Windows 10: Ethernet not working after using recovery drive

Discus and support Ethernet not working after using recovery drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am completely wiping my hardrive with DBAN and doing a clean install of windows 10 with a dvd I created with the media creation tool. Will the fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BobbyVP, Nov 15, 2015.

1. BobbyVP Win User

Ethernet not working after using recovery drive

I am completely wiping my hardrive with DBAN and doing a clean install of windows 10 with a dvd I created with the media creation tool. Will the fresh installation of windows come with a driver for ethernet cable so I can get on the internet.

I know I can get the drivers and put them on a usb to use after install, but I'm having trouble with malware on other computer and I don't want to transfer anything.

It is windows 10 home on a 64 bit Toshiba Satellite C55-C5241 if that matters.

:)

BobbyVP, Nov 15, 2015
  2. kojoo1230 Win User

Windows 10 Restart with Update

Sorry . Always - always unplug Ethernet cables during crucial work . This way no outside interferences . Similar happened when recovering a large sdhc card . I learned !

Try to recovery again (2) twice with yours . Also a different recovery software may work , there is one paid recovery by RECOVERA that works great . It will splice some files when found . It made pass after pass on a hard drive that had been formatted
    for a new install , stopped - crashed - before finished by power failure . Total recovery .

kojoo1230, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Cannot create recovery drive in Windows 10

Thanks, but sorry. Still no success with creation of a recovery drive. Turned off Norton, disconnected Ethernet cable and retried creation of a recovery drive. Same error message after several attempts with and without ethernet connections.

BradfordWatson, Nov 15, 2015
  4. Kyhi Win User

windows 10 does come with some of the more common network drivers..

Not saying your certain driver is included - but good chance one of the basic included drivers will

5. BobbyVP Win User
    Is there somewhere I can find out exactly what it comes it and if it will work for my computer to know for sure.

BobbyVP, Nov 15, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
    the driver hive is rather large...

Depending on your current OS - you may be able to use DISM and export the current system drivers into a folder..
    then rather then having no internet connection to download any needed drivers, you can refer device manager to the drivers folder..
    Or you can go to the OEM website and download the driver.exe(s) prior to doing a clean installation, so you will have the drivers downloaded and on hand (before hand) if needed

7. BobbyVP Win User
    I don't know what DISM is and I don't have any where to download drivers. I have a malware problem. The only way for me is to be able to get on the internet with the clean install. Where is the driver hive you are speaking of. I should be able to check what my computer needs and see if it comes pre-installed.

BobbyVP, Nov 15, 2015
  8. Ztruker Win User

Download the network driver on another computer, put it on a flash drive for use after the clean install, if necessary.

Ztruker, Nov 15, 2015
  9. NavyLCDR New Member
    Looks like the laptop has Realtek network adapter in it, Windows 10 should have that driver natively when installed.

NavyLCDR, Nov 15, 2015
  10. topgundcp Win User
    In addition to the above. You can also download:
    Double Driver 4.1 Download - TechSpot
    Unzip, run and save all the drivers to another HD or USB. After installed, Re-run DD and restore.

topgundcp, Nov 15, 2015
  11. BobbyVP Win User
    I just used the reset option of windows on my Toshiba satellite c55-c5241 and when I try to connect to ethernet, I get the error "ethernet does not have a default ip configuration." I thought this option was supposed to reset to factory defaults? My ethernet was working fine before I did this.

BobbyVP, Nov 15, 2015
  12. BobbyVP Win User
    Thanks a lot? Where did you find out that windows 10 comes with a driver for Realtek natively. No one else seems to get that every HD and usb I have is currently infected with malware. My particular network adapter is Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller.

BobbyVP, Nov 15, 2015
  13. Ztruker Win User

Many of us have Realtek NICs and they work fine under Win 10.

Ztruker, Nov 15, 2015
  14. NavyLCDR New Member
    I've got about 6 of those. Very common network controller that is supported by Windows 10.

NavyLCDR, Nov 15, 2015
  15. spapakons Win User
    Click on search and type network, then click to open Network and Sharing center. Click on Change adapter settings on the left. Right-click on your network connection and select Properties. Click on Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) and then Properties. This should be to automatic both in IP and DNS. If not, set it to auto and then click OK and OK. You may have to disable the adapter (right-click on it) and enable it again for changes to take effect. If this doesn't work, try updating the Ethernet drivers.

spapakons, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

1. Ethernet not working after using recovery drive - Similar Threads - Ethernet working using

2. Ethernet not working after update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet not working after update: Last night before shutting my laptop off i selected update and shutdown, nothing abnormal happened, but when i opened my laptop today i had no Ethernet nor WiFi, i had to turn on my mobile hotspot to be able to do anything. What happened? I also scanned for viruses, none,...
  3. Ethernet not working after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet not working after update: Last night before shutting my laptop off i selected update and shutdown, nothing abnormal happened, but when i opened my laptop today i had no Ethernet nor WiFi, i had to turn on my mobile hotspot to be able to do anything. What happened? I also scanned for viruses, none,...
  4. Ethernet not working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Using a recovery drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using a recovery drive.: For a while now I’m trying to recover my Windows 10 Laptop from HP, I made a recovery drive from another Windows 10 Laptop from ACER, I cant find a way to use the recovery drive is there a way?...
  6. Recovery of C drive using recovery key id

Recovery of C drive using recovery key id: My C drive has got locked. The Bitlocker recovery key is stored in the Documents folder of C drive. The Windows is installed in the same. What should I do to recover it?...
  7. Using bitlocker recovery key from USB drive not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Using bitlocker recovery key from USB drive not working: I have a Dell E6420 laptop which was running Windows 7 Pro and in-place upgraded it to Windows 10 Enterprise. Before upgrading I removed bitlocker and re-enabled it after the upgrade. I backed up the recovery key to a USB thumb drive. Now, when I try to boot the machine with...
  8. Creating a recovery drive not working

Creating a recovery drive not working: I recently had a problem with my computer not recognizing an operating system. I fixed that and now I got into windows. If that ever happens again I want to create a recovery drive so I can fix any problem easier. When I go into the control panel, go to recovery, and then...
  9. Unable to share drives using Ethernet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to share drives using Ethernet: I connected my desktop and laptop using Ethernet cable and try to share hard drive. On the laptop I can see hard drives connected to the desktop. But I cannot see the drives connected to the laptop from the desktop....
  10. using recovery drive

using recovery drive: Got a virus on 6-year old computer - running Windows 10. Have a new computer -- and have installed Windows 10. I have created a recovery drive from my new computer - and would like to use it to rescue my old computer. I have read all of the instructions - but am wondering...