Windows 10: Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection

Discus and support Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This has been driving me nuts for months, please help! I am running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), up to date, I have a Dell and their software is keeping... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mmace, Nov 19, 2017.

1. mmace Win User

Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection

This has been driving me nuts for months, please help!
    I am running Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), up to date, I have a Dell and their software is keeping all drivers up to date too.
    I'm trying to use ethernet rather than WiFi for gigabit speeds across my network, however, the LAN connection keeps saying "No internet" after a few hours. I can unplug aand re-plug in the cable and it works again, however I do a lot of work on my home PC remotely so this isn't an option usually.
    The built in card is "realtek PCIe GBE family controller" (currently disabled because...) as it wasn't working, I bought a USB3 to LAN adapter, Realtek USB GbE Family controller", this does exactly the same. Both are set to NOT allow Windows to power it off.
    I've tried many cables, I'm on a new ISP with a new router, also same on past ISP and 2 routers. I've tried dynamic IP, static IP, google as DNS, auto dns, drivers from the manufacturer etc etc

At the end of last week I updated my BIOS and reset it, this caused Windows to bluescreen on booting, since then I've reset Windows, re-installed all drivers from new and it's still doing the same, I don't know what to do *Sad
    Can anyone help?
    I've been at it for months looking at other people's posts bit getting nowhere
    thanks

:)

mmace, Nov 19, 2017

2. Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection

No backups maintained?

Andre Da Costa, Nov 19, 2017
  3. MaffMace Win User

BIOS update done and reset back to defaults. Now my pc bluescreens (inaccessible boot device) on reboot. Unfortunately i didn't see your reply about it probably not doing anything for the adapter. Gutted. Hope i can get it going.

MaffMace, Nov 19, 2017
  4. Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection

Try uninstalling your Ethernet Drivers? Also check in the Device Manager for the Ethernet device's duplex setting I think its called? Sure someone will jump on and elaborate on this part but try uninstalling the driver and rebooting.

Best to do it with the cable unplugged and plug back in when it says its installed *Smile

kingtez1984, Nov 19, 2017
  5. mmace Win User
    Cheers, I uninstalled, restarted and re-installed the drivers yesterday (after re-re-downloading them) and again this afternoon, still the same.
    Not sure it's the drivers if it's 2 devices doing it (internal and USB3) and they use different drivers.

mmace, Nov 19, 2017
  6. Good point, slap on the wrist for not seeing that bit lol.

Try a different cable pal.

kingtez1984, Nov 19, 2017
  7. mmace Win User
    Tried numerous cables, currently got a brand new one in, am on my 3rd router since this started happening too *Sad

mmace, Nov 19, 2017
  8. Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection

Defo strange,

Try loading safemode with networking and testing there. Pretty much the only thing left that I can think off pal.

kingtez1984, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Ethernet keeps dropping internet connection - Similar Threads - Ethernet keeps dropping

2. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  3. Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wired Ethernet Connection keeps dropping: I have been experiencing some network adapter issues for a week or so now. My system is an ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 GA402RJ, and my network adapter is a Realtek USB GbE Family Connector according to Device Manager. This laptop does not have an Ethernet port so I am using an...
  4. Internet Connection keeps on dropping

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection keeps on dropping: I just got a new PC and use an ethernet cable for connecting to the internet. Well the internet keeps on losing connection every 20 seconds. I tried restarting my router, my PC and I also unplugged and plugged the cable multiple times but nothing seems to have fixed the...
  5. Internet connection keeps dropping out

Internet connection keeps dropping out: With out warning connection is lost cause the default Gateway is not available according to the checker. Still trying to sort that out and machine keeps crashing and freezing Any help would be grateful...
  6. Internet connection keeps dropping

Internet connection keeps dropping: My internet connection keeps dropping. I have changed my network to private, changed my hardware settings to not allow computer to turn off my network card, I have updated my driver for my network card. The problem only happens on this windows 10 computer, all of my other...
  7. Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping

Wired Ethernet connection keeps dropping: Suddenly for NO REASON Windows 10 drops the ethernet to "unidentified network" "No internet". The network utility comes back and gives a DNS error. I can ping out by IP address, I can ping the router- I CAN'T send a browser to the router's internal address for management-...
  8. Ethernet connection drops

Ethernet connection drops: I am having problems with my internet connection for my PC. The connection is via an Ethernet connectiion to the modem, not via Wi-Fi. Occasionally, the connection will drop and the only way I can re-connect is by restarting the PC. The problem is not with the modem (which...
  9. Computer keeps dropping Internet connection

Computer keeps dropping Internet connection: I bought a used computer and since I have attached it to my network I have had nothing but problems. First it seems as thought it was acting as a DHCP server somehow as some devices when connecting to my network would pick up the IP address of this new computer as the default...
  10. Internet Connection Keeps Dropping

Internet Connection Keeps Dropping: I appreciate that this is a common Internet topic but I simply can't find a solution. Before upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 I ran the check which advised that my system is compatible and then updated it. Everything ran fine for about a day, but since then my Wifi Internet...