Windows 10: Ethernet only showing in network connections (Windows 10)

Discus and support Ethernet only showing in network connections (Windows 10) in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've been stressing out trying to find out how to get WiFi back into network connections because I didn't want to keep using an Ethernet cable. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by asdfasdfa02938, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Ethernet only showing in network connections (Windows 10)

I've been stressing out trying to find out how to get WiFi back into network connections because I didn't want to keep using an Ethernet cable. When I open up the network tab, there is no networks showing at all except for my Ethernet cable.

:)

asdfasdfa02938, Jul 21, 2018
  2. Aquinus Win User

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

I suggest checking out the event log in Windows. It's likely going to tell you why (to some degree,) why the network connection was lost. I haven't had this issue with wired connections but, with wireless it has almost always come down to drivers or a strange software bug which boiled down to how the driver operates.

Aquinus, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Ethernet connection not showing up

I have a Dell XPS 8300. I upgraded to Windows 10 and the Ethernet connect stopped working and showing up. The wireless connection shows up and and works. However turning off the WiFi also makes the intergrity light go out on the Ethernet connection. When
    I go to "View Your Network Properties" The Ethernet connection is list and working along with the Wifi. If I go to the Device Manager and look at the network adapters the ethenet connection is reported as working correctly. The motherboard ethernat uses Broadcom
    BCM57788 chip.

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks, Joe

JosephO.Marsh, Jul 21, 2018
  4. RevoLand Win User

Ethernet only showing in network connections (Windows 10)

Windows 10 Ethernet connection randomly disconnects

Hello,

So this issue has been annoying me since i have changed my old i5-4670 with a ryzen.

Ethernet: Realtek 8111H (MSI X370 Gaming Plus)
    Modem/Router: Airties Air 5760

What i have tried so far to fix my issue:
    • Re-installing Windows
    • Updating Ryzen chipset drivers
    • Updating Realtek LAN drivers (both from MSI & Realtek)
    • Updating MSI' LAN releated drivers (MSI Gaming Lan Manager)
    • Replacing ethernet cable
    • Restarting router to factory settings
    Still no luck, keeps happening randomly. Sometimes it is stable for days then it is not stable for 20 mins. Happening when gaming or idle, or while streaming via steam link.
    Windows' own issue fixer thingy fix the issue for the moment, re-plugging the cable, disabling & enabling the ethernet adapter also fixes the issue for the moment.
    Also i am the only one having this issue in the network, TV and phones are still connected to wifi.

It is started to be real annoying, so time to get help to fix the issue from TPU. Thanks in advance! *I Love TPU :lovetpu:

RevoLand, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet only showing in network connections (Windows 10)

1. Ethernet only showing in network connections (Windows 10) - Similar Threads - Ethernet showing network

2. Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet: Okay so I am on my wits end. I have tried all the fixes I can find online. I have downloaded the newest driver from Asus. Under control panel > network and internet > network connections there is only Ethernet network cable. My computer sometimes lets me pull up the internet...
  3. Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet: Okay so I am on my wits end. I have tried all the fixes I can find online. I have downloaded the newest driver from Asus. Under control panel > network and internet > network connections there is only Ethernet network cable. My computer sometimes lets me pull up the internet...
  4. Asus will not show wifi under network connections- only shows ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. only ethernet 2 showing in network connections on a laptop with one ethernet port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    only ethernet 2 showing in network connections on a laptop with one ethernet port: only ethernet 2 showing on a laptop with one ethernet port and i can't connect to internet using ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-ethernet-2-showing-in-network-connections-on/a1fbaf6c-583d-437c-96f0-44e32dba9f58
  6. only ethernet 2 showing in network connections on a laptop with one ethernet port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    only ethernet 2 showing in network connections on a laptop with one ethernet port: only ethernet 2 showing on a laptop with one ethernet port and i can't connect to internet using ethernet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-ethernet-2-showing-in-network-connections-on/a1fbaf6c-583d-437c-96f0-44e32dba9f58
  7. only ethernet 2 showing in network connections on a laptop with one ethernet port

8. network connections only showing ethernet

network connections only showing ethernet: hi, i'm having that issue where my computer is only showing network connections to ethernet and not wi-fi. other devices in my home are able to connect to wi-fi. when i checked device manager, the wi-fi adapter was hidden and its status was not connected. i tried updating the...
  9. Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected

Windows network shows as not connected, but ethernet is connected: I can browse the internet, download files, etc. but because Windows doesn't seem to know it is connected via ethernet I can't download Windows updates. I've tried an operating reset twice and not getting anywhere, neither by uninstalling and reinstalling drivers....
  10. Connected via WiFi but only ethernet network icon shows in Tray

Connected via WiFi but only ethernet network icon shows in Tray: Here's a strange one. I am connected via Wifi, everything works fine, fast, stable. But I just noticed the icon showing in my Tray area is the wired ethernet icon. (No RJ45 cable connected, no docking station). [img] Is this a bug or a feature? 74525

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network connections only shows ethernet

2. windows 10 ethernet only

3. network connections only showing ethernet

4. windows connection setting only shows ethernet,
  5. ethernet not showing in network connections,
  6. i can only connect to ethernet on windows 10 pro,
  7. only ethernet is showing on pc,
  8. windows 10 only showing ethernet connection,
  9. ethernet not showing network connections,
  10. windows only showing ethernet,
  11. windows 10.only showing ethernet,