Windows 10: Ethernet keeps losing connection

Discus and support Ethernet keeps losing connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ethernet keeps losing connection for some reason. I thought it was wireless as the picture shows. [img] it looks like it's wireless can't connect and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by hollyoaks777, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Ethernet keeps losing connection

Ethernet keeps losing connection for some reason. I thought it was wireless as the picture shows.
    Ethernet keeps losing connection [​IMG]
    it looks like it's wireless can't connect and this is happening with Ethernet is connected. It loses connection once every 2 minutes and that's no joke and lasts for a couple of minutes. Correct me if I am wrong but it should connect to wireless when this happens. As I have the wireless connection set up. But Ethernet won't let it connect I know this as I have been wireless for 2 weeks now. I haven't lost connection once. But I would like to be connected through Ethernet as I lose 60 meg going wireless and I am right next to router. Has anyone got any ideas how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

:)

hollyoaks777, Mar 28, 2018

2. Windows 10 keeps adding Ethernet Connections

Original title: Windows 10 keeps adding Ethernet Connections, I now have 23

Can anyone tell me why since I upgraded to Windows 10, every time there's an update it adds another Ethernet Connection. I'm on WiFi and right now, it I check Internet Connections, I have my 1 WiFi, 1 Local and 23 Ethernet. They get to shuffling around and
    I lose my Internet Connection until they settle down. Why does it keep adding them????? How do I remove them and stop Windows from adding more???

Ron C 1943, Mar 28, 2018
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Consistent Internet Outages on Windows 10 Latest update

Hi Connor,

Just to verify, are you connected to the internet wirelessly, or via Ethernet cable? Also, is it the internet that is constantly breaking up, or your PC is losing its connection to the router? Please advise.

We'll keep an eye out for you response.

Mark Isi, Mar 28, 2018
  4. dmholt57 Win User

Ethernet keeps losing connection

You may find settings in the Advanced tab of the Ethernet adapter properties, they set the priority when plugged in and turn off the WiFi...

dmholt57, Mar 29, 2018
  5. Worth a try. I'll give that a go. Cheers mate.

hollyoaks777, Mar 29, 2018
  6. Samuria Win User
    Check the setting for ethernet often it gets set to full duplesand most home routers cant cope so it drops

Samuria, Mar 29, 2018
  7. Can you tell me what that means Samuria?

8. Ethernet keeps losing connection

Think it might be fixed, got this icon but this time it's connected
    I have disabled wireless network. No it's not fixed for sure but stayed connected for a while need to go back to wireless.

9. Samuria Win User
    Open properties of the network card choose advanced setting will be there and are different for each card but normally there is a duplex setting somtimesif its a gig card and the router is only 100 meg it can negotiate wrong you my need to set to 100 meg

Samuria, Mar 29, 2018
  10. I know that the router can handle up to 300meg and maybe more should this be enabled?

I don't see anything with any amount of meg you were talking about Samuria.

11. dmholt57 Win User
    QOS is disabled by default, don't change it... *Nerd

dmholt57, Mar 29, 2018
  12. clayto Win User
    I have virtually the same issue, perhaps not so bad as dropout is often brief (I rely on Ethernet without switching to Wireless) , so I am following this with interest. I wont say more as I don't want to hijack or cause any confusion, except for this point--- I know the fault is not with the Hub as I have 3 other devices connected to it: TV, phone, tablet ---- TV uses the Ethernet ---- and they are all connecting perfectly.

clayto, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet keeps losing connection

1. Ethernet keeps losing connection - Similar Threads - Ethernet keeps losing

2. Keep losing internet connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep losing internet connection: I have an Asus TUF laptop running Windows 11 version 23H2 OS Build 22631.3235. For the past few weeks it’s been losing the internet connection, and I have to restart to get back online. It was happening once every day, and is now getting more frequent. Can someone tell me the...
  3. I keep losing connection.

I keep losing connection.: when playing Red Dead Redemption 2 online is the worse. I have spent weeks trying every suggestion they make. This started happening just after an upgrade to faster optic internet. Same provider. Also noted that when playing Sodoku in Facebook, I will get a steady...
  4. Bluetooth keeps losing connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth keeps losing connection.: Hello everyone,My Bluetooth loses connection constantly. That is the phenomenon of losing connection and then having it back continuously, causing bluetooth connected devices such as keyboards and headphones to work intermittently. Can anyone tell me how to fix...
  5. Bluetooth keeps losing connection.

Bluetooth keeps losing connection.: Hello everyone,My Bluetooth loses connection constantly. That is the phenomenon of losing connection and then having it back continuously, causing bluetooth connected devices such as keyboards and headphones to work intermittently. Can anyone tell me how to fix...
  6. Ethernet randomly loses connection.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet randomly loses connection.: On my Windows PC the ethernet adapter randomly loses connection seemingly at random. It will happen every few days, sometimes more frequently daily. I'll notice because I'll lose all internet access then when looking at the network connections I can see the red X over my...
  7. Ethernet randomly loses connection.

Ethernet randomly loses connection.: On my Windows PC the ethernet adapter randomly loses connection seemingly at random. It will happen every few days, sometimes more frequently daily. I'll notice because I'll lose all internet access then when looking at the network connections I can see the red X over my...
  8. Ethernet randomly loses connection.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection

Wired Ethernet Periodically Loses Connection: Hi Guys, I've got a really weird issue with my computer. Relevant specs: CPU: R9 3900X Motherboard: MSI B450 Mortar Max Winver: 19041.572 Every day my computers ethernet connection cuts out. The icon in the bottom right goes from Attachment 304577 to Attachment 304578...
  10. Ethernet keeps losing connection and going wireless

Ethernet keeps losing connection and going wireless: Ethernet keeps losing connection and going wireless. Does anyone know what is happening? Thank you in advance 70216