Windows 10: Ethernet internet issues

Discus and support Ethernet internet issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So my computer is hooked up to my router via ethernet cable, however, there seems to be a bug and while I have full access to the internet on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LokiTheZorua, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Ethernet internet issues

So my computer is hooked up to my router via ethernet cable, however, there seems to be a bug and while I have full access to the internet on my computer, it says I am not connected. This seems to be stopping me from using MIT app Inventor. Any ideas about how I might be able to fix this?

Edit: I have followed the steps of Microsoft support

settings freeze when I try to go to status in the network menu if that helps at all

:)

LokiTheZorua, Jul 14, 2018
  2. rez001 Win User

IP configuration not valid - interference from ethernet adapter?

Solution 1: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1or Windows 10

Step 1:

Go to Device Manager → Network adapters.
    Step 2:

Expand it (Network adapters).

Step 3:

Select your network adapter

Step 4:

Right click on your wireless network adapter or Ethernet adapter and then tap “Update Driver Software”.
    (in this case your network adopter is Ethernet adopter so tap your Ethernet adapter)
    Step 5:

Now on a new window you will need to click on “Browse my computer for driver software”.

Ethernet internet issues install-driver-software.png

Step 6:

Then select “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer”.

Ethernet internet issues pick-comptible-driver-software.png

Step 7:

Now choose the “Manufacturer’s drivers” from the list of two and then click next.

Ethernet internet issues select-network-adapter.png

Step 8:

After the completion of the process just restart your PC and check if the problem is solved or not. If not, goto solution 2.

Ethernet internet issues Limited-wi-fi-connection-solved.png

Solution 2: No Internet Access In Windows 8.1,windows10

Step 1:

Open command prompt.
    Step 2:

Just go on hitting the enter after typing the each command.
    netsh int tcp set heuristics disabled
    netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=disable
    netsh int tcp set global rss=enabled
    Step 3:

Now to check if the settings are disabled type:
    netsh int tcp show global
    then hit enter.
    Step 4:

Now the thing left is just rebooting your system and just check if the problem is solved or not and just give feedback.*chuckle*Thumbs

rez001, Jul 14, 2018
  3. Internet Issues in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• What do you mean by "I try to put in the password" ?

• Are you able to log in to your system?

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2:

Try updating the Network Adapter drivers from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the Network Adapter drivers:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

• Expand Network Adapter.

• Right-click on the Ethernet and click on Update driver software.

• Restart the computer and check.

Check if it helps.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to download and install the latest Wi-Fi drivers in manufacturer website and check if it helps.

I hope the information helps. Please keep us posted on the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Ethernet internet issues

Internet Connectivity Issues

So heres the deal. My brother who is behind the opposite wall of me is having internet issues. The router is here in my room and his internet is plugged into the Linksys E2000 via a wire going from it to an ethernet wall socket going to his room and into his computer.

He has been having iffy internet for the past 2 days. Fixed it yesterday by rebooting now the problem has resurfaced.

What we have tried:
    • Testing the ethernet cables with a tester. Passed
    • Tested onboard ethernet with known working cable (computer hooked up using my connections in my room) Passed
    • Checked to make sure there was no static IP address in IPv4 settings. Passed
    • Made sure the Network Connection wasnt full on disabled. Passed
    • Swapped the cable leading from the router to the wall outlet in my room. Passed and worked for a few minutes.
    With regards to that last bullet point, the computer is no longer getting internet again despite working for a few minutes. Testing the new cable again, tells us that pins 1 and 2 are "open". That is the second cable in a row that the tester is spitting this message out on.

Any ideas guys? Im out of them.

CrAsHnBuRnXp, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet internet issues

1. Ethernet internet issues - Similar Threads - Ethernet internet issues

2. Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet: Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help.My desktop has been working absolutely fine connected to the router with an ethernet cable. Good connection, good speed and no issues at all. Then a couple of days ago, it was intermittantly connecting to the internet - was connecting to...
  3. Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet: Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help.My desktop has been working absolutely fine connected to the router with an ethernet cable. Good connection, good speed and no issues at all. Then a couple of days ago, it was intermittantly connecting to the internet - was connecting to...
  4. Ethernet Issues Connecting To Internet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hyper-V VM Internet/Ethernet Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM Internet/Ethernet Connection Issues: Everyone, I currently have a Windows 11 Pro machine in which Hyper-V is being used to create a Windows 10 Home virtual machine. While the creation of the virtual machine was successful, I am having issues in two key areas: A: I cannot ping from the virtual machine to a device...
  6. Ethernet Internet Issues

Ethernet Internet Issues: Sometimes my internet randomly just turns off for about 10 seconds then turns back on. This started after I cleaned my pc with compressed air. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that but I can't figure out why its happening. Help would be appreciated, Thanks!...
  7. No internet on ethernet

No internet on ethernet: Ibuypower PC Windows 10 5950x MPG X570 Gaming edge Hey everyone just got a new PC. Wifi works fine but for some reason, ethernet gives me no internet. I have made sure it's not the cable, tried a different cable and a different pc. They work on the other pc. I have...
  8. No Internet with Ethernet

No Internet with Ethernet: I bought a PC a few days ago and Internet worked perfectly fine until yesterday. Now its showing the globe icon with the message "No Internet". Im using ethernet since my PC doesn't have WiFi. I installed network adapter drivers, reset network settings, etc. Its not my home...
  9. Internet/Ethernet

Internet/Ethernet: I just had to reset my router because I couldn’t remember my security key. I got my phone and laptop reconfigured. Now my desktop is having an issue where the Ethernet is still using the old name and the internet is using the new name. When I ran troubleshooter, it says...
  10. Ethernet connection issues, internet working

Ethernet connection issues, internet working: I have an issue where my ethernet connection on my PC sometimes fails to work even though all my internet home devices connected to the same connection are working perfectly when I plug my wifi stick into this PC which I used for months before I tried ethernet, it also...