Windows 10: Ethernet network between 3 Windows 10 PCs problem

Discus and support Ethernet network between 3 Windows 10 PCs problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have 3 PCs 2 Windows 10 Pro called NOVA and VIVA and 1 Windows 10 Home called ACER. Before I upgraded 1 of the Win 10 pro PCs to the adversary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by WalterW, Sep 4, 2016.

1. WalterW Win User

Ethernet network between 3 Windows 10 PCs problem

I have 3 PCs 2 Windows 10 Pro called NOVA and VIVA and 1 Windows 10 Home called ACER.

Before I upgraded 1 of the Win 10 pro PCs to the adversary update I had Ethernet connection between all PCs.

The Windows 10 Pro are called Nova and Viva and the Windows home is called ACER.

Since I have upgraded Nova to the Anniversary update have lost Ethernet connection between all the PCs!*Sad

I have set sharing up with permission to all the PCs but still the same problem.

They all have Ethernet connection to the internet.

Has any on any suggestions what the problem may be?

:)

WalterW, Sep 4, 2016

2. Files not accessible in workgroup

Is there any difference of connectivity type between the networked PCs, such as Wi-Fi / Ethernet or any network device, such as a different router or Ethernet switch between them on your network? Can you connect them to the same network more directly, in
    order to eliminate everything else besides the Windows 10 configuration? For example, if you can connect them all via Ethernet, rather than Wi-Fi, does networking then work properly?

Don Cuthbert, Sep 4, 2016
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Lost network connection between 2 PCs via ethernet cable...

Hi,

You can try these following steps in fixing this issue:

• Open
      Command Prompt
      as
      Administrator.

• Type
      net local administrator /add
      networkservice and hit
      Enter.

• Type
      net local administrator /add
      localservice and hit
      Enter.

• Type
      Exit
      and
      restart
      your computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 4, 2016
  4. topgundcp Win User

topgundcp, Sep 4, 2016
  5. WalterW Win User
    WalterW, Sep 4, 2016
  6. topgundcp Win User
    It is the same for Windows 7, 8, 10, Vista, Xp.

topgundcp, Sep 4, 2016
  7. WalterW Win User
    Those screens and menu are different

WalterW, Sep 4, 2016
  8. topgundcp Win User

The only screen is different is in item 6 ie. apply to your router.

topgundcp, Sep 4, 2016
  9. Kbird Win User
    As TopGun mentioned they must all be in the same Workgroup 1st , which you can see in Control Panel >System

Ethernet network between 3 Windows 10 PCs problem [​IMG]

and for some Netbios is not working Correctly on Default in Win10 so switch it to Enabled like so on all Comps.

Kbird, Sep 4, 2016
  10. WalterW Win User
    I have followed your points 1 thru to 5, all computers are set to WORKGROUP but no joy, I have rebooted and still no connection between my PCs.

WalterW, Sep 4, 2016
  11. topgundcp Win User
    You have to do all the steps. Not just 1 -> 5

topgundcp, Sep 4, 2016
  12. Kbird Win User
    How long have you waited after the reboot on each machine ? it sometimes takes a while for Netbios's Master Browser to sort itself out and show all the Computers on the Network Window

I think TopGun is talking about his Steps , not the one's in my pic for Netbios only which are 1-5 , if not TG please elaborate....THX

KB

Kbird, Sep 5, 2016
  13. WalterW Win User

I performed your suggestions on my desktop (Win 10 Pro) and my laptop (Win 10 home) and left them running for about 30 minutes and I can now get a connection between the 3 PCs, I will perform your suggestions on my other PC (Win 10 Pro) and leave them all running for 30 minutes and hopefully that will connect .
    I will report after I have done it.

WalterW, Sep 5, 2016
  14. Kbird Win User
    Netbios is very old tech , so it isn't instantaneous , it can take upto about 1.5 hrs if there are many computers, while the computers all decide who is the Master Browser and then replicate that info over the Lan etc but usually in 48 minutes all is good though it can happen alot quicker.

You can also Force the computer who is always on to be the Master Browser , and doing the replicating etc , by default it checks every 12 minutes and updates the List and should stop the "negotiating" as it will always be the "Boss" if turned on.....

more info here on that , though MOST, should not need to do this:

Specifying Browser Computers

Kbird, Sep 5, 2016
  15. WalterW Win User
    After performing your suggestion I rebooted and left the PCs running but they have been running for 2 hours but the third PC has not connected.

WalterW, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Ethernet network between 3 Windows 10 PCs problem - Similar Threads - Ethernet network between

2. Network ethernet problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network ethernet problem: I have a very odd problem with a brand new Windows 11 computer. Everything works great except for one thing. I have an ethernet network here with 5 Windows computers on it. Three are legacy Windows 7 computers that are needed for legacy software and hardware. The other two...
  3. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  4. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet: I have a PC at home connected by ethernet to a router. This shows as Network 5 in Network and Sharing Centre.I have another PC in another room connected via ethernet to the same router. This shows as Network 2 In its Network and Sharing Centre. I've tried everything I can...
  5. share files between two pcs on home lan ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Problem in viewing PCs on the network

Problem in viewing PCs on the network: I have two PCs connected to the same wifi router, one with windows 10 1909 and a windows 7 sp1. From the windows 10 pc I see the windows 7 pc in the explorer. But from the pc with windows 7 I can't see the pc with windows 10. in windows 10: [img] in windows 7 (from remote...
  7. Unable to share files between PCs over Ethernet

Unable to share files between PCs over Ethernet: 1) Want to transfer files between PCs using ethernet (single owner/user, home LAN) 2) Absolutely delighted [not!] by ~ twenty-five (25) step 'simple' process required ... ARRGGGGH! 3) Survived hoop-jumping up to "enter credentials for PC access" (or some such $#%#^) 4)...
  8. network 3 windows 10 pcs

network 3 windows 10 pcs: how do I network. they are all on an Ethernet connection to the same router https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/network-3-windows-10-pcs/8396838e-5a98-4124-8bef-8ef3a422c3df
  9. Sharing problems between my PCs

Sharing problems between my PCs: Hello everyone, I have a desk PC connected to my router via cable (Ethernet) and a laptop connected to the same router via WiFi and both run Win 10. I just reinstalled my laptop and now they cannot see each other. Both PCs are connected to same network and discoverable on...
  10. Network problem between W10 and W7/8 PCs

Network problem between W10 and W7/8 PCs: I have, what seems to be, a common problem with my home network of one Windows 10 PC and several Windows 7 & 8 PCs. I can access the files of the W7 & 8 computers from the W10 one, but the W10 files cannot be accessed by the others, although all PCs show up on the network on...