Windows 10: Ethernet Problem Windows 10

Discus and support Ethernet Problem Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi guys! I've been having an issue since installing Windows 10. Whenever I stream (e.g. youtube/netflix) or download (i.e. windows updates) my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RajBee, Aug 5, 2015.

1. RajBee Win User

Ethernet Problem Windows 10

Hi guys! I've been having an issue since installing Windows 10.

Whenever I stream (e.g. youtube/netflix) or download (i.e. windows updates) my Ethernet cuts out and I know longer have a connection to the internet. My connection to the router remains for a while, then that cuts out also. My fathers computer (still on Windows 7) is not experiencing this problem, and prior to the operating system upgrade (from Windows 7) I wasn't either.
    I have now attached a WiFi adapter and I can use the internet, but I prefer an Ethernet connection for speed. Any solutions? Or is anyone else experiencing a similar problem.

(This is my first time posting to forums so if my explanation of problem is poor, apologies - but thank you for any help!)

:)

RajBee, Aug 5, 2015

2. Windows 10 login problem

Hi. I installed windows 10 on my friends computer, and his computer has a problem with overheating, so when I wanted to type his account details, the computer shut down. Then when I reopened it, is displays "Other User" and under are two columns, where
    it says to type the email and the password. I tried three different accounts and it says that the password is incorrect. Please, help!

Windows 10 login problem, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Sumit Dhiman2, Aug 5, 2015
  4. linw Win User

Could be a network card driver issue. I would go into Device Manager and record the driver version then uninstall the driver and see whether windows installs a different one afterwards. Test and see!

Perhaps if you posted what card you have, and what driver version, someone with that card may be able to help.

linw, Aug 6, 2015
  5. Mystere Win User
    Have you installed yesterdays cumulative update patches? Many networking issues were fixed with this.

Mystere, Aug 6, 2015
  6. RajBee Win User
    Yeah I have installed all of the updates and it's still just disconnects after I stream or download anything. I find it odd that it's only happening when I'm taking large amounts of data, if I'm just sitting around on my pc for a long time only reading articles it never happens :/

RajBee, Aug 10, 2015
  7. RajBee Win User
    I uninstalled the drivers for it, only used my wifi adapter for a couple of days, then when I reinstalled the drivers for my network card the same problem was happening. My network card in device manager is called: "Broadcom Netlink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet" with the Driver Version - "15.6.1.2"
    I was considering purchasing a new network card, but the fact it was working perfectly before the Windows 10 update I'm reluctant

RajBee, Aug 10, 2015
  8. linw Win User

Recently read on this forum about big driver problems with Broadcom NIC.

Have a snoop around and/or search for it.

9. RajBee Win User
    Thank you, I'll get to that now!!

** GENERAL UPDATE ABOUT MY PROBLEM! **
    I'm now experiencing a Code 22 (device is disabled) on the network card, enabling the device and/or restarting the computer is not fixing the problem. I have a feeling Microsoft might just not have done the right updates for me as of yet. :/
    Thank you if anyone has any more information on the problem *Biggrin

RajBee, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Ethernet Problem Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Ethernet Problem

2. Ethernet connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection problem: My PC with Win11 has a problem with the ethernet connection. I checked the ethernet I connected but no internet access as you can see in the screenshot. How can I sort it out?...
  3. Ethernet connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connection problem: My PC with Win11 has a problem with the ethernet connection. I checked the ethernet I connected but no internet access as you can see in the screenshot. How can I sort it out?...
  4. why i'm getting ethernet connectivity problem,means it will connect and suddenly disconnect?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why i'm getting ethernet connectivity problem,means it will connect and suddenly disconnect?: i'm getting ethernet connection problem mostly it getting disconnect suddenly*** Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Word / For education / Windows ***...
  5. How to fix LAN Ethernet driver problem in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix LAN Ethernet driver problem in Windows 11/10: [IMG]If you face problems with your LAN Ethernet drivers on your Windows PC, this post will help you fix them. Some Windows users have reported that their ethernet driver has stopped working. This issue could be caused by various reasons, including outdated/faulty drivers,...
  6. How do I fix a windows 11 WiFi problem that says I need Ethernet I just want WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix a windows 11 WiFi problem that says I need Ethernet I just want WiFi: My laptop win 11 home has a problem with WiFi. It does not show a WiFi button when I click the bottom right corner tab like the one with accessibilities. I looked in network settings everywhere but I can't find anything related to wifi, it's all Ethernet and other...
  7. How do I fix a windows 11 WiFi problem that says I need Ethernet I just want WiFi

How do I fix a windows 11 WiFi problem that says I need Ethernet I just want WiFi: My laptop win 11 home has a problem with WiFi. It does not show a WiFi button when I click the bottom right corner tab like the one with accessibilities. I looked in network settings everywhere but I can't find anything related to wifi, it's all Ethernet and other...
  8. Network ethernet problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network ethernet problem: I have a very odd problem with a brand new Windows 11 computer. Everything works great except for one thing. I have an ethernet network here with 5 Windows computers on it. Three are legacy Windows 7 computers that are needed for legacy software and hardware. The other two...
  9. Network ethernet problem

Network ethernet problem: I have a very odd problem with a brand new Windows 11 computer. Everything works great except for one thing. I have an ethernet network here with 5 Windows computers on it. Three are legacy Windows 7 computers that are needed for legacy software and hardware. The other two...
  10. Optiplex 9010 ethernet problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optiplex 9010 ethernet problems: Hello internet,I was wondering if you could solve a small problem for me. Currently I am broke, and using an old OptiPlex for gaming. I have recently had to purchase a WIFI card because the ethernet broke. it shows up, but says ethernet doesn't have a valid Ip configuration...