Windows 10: Ethernet Won't Work After TWC Replaces Router

Discus and support Ethernet Won't Work After TWC Replaces Router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just the other day, TWC came and replaced a defective router for us, kind folks that they are, with a router that actually works. Computer Details:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Blenderite, Jul 22, 2016.

1. Ethernet Won't Work After TWC Replaces Router

Just the other day, TWC came and replaced a defective router for us, kind folks that they are, with a router that actually works.

Computer Details: HP Pavillion 500-164 Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    Ethernet Adaptor: Qualcomm Atheros AR8161 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
    Driver Version: 2.1.0.16

My PC was plugged into the old router with CAT5E when he replaced it. The computer was booted up and on (if that makes a difference). The computer detects the connections, but it never identifies, therefore no internet. My dad is able to plug in with the same cable in the same port on the modem and get a connection.

Any ideas?

:)

Blenderite, Jul 22, 2016
  2. jrowla Win User

Frontier coding

I originally set my new computer up with Frontier as my ISP. I have now changed my ISP to TWC (Time Warner Cable). Now how do I get delete the Frontier coding so I can connect TWC directly to my computer rather that running from Router to Router. It appears
    that Frontier coding is blocking TWC's access to my HP computer.

john

jrowla, Jul 22, 2016
  3. Problems with wifi staying connected

It seems like the internet connection is working with the Ethernet cable but I won't be able to use it with the cable since my router is in a different place.

Turkka Häkkinen, Jul 22, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Ethernet Won't Work After TWC Replaces Router

bro67, Jul 22, 2016
  5. Hi, @Blenderite:

In addition to the advice already offered, and assuming you have rebooted the computer (and perhaps power-cycled the modem/router)....

...I would not hesitate to contact TWC and bring them back, if needed.
    They ought to have tested your connectivity while they were there replacing their hardware.
    (I would not have sent them off without having done so, but that's a moot point now.)

OTOH, if you are having the same problem now with your computer AFTER replacing the modem (or modem/router, if that's what you are using) that you had BEFORE the hardware swap, and if another computer on the same network is working fine, then it would seem to isolate the issue to something awry on YOUR computer, rather than with the modem/router??

Just my random thoughts as another TWC customer and as someone who barely blunders my way with networking.*Wink

MM

MoxieMomma, Jul 23, 2016
  6. Bastet Win User
    The new router possibly has the default SSID & Passphrase, so the wifi won't connect as it's trying to connect with the old settings, either go into the router's home/settings page & change the information to the previous router's settings or delete the wifi connection & set it up again with the new SSID & Passphrase.

Bastet, Jul 23, 2016
  7. mike s Win User
    Probably true, but that should not affect the OP's ability to connect using a wired ethernet connection.

mike s, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Ethernet Won't Work After TWC Replaces Router

1. Ethernet Won't Work After TWC Replaces Router - Similar Threads - Ethernet Won't TWC

2. Ethernet won't work after installing Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet won't work after installing Hyper-V: Hello,I installed Hyper-V, and set up a virtual machine, but after I shut it down, I noticed my internet doesn't work. I looked at task manager, and it didn't detect the network card. I looked at device manager, and it said my card under network adapters, but it had a warning...
  3. Ethernet won't work after installing Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet won't work after installing Hyper-V: Hello,I installed Hyper-V, and set up a virtual machine, but after I shut it down, I noticed my internet doesn't work. I looked at task manager, and it didn't detect the network card. I looked at device manager, and it said my card under network adapters, but it had a warning...
  4. Ethernet won't work after installing Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Ethernet won't work correctly even after updating drivers

Ethernet won't work correctly even after updating drivers: My desktop is connected via Ethernet to my router and it shows up with my network name and as connected but it won't load any webpages or anything and if I do a Speedtest thru the Microsoft store app I get 0.03 mbps before going down to 0 and I only get 1.5 mbps on the...
  6. Router Ethernet Port problem.

Router Ethernet Port problem.: I have just been supplied with a new router by my fibre optic supplier. The router has 4 Ethernet ports and I have my PC connected to one of them. I also have a set top box for my streaming TV signal, this is connected by cable to another of the Ethernet ports. The PC...
  7. Should I Replace My Router

Should I Replace My Router: Hi I am looking for advice regarding our router, not that there is anything wrong with it, far from it. No, what I am after is advice as to whether I should replace it for an up-to-date router. I have not had any security updates since about 2013 and also have reason to...
  8. HUAWEI router Ethernet not working

HUAWEI router Ethernet not working: How are you doing? i have a small LTE router from HUAWEI, i have provided it to ISP and registered with new Public IP address.... Now when i connect wifi to my pc or phone it works, but when i connect ethernet cable to the PC or NVR(cctv camera) wifi do not work and...
  9. ethernet adapter and router

ethernet adapter and router: I have Windows 10 on my desktop and my wife has a chromebook. I have bridged my ISP's gateway and used my own router before but it its old. First would you recommend my own router rather than the ISP gateway router I am using now? Secondly, to ensure security if the...
  10. Home network doesnt work after windows update and replacing router

Home network doesnt work after windows update and replacing router: I have a desktop, laptop and wireless printer for personal use. In the past the laptop and desktop saw each other and I was able to transfer files. I didn't use home groups I just entered the computer name and password After a windows update and replacing a router my...