Windows 10: Ethernet wont work after i flushed my DNS

Discus and support Ethernet wont work after i flushed my DNS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So i was looking up some solutions on how to fix lag spikes on the game Lethal Company and found an article with some solutions, i used the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Emerald Exos, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Ethernet wont work after i flushed my DNS

So i was looking up some solutions on how to fix lag spikes on the game Lethal Company and found an article with some solutions, i used the following method:Here’s how to clear DNS cache?Click on the Windows start icon in the bottom left corner.Then press the Windows key + R.cmdThe Run box will appear.Type cmd, and click on OK.Then on the cmd window, enter the following commands: Note: Type the following commands, and hit Enter after every command“ipconfig/flushdns”“ipconfig/registerdns”“ipconfig/release”“ipconfig/renew”Close the windowNote that after i typed “ipconfig/release” i can vaguely

:)

Emerald Exos, Nov 30, 2023
  2. Darshan J Win User

flush dns

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response.

No, Flush DNS will not reset the IP to default. It only flushes or resets the

contents of the DNS client resolver cache.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further

assistance.

Thank you.

Darshan J, Nov 30, 2023
  3. JBigbrew Win User
    DNS Repeated flushing required

Just after my last post I followed a suggestion and changed the DNS settings to

and it seems to have worked!

I have had no cause to flush the DNS in the last 24 hours. I even shut down and rebooted several times, tried three different browsers and followed dozens of page links.

So fingers crossed this post can be closed, I just wish I could give a definitive answer to the problem.

Many thanks to all for your time and suggestions.

Brew

JBigbrew, Nov 30, 2023
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Ethernet wont work after i flushed my DNS

Can't connect to MY Minecraft server after DNS flush

Hi Kyle,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

Since the DNS is flushed, you may want to renew ipconfig and check if it works. To renew the ipconfig follow the steps listed below:

Renew ipconfig:

• Search for Command Prompt from the Start menu and choose
      Command Prompt (admin).
    • Copy paste the following commands and hit Enter:

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew
    • Restart the machine once the commands are executed and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, as the Pcs are in domain, I suggest you to post your query in the
    TechNet IT Pro forums, where we have support professionals equipped with the knowledge
    on game servers.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

Ethernet wont work after i flushed my DNS

1. Ethernet wont work after i flushed my DNS - Similar Threads - Ethernet wont flushed

2. After I flushed my DNS some apps didn't work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After I flushed my DNS some apps didn't work.: I recently flushed my DNS apps like Voicemod, EA Launcher, and Discord failed to all load. It said that there was an error and couldn't connect. I am not sure what to do anymore, please help. But google works. I don't know why this happens because I flushed my DNS without any...
  3. Ethernet wont work after i flushed my DNS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet wont work after i flushed my DNS: So i was looking up some solutions on how to fix lag spikes on the game Lethal Company and found an article with some solutions, i used the following method:Here’s how to clear DNS cache?Click on the Windows start icon in the bottom left corner.Then press the Windows key +...
  4. Ethernet wont work after i flushed my DNS

Ethernet wont work after i flushed my DNS: So i was looking up some solutions on how to fix lag spikes on the game Lethal Company and found an article with some solutions, i used the following method:Here’s how to clear DNS cache?Click on the Windows start icon in the bottom left corner.Then press the Windows key +...
  5. Flush DNS Cache Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  6. Flush DNS Cache Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flush DNS Cache Problem: Netflix won't open, so I searched the web, which told me to flush the DNS cache, I did flush the DNS cache, but the problem was not solved. I tried reinstalling Netflix, but the Microsoft Store takes a long time to load. Also, can't open the Windows update. It says that I...
  7. Shortcut to flush DNS Cache

Shortcut to flush DNS Cache: I am trying to create a shortcut to flush my DNS cache to avoid having to open the command prompt and enter the ipconfig command each time. I have seen two methods to supposedly do this. In the first method, I create a batch file with the ipconfig.exe /flushdns command, save...
  8. Flush DNS Cache

Flush DNS Cache: The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries the service "DNS Client" is running (set to...
  9. Flush DNS Cache

in Windows 10 Support
    Flush DNS Cache: The other day I tried to flush my DNS cache (no particular reason). command run as admin: ipconfig/flushdns result: Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache. but with the command ipconfg/displaydns I still see 139 entries the service "DNS Client" is running (set to...
  10. DNS flush, what is it and is it necessary

in Browsers and Email
    DNS flush, what is it and is it necessary: I just installed Chrome on my laptop (which I'm now using) and a friend told me I needed to defrag and do a DNS flush by writing in cmd ipconfigflushdns. Defrag is already done, but his instructions were to go to the Windows tab and search bar at the bottom to type in this...