Windows 10: Ethernet link not connecting on cold start - fine on reboot

Discus and support Ethernet link not connecting on cold start - fine on reboot in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Since I upgraded to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7, I've noticed that from a cold boot - e.g. PC has been turned off for several hours, the Ethernet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Floob, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Floob Win User

Ethernet link not connecting on cold start - fine on reboot

Since I upgraded to Windows 10 Home from Windows 7, I've noticed that from a cold boot - e.g. PC has been turned off for several hours, the Ethernet network icon has the red X through it and I dont get any internet/network access.

It reports that the cable is unplugged. It definitely is plugged in, it goes straight into a Netgear Powerline homeplug.

If I then reboot, it connects straight away no problem at all.

I havent installed the motherboards LAN drivers, but thought it might be something else before I tried that?

:)

Floob, Jun 20, 2016

2. Win 10 Endless loop.

The cold reboot with no Ethernet connected didn't change anything but the Media Creation tool allowed me to load a Win 10 ISO flash drive. The Tool could not upgrade my PC but the install from the flash drive went right in. BINGO!

DavidEI293, Jun 20, 2016
  3. windows 10 start up

windows10 will not load from cold start . have to reboot to get it to work.

computer was fine before windows 10 install

michaelbalsley, Jun 20, 2016
Thema:

Ethernet link not connecting on cold start - fine on reboot

1. Ethernet link not connecting on cold start - fine on reboot - Similar Threads - Ethernet link connecting

2. Ethernet showing not connected but working fine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet showing not connected but working fine: Hello,as the title says my Ethernet is showing not connected but its working fine. I also cant use any Microsoft related ProgrammsMicrosoft Store, online search in Powerpoint.... I dont know what to do and i have tried everything. I also cannot access my Network Settings....
  3. Ethernet showing not connected but working fine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet showing not connected but working fine: Hello,as the title says my Ethernet is showing not connected but its working fine. I also cant use any Microsoft related ProgrammsMicrosoft Store, online search in Powerpoint.... I dont know what to do and i have tried everything. I also cannot access my Network Settings....
  4. Ethernet showing not connected but working fine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. What would make my pc not start on cold boot but stays on fine and restarts fine?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What would make my pc not start on cold boot but stays on fine and restarts fine?: My computer has trouble booting from cold being completely off. it'll cold boot fine maybe 2 times out of 10. It can be on 24/7 with no problem. It'll restart and go into sleep mode fine. When I do cold boot it'll show BIOS splash screen, I can get into BIOS fine also, but...
  6. What would make my pc not start on cold boot but stays on fine and restarts fine?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What would make my pc not start on cold boot but stays on fine and restarts fine?: My computer has trouble booting from cold being completely off. it'll cold boot fine maybe 2 times out of 10. It can be on 24/7 with no problem. It'll restart and go into sleep mode fine. When I do cold boot it'll show BIOS splash screen, I can get into BIOS fine also, but...
  7. Cold start OK, reboot hangs on splash screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Cold start OK, reboot hangs on splash screen: The machine is MSI Titan GT80 running latest-greatest Win10. The problem began after I installed an AHCI driver as I moved the machine from the RAID mode to AHCI mode in BIOS. I undid the RAID configuration a while back but it stayed configured in the RAID mode and...
  8. Unmountable boot volume on Cold boot, But reboot and it starts fine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unmountable boot volume on Cold boot, But reboot and it starts fine: After my computer has been off overnight maybe 6 hours when I turn it back on it will just sit at the windows loading screen and after 5min it will blue screen with "unmountable boot volume" But the problem is If I reboot or shut off and turn back on it boots right into...
  9. Cold Reboot Resets Router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cold Reboot Resets Router: This has started since the updates the other day. A power up boot (not a restart) does a router reset, not just of the Ethernet line, the whole kit and caboodle, including the external link. It happens in the first Windows startup phase i.e. when the smaller blue 'flag' is...
  10. Cold Start Freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Cold Start Freeze: When performing a cold start, the windows logo appears but nothing happens. If I reboot (Hold in the start button) and wait a few seconds, then repress the start button, Windows-10 loads. Why is this? 24306