Windows 10: Ethernet to wifi adapters... they still exists?

Discus and support Ethernet to wifi adapters... they still exists? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, sorry it's not strictly related to Win 10 but this forum Always solve my issues so... please help. I am looking for an adapter that allows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pipppero2007, May 28, 2017.

1. Ethernet to wifi adapters... they still exists?

Hello,

sorry it's not strictly related to Win 10 but this forum Always solve my issues so... please help.

I am looking for an adapter that allows a device that is only ethernet to connect to a wifi router.

This look easy but I totally misunderstand why I find only repeaters, extenders with that function that I want, but not ONLY the function that I want.

I don't want any extension of my wifi, or another SSID in the house, I only want a device that is ethernet to be connected to the main wifi router.

I absolutely cannot find something like that.

I hope that thing exists, once I see one that worked for a smart tv without wifi, and that one was not a repeater or a bridge, it was only a client wireless for an ethernet output.

Please HELP.

:)

Pipppero2007, May 28, 2017

2. Change priority on network adapters without disabling any network adapter

I am using Windows 10.

Sometimes, I would like to use Ethernet for accessing resources on local area network and WiFi for internet. My WiFi network is actually my phone's tethered WiFi (I use my phone's internet). And, I always connect to the WiFi network later than Ethernet.

I had set static interface metric for both my ethernet adapter and WiFi adapter. The WiFi adapter's interface metric is set to lower than the ethernet adapter's interface metric. But, this doesn't work until I disable and re-enable the ethernet adapter.
    Before I disable the ethernet adapter, Windows and all other installed software will still use the ethernet adapter for internet. I have to disable and re-enable the ethernet adapter to make all software use my WiFi network for internet.

After reboot my computer, I always connect to ethernet first, then connect to WiFi later, and I would like to keep this way.

So, since I had set static metric for both my ethernet adapter and WiFi adapter, how can I make Windows and all other software use WiFi for accessing internet by default,
    without disable and re-enable my ethernet adapter?

CSH1471199, May 28, 2017
  3. Wireless Adapter disappeared after windows 10 upgrade

Does this work if both the Ethernet & wifi adapters are missing? I know it works as long as the Ethernet adapter is still visible.... any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

JustMeNikkita, May 28, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Ethernet to wifi adapters... they still exists?

Hello Pipppero, *Smile

If this device is a PC that has a USB port, then you could get and use a USB WiFi adapter to connect wirelessly to the router.

Here's an example: USB WiFi Adapter | AC1200 (A6210) | NETGEAR

Brink, May 28, 2017
  5. Barman58 Win User
    Barman58, May 28, 2017
  6. Berton Win User
    I've only worked with Wireless Routers that also had 4 Ethernet ports plus the Uplink port for connecting to a Modem. Some ISPs provide a Modem [such as Cable/Broadband] that also has the Ethernet ports and Wi-Fi capability, our church uses two such devices. Personally I use a Wireless Router plus an 8-port Switch to accommodate my needs, Ethernet to workbench, 5 Desktops, 2 printers and 2 NAS drives plus on occasion any number of Wireless Notebooks, Tablets, wife's Kindle, etc.

Berton, May 28, 2017
  7. Scientific, May 28, 2017
  8. Ethernet to wifi adapters... they still exists?

The device has not usb.

Maybe only the Edimax does what i need but still dont understand why they call it bridge... i am seeing it better.

Thank you.

Pipppero2007, May 28, 2017
  9. Barman58 Win User
    A bridge is a standard term in networking for a device that links to different types of network transport, It's not classed as a router as it makes the connection on the same Network, whereas the router links two different networks such as a LAN and a WAN, or Lan to Lan (different segments )

Windows actually has it's own ability to bridge connections - If you have a Wireless and Ethernet connection on the same system it's possible to use both together to improve capacity (bandwidth) to the router. It can also be used to convert a PC into a router/ Wireless Router if the two connections are bridged when connected to different networks

Just came across this which may be of help to anyone looking at using this device CV-7428nS_Manual_v1_r4.pdf

Barman58, May 29, 2017
  10. cereberus Win User
    cereberus, May 29, 2017
  11. Hello,
    still need your help.

I have an old device with only ethernet that needs fixed IP and that needs to be connected to a wifi router.
    I solved the problem with an ACCESS POINT configured as CLIENT.

But I am still in doubts.

I gave to the device the fixed IP 192.168.1.50.
    I gave to the ACCESS POINT the fixed IP 192.168.1.50 (the same).

