%4/128
    DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
    Connectivity (IPv4/IPv6): Disconnected

rodris01, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "ethernet" doesnt have a valid IP configuration - Similar Threads - ethernet doesnt valid

2. Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration: Hello Everyone, I'm writing this as I am quite stumped with this issue.Ever since moving to my new accommodation my computer has been having issue with connecting to our WiFi all other devices in the household connect with zero problems, the computer will connect but with no...
  3. Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi and Ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration: Hello Everyone, I'm writing this as I am quite stumped with this issue.Ever since moving to my new accommodation my computer has been having issue with connecting to our WiFi all other devices in the household connect with zero problems, the computer will connect but with no...
  4. "Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP Configuration."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP Configuration.": I am currently using WINDOWS10. Not sure if this is related to it. I keep getting a message saying "Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP Configuration." I am not savvy with computer issues and am wondering if someone can help me here or perhaps tell me where I might get help. Is...
  5. "Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP Configuration."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP Configuration.": I am currently using WINDOWS10. Not sure if this is related to it. I keep getting a message saying "Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP Configuration." I am not savvy with computer issues and am wondering if someone can help me here or perhaps tell me where I might get help. Is...
  6. "Ethernet doesnt have a valid IP Configuration."

7. Ethernet doesnt have valid IP configuration

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Ethernet doesnt have valid IP configuration: I have a Acer spin 5 laptop. i just bought a Ugreen USB C to Ethernet adaptor. My Ethernet connection shows unidentified network. i have tried all the options mentioned in the below link , problem still persists....
  8. ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration

ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration: hi, dell OptiPlex 755, windows 10 pro, 1903 version, adaptor reads indentifying,no connection,no internet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-doesnt-have-a-valid-ip-configuration/478197e4-d0e5-47c3-bbd9-91cd1b14c5e2
  9. ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration

ethernet doesnt have a valid ip configuration: I keep getting this error on my Windows 10 PC. My internet works fine on all other devices. I have tried resetting the ipconfig stuff, re installing drivers, rebooting etc and nothing works....
  10. ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration

ethernet doesnt have valid ip configuration: Hello windows pro updated a few days ago, alittle wile after that lost my net work, got a new router (needed one updated anyway) now cant connect when run troubleshooter it comes up with this ethernet doesn't have valid ip configuration, any ideas?...