Windows 10: Ethernet vs. wireless

Discus and support Ethernet vs. wireless in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there such a thing as a 5 Ghz Ethernet card, or is just 5 Ghz wireless? 67156 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Clint, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Clint Win User

Ethernet vs. wireless

Is there such a thing as a 5 Ghz Ethernet card, or is just 5 Ghz wireless?

:)

Clint, Oct 16, 2016

2. wireless vs. ethernet cable

I'm using WIN10. For indefinite periods I have to hook up the ethernet cable to the router as my wireless is buffering and dropping constantly. Other times it works great. I'm assuming it's a server problem. I have only one company, Fairpoint, in a
    rural area and on facebook people complain constantly they have no internet. I have intermittant email problems a well.

Oldgeezett, Oct 16, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    wireless vs. ethernet cable

To properly get answers to your post you should include some minimum information.

1. Device type. ie PC, Laptop, Tablet, Surface. Make

2. OS type, Home, Pro, Enterprise, etc

3. Current build. Go Settings, System. About. OS build XXXXXX.XXXX

lacrumb, Oct 16, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Ethernet vs. wireless

No - 2.4/5 GHZ refer to the wireless frequency.

Ethernet comes in two speeds mostly - older 100 Mb/s (100 megabits) or more modern 1000 Mb/s (1 Gigabit). Of course, these are usually much faster than internet speeds even for slower 100 Mb/s unless you have amazingly fast broadband.

cereberus, Oct 16, 2016
Thema:

Ethernet vs. wireless

1. Ethernet vs. wireless - Similar Threads - Ethernet wireless

2. Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters: My laptop says media disconnected. Is there any help for this? A new drive was put in and removed and this is what happened when I try to ipconfig to check the connection....
  3. Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters: My laptop says media disconnected. Is there any help for this? A new drive was put in and removed and this is what happened when I try to ipconfig to check the connection....
  4. Windows 10 - media disconnected on ethernet and wireless adapters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have a pc and it is not letting me use a wireless wifi network only a ethernet cable what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a pc and it is not letting me use a wireless wifi network only a ethernet cable what...: I have a pc and its not letting me connect to wireless wifi only through ethernet how do i change that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-pc-and-it-is-not-letting-me-use-a/377813c0-f286-4b1e-b3db-56d25dcbeac8
  6. I have a pc and it is not letting me use a wireless wifi network only a ethernet cable what...

I have a pc and it is not letting me use a wireless wifi network only a ethernet cable what...: I have a pc and its not letting me connect to wireless wifi only through ethernet how do i change that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-pc-and-it-is-not-letting-me-use-a/377813c0-f286-4b1e-b3db-56d25dcbeac8
  7. I have a pc and it is not letting me use a wireless wifi network only a ethernet cable what...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Why cant i use wireless conection on my new set up pc it is only accpeting ethernet and idk...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why cant i use wireless conection on my new set up pc it is only accpeting ethernet and idk...: So i bypassed the ethernet cable cnnection when setting it up and now i dont have a wireless connection option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-use-wireless-conection-on-my-new-set-up/5e867159-7a4c-47c6-a793-7db30c66a773
  9. Why cant i use wireless conection on my new set up pc it is only accpeting ethernet and idk...

Why cant i use wireless conection on my new set up pc it is only accpeting ethernet and idk...: So i bypassed the ethernet cable cnnection when setting it up and now i dont have a wireless connection option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-use-wireless-conection-on-my-new-set-up/5e867159-7a4c-47c6-a793-7db30c66a773
  10. Windows 10 22H2 treats my XBOX Wireless Adapter as an Ethernet Network Adapter to Nowhere

Windows 10 22H2 treats my XBOX Wireless Adapter as an Ethernet Network Adapter to Nowhere: A WarningFor the amount of frustration the problem has caused and for how much work I am putting into this write-up, if anyone responds to this with any of following..."uninstall and reinstall the driver" "reboot the system""run sfc /scannow""Reinstall <fill-in-the-blank>...