Windows 10: Ethernet Problems Cant identify the network but my router sees it

Discus and support Ethernet Problems Cant identify the network but my router sees it in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Ever since i upgraded to the latest version of windows 10 my Ethernet has been broken i have tried installing the drivers from intel directly it still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RIZY101, Jul 9, 2015.

1. RIZY101 Win User

Ethernet Problems Cant identify the network but my router sees it

Ever since i upgraded to the latest version of windows 10 my Ethernet has been broken i have tried installing the drivers from intel directly it still doesn't work.

If anyone has any possible solutions help would be appreciated and if more information is needed i can give it.

:)

RIZY101, Jul 9, 2015
  2. lacrumb Win User

having trouple with hooking ethernet cable to my windows 10 hp laptop

Is your router configured for Ethernet? Does it have an Ethernet network identified?

Have you gone into Device Manager to see if there is a Network adapter for Ethernet?

lacrumb, Jul 9, 2015
  3. problems since 16299.98

after poking around a bit I found out that its my network adapter software (it cant be hardware because it was working fine in the previous build). anyway seems as though I cant have an Ethernet connection while also being able to connect to the same router
    via wifi. I have a workaround though. I just cant connect my laptop to my router via wifi and just have it connected via gigabit Ethernet. resetting the network settings and not keying in my wifi ssid and password. then connected via Ethernet, everything works
    fine. updating all the network adapter drivers didn't help so I guess my laptop will never see the connection of my router via wifi ever again. I can still connect to other wifi networks, then wire in without issues just not the same router I connect to with
    both Ethernet and wifi.

Aaron C.S Chan, Jul 9, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

more details about your rig is required, so please do update your post and mention the build also.

batlhilz, Jul 9, 2015
  5. How are you determining that the Router sees your Ethernet connection? Are you logging into the Router from a different computer?
    What do you get when you type in "Ipconfig" at the Command Prompt?
    Are you saying that the Network Interface Card driver is not installed or is not working? If yes, is this based on Device Manager display?

CountryBumkin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Ethernet Problems Cant identify the network but my router sees it - Similar Threads - Ethernet Problems Cant

2. Network ethernet problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network ethernet problem: I have a very odd problem with a brand new Windows 11 computer. Everything works great except for one thing. I have an ethernet network here with 5 Windows computers on it. Three are legacy Windows 7 computers that are needed for legacy software and hardware. The other two...
  3. Network ethernet problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network ethernet problem: I have a very odd problem with a brand new Windows 11 computer. Everything works great except for one thing. I have an ethernet network here with 5 Windows computers on it. Three are legacy Windows 7 computers that are needed for legacy software and hardware. The other two...
  4. Why can't Windows 11 identify the ethernet connection to the router?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't Windows 11 identify the ethernet connection to the router?: Trying to perform Windows 11 clean install on new built pc. The OS was previously installed on an NVMe and was accessing the internet using an ethernet connection. Had to correct a problem and decided to remove the Home version and clean install the Pro version. During the...
  5. Why can't Windows 11 identify the ethernet connection to the router?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why can't Windows 11 identify the ethernet connection to the router?: Trying to perform Windows 11 clean install on new built pc. The OS was previously installed on an NVMe and was accessing the internet using an ethernet connection. Had to correct a problem and decided to remove the Home version and clean install the Pro version. During the...
  6. Seeing items not in my network, in my network ...after gettingn new router

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Seeing items not in my network, in my network ...after gettingn new router: Greetings: I have an HP probook with windows 10 professional 64 bit. I have had this computer now since October, and I thoroughly enjoy it. It's been a learning curve with windows 10 but I do like it. About two weeks ago Frontier the internet company provided me an...
  7. Router Ethernet Port problem.

Router Ethernet Port problem.: I have just been supplied with a new router by my fibre optic supplier. The router has 4 Ethernet ports and I have my PC connected to one of them. I also have a set top box for my streaming TV signal, this is connected by cable to another of the Ethernet ports. The PC...
  8. Ethernet says "Network is not identified"

Ethernet says "Network is not identified": Hello everybody I'm currently having problems with my ethernet. It says "Network is not identified" and I have tried everything I could find on google to fix it, even reinstalling windows didn't help. It happened right after I ran a spoofer program don't ask why. I have...
  9. unable to see shared network drive on router

unable to see shared network drive on router: How do I setup windows 10 to be able to see all my shared network devices? I am looking for my //net-storage/drive that is on my router. I did it long ago for another computer but forget how I managed to accomplish the task....
  10. Problems identifying network devices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems identifying network devices: Hello, I would like to understand why suddenly the file explorer seems to manage the network node differently. For some time nothing is visible under the network node (see figure below), although we have several computers and printers on the network. They appeared earlier...