So I gave to the two devices the SAME IP.

Sometimes in the device's display there is "conflict IP" message and I have to shut off the both, or sometimes in a PC of the LAN there is another "conflict IP", it's only in one machine and I need to reboot that machine.

This means that when the device is connected to the AP, if I run 192.168.1.50 I will get the interface of the device (it's an old printer), while, if the device is NOT connected to the AP if I run 192.168.1.50 I will get the interface of the AP.

It is normal that? Too use the SAME IP on the device and on the AP set to CLIENT MODE? Or I am doing wrong?

Pipppero2007, Jun 8, 2017
  12. telepro21 Win User
    telepro21, Jun 10, 2017
  13. Ethernet to wifi adapters... they still exists?

Pipppero2007, Jun 10, 2017
  14. telepro21 Win User
    This device creates a physical network between itself and the device to which it is connected. This represents an IP network address scheme. It then connects wireless to your Wi-Fi network and gets an IP address from your wireless router. You can think of this device as a mini-router between the two network environments.

telepro21, Jun 10, 2017
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    The router configured as the access point, and the computer should NOT have the same IP address. No two devices accessible by an IP address on the same subnet should have the same IP address.

NavyLCDR, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet to wifi adapters... they still exists?

1. Ethernet to wifi adapters... they still exists? - Similar Threads - Ethernet wifi adapters

2. Wifi adapter missing and PC has no Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi adapter missing and PC has no Ethernet port: So occasionally my laptop HP something...2023 model will randomly disconnect from the Internet and says no network available. This time, it disconnected and I disabled my wifi adapter to re enable it. The adapter disappeared, now I can't connect to any network, and I just...
  3. Wifi adapter missing and PC has no Ethernet port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi adapter missing and PC has no Ethernet port: So occasionally my laptop HP something...2023 model will randomly disconnect from the Internet and says no network available. This time, it disconnected and I disabled my wifi adapter to re enable it. The adapter disappeared, now I can't connect to any network, and I just...
  4. Ethernet adapter up to it it kicks between Ethernet and wifi will not stay on hard wired...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet adapter up to it it kicks between Ethernet and wifi will not stay on hard wired...: I have a windowed 11 laptop that when I hook the Ethernet cable to ib via a adapter it will not stay hooked to Ethernet is switches between wifi and hard wire. Please help...
  5. Ethernet adapter up to it it kicks between Ethernet and wifi will not stay on hard wired...

Ethernet adapter up to it it kicks between Ethernet and wifi will not stay on hard wired...: I have a windowed 11 laptop that when I hook the Ethernet cable to ib via a adapter it will not stay hooked to Ethernet is switches between wifi and hard wire. Please help...
  6. Ethernet and Wifi Adapter freeze

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet and Wifi Adapter freeze: So I have a brand new computer 1 week I just built with an asus rog z790 maximus hero running Windows 11. I started noticing that the internet will just go out occasionally and I can not get back without a reboot, I have it wired to my 2.5g switch which is working fine as...
  7. Ethernet and Wifi Adapter freeze

Ethernet and Wifi Adapter freeze: So I have a brand new computer 1 week I just built with an asus rog z790 maximus hero running Windows 11. I started noticing that the internet will just go out occasionally and I can not get back without a reboot, I have it wired to my 2.5g switch which is working fine as...
  8. Both WiFi and Ethernet adapter shows in yellow triangle,

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Both WiFi and Ethernet adapter shows in yellow triangle,: Dear all, I am unable to connect to internet, checked device manager found the yellow triangle on both Wifi and Ethernet adapters , tried to uninstall and reboot, but the same. on the network i could see a global icon,...
  9. Wifi and Bluetooth adapters not working! Ethernet does.

Wifi and Bluetooth adapters not working! Ethernet does.: I've been off this (my work) machine for a few months so I can't remember if I was using it on Wifi. I'm certain the wifi once workedas did thye BT. However, most of the time I had hardwired ethernet. Yesterday I fired up the machine and WiFi and BT are problematic. What I've...
  10. Do USB WiFi adapters supplement or replace existing WiFi antenna?

Do USB WiFi adapters supplement or replace existing WiFi antenna?: When using a laptop the internal antenna can only receive the WiFi signal that exists in that air space where it is located so it seems to me that plugging in a USB WiFi adapter into the laptop cannot increase the WiFi performance and yet that is the reason they are sold. Is...