Windows 10: Ethernet Speeds Slow!

Discus and support Ethernet Speeds Slow! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Alright, my router is in my living room, my windows 10 computer is connected to the internet via ethernet. After connecting it it from my living room,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JuicyFruitJoe, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Ethernet Speeds Slow!

Alright, my router is in my living room, my windows 10 computer is connected to the internet via ethernet. After connecting it it from my living room, all the way to my room down a very long hallway, a kitchen and then my room, the connection was terrible. My ping was 183 ms, NaN mbps for download, and 4.38 mbps for upload.
    Is there anyway to get faster connection from this distance away from the router or do I have to move the router closer to my bedroom?

:)

JuicyFruitJoe, Jul 6, 2016
  2. Jenny5 Ma Win User

Installed Windows 10 -Ethernet connection to Laptop now only has 25 mbps - Modem itself has 300 mbps

I have the same problem. I bought an ethernet connector for surface3, but the speed is very very slow, much worse than wifi. I need ethernet cable because wifi is used by many people, so it's also very slow. But the ethernet cable doesn't help. Now, I need
    to find a laptop that have ethernet outlet.

Jenny Ma

Jenny5 Ma, Jul 6, 2016
  3. WI FI SPEED SLOW DOWN AFTER UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10

I have wi-fi router having Ethernet as well as wi-fi port, on LAN internet speed is good i.e. same as win 8.1. But on WI-FI port internet speed is slow down.

I have Macfee Antivirus i.e. came along with Laptop.

NEETHASHIRGAVE, Jul 6, 2016
  4. Ethernet Speeds Slow!

If you are connected by ethernet ( a CAT5 cable ), it's not going to get any faster by moving the router/computer in the distance you are talking about.
    Try a different cable or call your ISP.

CADesertRat, Jul 6, 2016
  5. Berton Win User
    The Ethernet cable length maximum is 100 Meters or just over 300 Feet computer to Router. The network parts are rated at 10/100 or 10/100/1000 Kbps/Kilo bits per second. Unless a CAT 5 cable is really old it may be able to carry the Gigabit [1000Kbps] speeds. It's also important that the Router and the Network adapter in the computer be rated the same. If you have an opportunity to borrow a different cable try a CAT 5e or CAT 6, may give better speeds.

I have a 5Mbps service and when I see a much higher Upload speed than for Download and have reset both the Router and the Modem [or combination] I then get the ISP involved, frequently is a problem on their end.

Berton, Jul 6, 2016
  6. sml156 Win User
    If your talking about your internet speed using one of the many speed tests that are out there and getting slow speeds, The only thing you can do is phone your ISP and give them a bucket full of money to increase your bandwidth.

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet Speeds Slow!

1. Ethernet Speeds Slow! - Similar Threads - Ethernet Speeds Slow

2. Sudden slow down of ethernet speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden slow down of ethernet speed: Day before yesterday my ethernet suddenly stopped working/net was not working. The ethernet symbol was correctly displayed and text showed it was connected properly but internet simply dosent work. I have tried reconnecting , in the first few mins it gave 8-10mbps speed and...
  3. Sudden slow down of ethernet speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden slow down of ethernet speed: Day before yesterday my ethernet suddenly stopped working/net was not working. The ethernet symbol was correctly displayed and text showed it was connected properly but internet simply dosent work. I have tried reconnecting , in the first few mins it gave 8-10mbps speed and...
  4. Ethernet slow speeds very unstable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet slow speeds very unstable: Not sure why but my ethernet speeds on task manager is showing very unstable and in kbps but if i use speed test i get 250 MBPS and upload 30MBPS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-slow-speeds-very-unstable/9e33d231-b624-45e7-a892-0acd42f13ed9
  5. Ethernet slow speeds very unstable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet slow speeds very unstable: Not sure why but my ethernet speeds on task manager is showing very unstable and in kbps but if i use speed test i get 250 MBPS and upload 30MBPS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ethernet-slow-speeds-very-unstable/9e33d231-b624-45e7-a892-0acd42f13ed9
  6. Ethernet slow speeds very unstable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Very slow upload speeds with ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Very slow upload speeds with ethernet: My download speeds are through the roof at over 800mb/s but my upload speed is sitting at a pathetic 0.3-1mb/sI've tried disabling LSO, updating drivers, deleting the device and switching cords and ports. My brothers PC is working perfectly fine with the same downlopad speed...
  8. Very slow upload speeds with ethernet

Very slow upload speeds with ethernet: My download speeds are through the roof at over 800mb/s but my upload speed is sitting at a pathetic 0.3-1mb/sI've tried disabling LSO, updating drivers, deleting the device and switching cords and ports. My brothers PC is working perfectly fine with the same downlopad speed...
  9. Slow Ethernet Speed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Ethernet Speed: My computer is getting slower internet speeds on the same network as other computers. When running a speed test on my laptop on speedtest.net it shows download speeds of 500+ Mbps on the ethernet cable. Now taking that same ethernet cable and plugging it into my desktop I am...
  10. Ethernet internet speed is slow

Ethernet internet speed is slow: My computer is getting slower internet speeds on the same network as other computers. When running a speed test on my laptop on speedtest.net it shows download speeds of 400+ Mbps on the ethernet cable. Now taking that same ethernet cable and plugging it into my desktop I am...