Windows 10: Eudora 7.1.0.9. compatibility with Win 10

Discus and support Eudora 7.1.0.9. compatibility with Win 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I just upgraded to Win 10. I have used Eudora 7 because of it's ability to be versatile in my uses. I want to keep the app. Here are some issues I... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by omegatx, Oct 11, 2015.

1. omegatx Win User

Eudora 7.1.0.9. compatibility with Win 10

I just upgraded to Win 10. I have used Eudora 7 because of it's ability to be versatile in my uses. I want to keep the app.

Here are some issues I have found:
    Problems clicking links in emails - appears Win 10 is preventing links from working with none Microsoft browsers. Edge and MSIE work. Chrome and Firefox do not (when chosen as default browser).

Email attachment links will not open as they did in Win 7. I can get around this one if I right click open with and have the needed app in the list, but it's a hassle.

I am wondering is there are other Eudora users who have upgraded. What has been their experiences? I am trying to anticipate other issues which others have experienced and any solutions.

:)

omegatx, Oct 11, 2015

2. Eudora Error Message

Linda:

Your response and experience is very heartening, especially if you updated Windows 10 after December 2017 or January 2018.

Perhaps I should re-install Eudor 7.1.0.9 again in Windows 10 for another try.

On installation in Windows 10, did you place the program files in a C: root directory, and the Eudora mailboxes and other folders in a separate folder in your computer's Documents area?

Len

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

LIONELTRAUBMAN, Oct 11, 2015
  3. RoyLewis1 Win User
    Eudora Error Message

I tried one suggestion

> Use Windows Explorer to set Eudora to: Run as Administrator

which did nothing.

Then I edited the shortcut that calls Eudora to Run as Administrator, and that does work,

RoyLewis1, Oct 11, 2015
  4. cordellv Win User

Has anyone been successful in connecting YAHOO mail to the new EUDORA 7.1?

cordellv, Dec 5, 2015
  5. rka937 Win User
    I took the "free upgrade" from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro on my laptop on New Year's Eve. The upgrade went fine, and Eudora 7.1 works fine under it from all I can tell. Perhaps this is because I installed Eudora to its own folder c:\EUDORA and nowhere else. Other advice I have read about installing Eudora to any OS later than XP recommends that you not allow Eudora to install in Programs Files folders. Seems to work. I have been using some version of Eudora since 1995.

I haven't found any trouble getting links to work in e-mails I view in Eudora under Win10. That may or may not be due to having installed it to c:\EUDORA. I have had some issues with my ISP who messed with their e-mail service's settings recently, but that was not Eudora's fault.

Hope this helps!

rka937, Jan 17, 2016
  6. omegatx Win User
    After some weeks, Eudora seemed to have solved all of the problems I had (or updates from Win 10 may have helped). So now everything works great. However, I have two additional laptops and one desktop I will need to update to Win 10 - all running Eudora. So your suggestion to install off C:\ is well taken. In the 90s and early 2Ks I had several PCs that used that arrangement. Do you know about the Eudora for Windows List (Eudora for Windows <eudora-win@hades.listmoms.net>)? If you do, could you send an email to that address sharing your thoughts regarding the location of Eudora files. One of the most knowledgeable members of the list in Katrina Knight, L: kknight@fastmail.fm. She monitors the list. I would appreciate her thoughts on the alternate installation option. Thanks for sharing...

omegatx, Jan 17, 2016
  7. rka937 Win User
    Most welcome. I hadn't heard of the Eudora for Windows List, but I will post my findings there as well. Thanks!

rka937, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Eudora 7.1.0.9. compatibility with Win 10 - Similar Threads - Eudora compatibility

2. How can I use Eudora for email account on new PC. Works fine on old PC.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I use Eudora for email account on new PC. Works fine on old PC.: I've managed to get Eudora to show as my default Email Account on new PC. When I check for new mail, it asks for my password to proceed. My actual password will not work: It does not match the password shown in Manage Email Account, and does not update to the correct password...
  3. How can I use Eudora for email account on new PC. Works fine on old PC.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I use Eudora for email account on new PC. Works fine on old PC.: I've managed to get Eudora to show as my default Email Account on new PC. When I check for new mail, it asks for my password to proceed. My actual password will not work: It does not match the password shown in Manage Email Account, and does not update to the correct password...
  4. How can I use Eudora for email account on new PC. Works fine on old PC.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Can I import emails, fgolders and contacts from Eudora to Windows Mail? NOT WINDOWS LIVE MAIL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I import emails, fgolders and contacts from Eudora to Windows Mail? NOT WINDOWS LIVE MAIL: I have used Eudora 7 for over 20 years and found it to be the easiest program for all emails. I tried Thunderbird but have trouble importing mailboxes and contacts and it doesn't keep attachments in a separate folder.. Can those items be imported into Windows Mail not...
  6. Eudora

in Browsers and Email
    Eudora: Here's a question that has to do with the times. A friend wants to know if they can install Eudora 6.1.2 over Eudora 7.1 without losing any email. It seems to be the only way (maybe) of getting rid of the massive headers when forwarding email. They've tried everything they...
  7. Eudora on Windows 10 DEFAULT PROGRAM .. how to make it work properly !! march 2020

in Windows 10 Customization
    Eudora on Windows 10 DEFAULT PROGRAM .. how to make it work properly !! march 2020: Hello everyone , i know i'm not the only one still using eudora in 2020 ! it was a great email client and i love it ! I just upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 and i wanted our lovely eudora to keep on work .. good news it does work properly as DEFAULT PROGRAM !...
  8. How to make Eudora 7 my default email app

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to make Eudora 7 my default email app: Hi, I 'm using Eudora 7 as a mail client and for well-founded reasons do not wish to change that. I often times need to open it from a web site when clicking on a link for which the underlying code is "mailto:<adresse@mail-service>" where <adresse@mail-service> is the...
  9. Eudora

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Eudora: I am trying to install Eudora on my laptop Windows 10 so I can transfer my email from my Windows 7 desktop but I am having difficulty with setting up. When I try to connect, the connection times out. I really love Eudora and want to remain with that email program....
  10. When using Eudora, getting a popup: cannot update the system registry and the default mail...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    When using Eudora, getting a popup: cannot update the system registry and the default mail...: I bought a new laptop with windows 10. When using Eudora, I am getting a popup: cannot update the system registry and the default mail program. Can any one help me resolve this problem. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. eudora 7.1.0.9 for windows 10