Windows 10: Even having enough space for windows 10, still shows insufficient spac

Discus and support Even having enough space for windows 10, still shows insufficient spac in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Pleass help *Sad I have approx 63.4 gb free space partition for installing windows 10 pro but it shows message when i select that drive - " System... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Hritik, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Hritik Win User

Even having enough space for windows 10, still shows insufficient spac

Pleass help *Sad

I have approx 63.4 gb free space partition for installing windows 10 pro but it shows message when i select that drive - " System was unable to use the existing partition because the system volume does not contain the required free space"

I have one more efficient partition but it still shows the same

:)

Hritik, Mar 27, 2016
  2. acjain Win User

Lost my original copy of windows

I tried running media creation tool. the error shows 0x80072EFD - 0x20000

I searched for solutions, one Microsoft employee said it was because of insufficient space. But I have enough. Please help

acjain, Mar 27, 2016
  3. MKP_007 Win User
    other occupying more memory around 2.95gb????why???

i tried that but instead of freeing spac eit fills my space and then get aborts auotmatically.........

MKP_007, Mar 27, 2016
  4. Even having enough space for windows 10, still shows insufficient spac

Hello Hritik Welcome to the Ten Forums!

The error message is quite correct unfortunately! You always want more free drive available then what the Windows installer as well as for any other OS will use for the main system folders and files. Then the allowance for a paging file even on the 64bit Windows which sees far less swapping out to the drive unless the amount of memory installed is at the bare minimum.

On the 1tb drive here a clean install of 10 Pro took 88gb which is automatically in excess of the 63.4gb you have mentioned. A good 100gb would be a real help to cover all the basic needs while considering merging both of those two smaller partitions into one like a repartitioning if not shrinking one to see more available to grow the other like shrinking the second to move forward enough in order to expand the first would work. Or you could nuke both after backing up any files to see a brand new larger in size single primary put to use.

How large is the drive itself? It is quite possible the partition table and other information may have become corrupted over time which is one reason a fresh install might fail or if you have a second non OS storage drive plugged that could be the problem as well. In case you haven't seen these two guides the first is how to avoid the need to see an upgrade into 10 from a previous version. Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums

And for a more detailed look at how to get a clean install going as well as the cautioning about extra drives being present. Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

Night Hawk, Mar 27, 2016
  5. Hritik Win User
    Thanks you extremely a lot, but i have solved this problem just few minutes ago, i installed it in 150 gb partition... *Smile

Hritik, Mar 27, 2016
  6. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there
    After installation get rid of the windows.old folder - use the system cleanup in Disc properties - you won't be able to delete via usual delete. That will free up a lot more space.

That's also why you need a bigger partition if not installing W10 on a clean HDD -- if Windows finds a previous windows installation it creates the Window.old partition.

cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Mar 27, 2016
  7. Hritik Win User
    Thanks buddy, i have done this, Windows 10 professional 64 bit is working nicely *Smile

Hritik, Mar 27, 2016
  8. Even having enough space for windows 10, still shows insufficient spac

TairikuOkami, Mar 27, 2016
  9. That will do it! But what else is missing here? Oh ya the Snipping Tool found in the AllApps>Windows Accessories might help! *Smile

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Even having enough space for windows 10, still shows insufficient spac

1. Even having enough space for windows 10, still shows insufficient spac - Similar Threads - having enough space

2. Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have plenty of space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have plenty of space: Hi all,I am currently trying to install games from steam, but I'm encountering an error message indicating that I don't have sufficient disk space.However, I have approximately 600 GB on disk G and 1.2 TB on disk M.I am perplexed as to why I am unable to install a 75GB game...
  3. Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have plenty of space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have plenty of space: Hi all,I am currently trying to install games from steam, but I'm encountering an error message indicating that I don't have sufficient disk space.However, I have approximately 600 GB on disk G and 1.2 TB on disk M.I am perplexed as to why I am unable to install a 75GB game...
  4. Not Enough Space Error Even I Have Space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Enough Space Error Even I Have Space: Hello,I have 2 SSD and 1 HDD in my computerC SSD 1 is for my programs and windows it has 222 GBE SSD 2 for the games it has 445 GBD HDD is for my work and games also it is 2 TB I have 186 GB empty space at my "E SSD"But i cant even upload 780 MB FileI had same issue at W10 so...
  5. Not Enough Space Error Even I Have Space

Not Enough Space Error Even I Have Space: Hello,I have 2 SSD and 1 HDD in my computerC SSD 1 is for my programs and windows it has 222 GBE SSD 2 for the games it has 445 GBD HDD is for my work and games also it is 2 TB I have 186 GB empty space at my "E SSD"But i cant even upload 780 MB FileI had same issue at W10 so...
  6. Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Management shows there is not enough space on disk to complete this operation even...: So I've been trying to create a partition out of unallocated space on my HDD. In disk management it shows 427.30 GB as unallocated space. If i try to create a Simple Volume through the 'New Simple Volume Wizard' and select the defaults, it shows an error message saying "There...
  7. Insufficient space for windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Insufficient space for windows update: I have tried to follow the Microsoft guidance to do start>settings>windows update then to select a temporary external storage device - my problem being there is nowhere to make such a selection. I have also tried the windows 10 update assistant - that tells me to try step...
  8. "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Not enough space on" ... when there's enough space.: Getting a very strange error when trying to copy a file onto a drive: [ATTACH] Looks like there's enough space to me... halp. :P https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-enough-space-on-when-theres-enough-space/c484ca99-4210-4ee7-8d07-d66ad4843183"
  9. insufficient space for update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    insufficient space for update: The notebook is an AspireSwitch10 with a 64 Gb micro SB installed. Windows 10 update doesn't recognize it for added space. It does show up in file explorer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/insufficient-space-for-update/3566eedd-b10b-4f9c-bbe8-2dd6d3f8676b
  10. Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have 450GB of space

Error not enough Disk Space - Even though I have 450GB of space: Hi All, I am currently trying to install the newly released Horizon 4 game from the Microsoft Store, however I keep getting an error suggesting I do not have enough disk space. I have a completely empty SSD 250GB and about 200GB on my HDD. I have set the download...