Windows 10: Ethernet Problems

Discus and support Ethernet Problems in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have installed Windows10 Education I am having internet problems. When I start the computer the internet connection works just fine it mostly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zimbo, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Zimbo Win User

Ethernet Problems

Hi,

I have installed Windows10 Education I am having internet problems. When I start the computer the internet connection works just fine it mostly goes down after like 15-20 minutes. When I troubleshoot it the message "local area connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration" appears.

However when I restart the computer the connection works fine again for approximately 15-20 minutes. This does not seem to be an ISP or router problem as I have tested the computer on two completely different networks and the connection still goes down after a while.

I have already tried the "ipconfig/release, renew command" nothing happens. I have also updated the drivers and I am currently using the latest driver. Any tips or help would be appreciated.

Device: Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet.

:)

Zimbo, Feb 23, 2016

2. start menu stopped working

Cannot get start menu to pop up. Worked till yesterday, now won't. Turned off computer and back on - still won't work

problems-problems, Feb 23, 2016
  3. Allan Mej Win User
    Ethernet problems

Hi Sakarih,

There are many possible causes of undetectable internet connection. For us to assist with your concern, kindly answer these following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your PC prior to the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting methods you've tried so far?
    • Have you tried connecting to the internet via LAN/cable connection with no problem?

We'll be looking forward for your reply.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Feb 23, 2016
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Ethernet Problems

Right Click/ Device manager/ Find Ethernet device in Network Adapters/ right click go to properties/ Power Management/turn off power management

wyldman68, Feb 25, 2016
Thema:

Ethernet Problems

1. Ethernet Problems - Similar Threads - Ethernet Problems

2. Ethernet connection problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet connection problem: My PC with Win11 has a problem with the ethernet connection. I checked the ethernet I connected but no internet access as you can see in the screenshot. How can I sort it out?...
  3. Ethernet connection problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet connection problem: My PC with Win11 has a problem with the ethernet connection. I checked the ethernet I connected but no internet access as you can see in the screenshot. How can I sort it out?...
  4. why i'm getting ethernet connectivity problem,means it will connect and suddenly disconnect?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why i'm getting ethernet connectivity problem,means it will connect and suddenly disconnect?: i'm getting ethernet connection problem mostly it getting disconnect suddenly*** Move from Microsoft 365 and Office / Word / For education / Windows ***...
  5. How to fix LAN Ethernet driver problem in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to fix LAN Ethernet driver problem in Windows 11/10: [IMG]If you face problems with your LAN Ethernet drivers on your Windows PC, this post will help you fix them. Some Windows users have reported that their ethernet driver has stopped working. This issue could be caused by various reasons, including outdated/faulty drivers,...
  6. How do I fix a windows 11 WiFi problem that says I need Ethernet I just want WiFi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix a windows 11 WiFi problem that says I need Ethernet I just want WiFi: My laptop win 11 home has a problem with WiFi. It does not show a WiFi button when I click the bottom right corner tab like the one with accessibilities. I looked in network settings everywhere but I can't find anything related to wifi, it's all Ethernet and other...
  7. How do I fix a windows 11 WiFi problem that says I need Ethernet I just want WiFi

How do I fix a windows 11 WiFi problem that says I need Ethernet I just want WiFi: My laptop win 11 home has a problem with WiFi. It does not show a WiFi button when I click the bottom right corner tab like the one with accessibilities. I looked in network settings everywhere but I can't find anything related to wifi, it's all Ethernet and other...
  8. Network ethernet problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network ethernet problem: I have a very odd problem with a brand new Windows 11 computer. Everything works great except for one thing. I have an ethernet network here with 5 Windows computers on it. Three are legacy Windows 7 computers that are needed for legacy software and hardware. The other two...
  9. Network ethernet problem

Network ethernet problem: I have a very odd problem with a brand new Windows 11 computer. Everything works great except for one thing. I have an ethernet network here with 5 Windows computers on it. Three are legacy Windows 7 computers that are needed for legacy software and hardware. The other two...
  10. Optiplex 9010 ethernet problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Optiplex 9010 ethernet problems: Hello internet,I was wondering if you could solve a small problem for me. Currently I am broke, and using an old OptiPlex for gaming. I have recently had to purchase a WIFI card because the ethernet broke. it shows up, but says ethernet doesn't have a valid Ip configuration...