Windows 10: Event 16, The IOMMU fault reporting has been initialized

Discus and support Event 16, The IOMMU fault reporting has been initialized in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [IMG]IOMMU or Input-Output Memory Management Unit, is a primary component in the Memory Management System of modern-day computing devices, responsible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 3, 2023.

1. WinClub New Member

Event 16, The IOMMU fault reporting has been initialized

Event 16, The IOMMU fault reporting has been initialized [​IMG]
    IOMMU or Input-Output Memory Management Unit, is a primary component in the Memory Management System of modern-day computing devices, responsible for handling memory management requests from hardware devices like Graphics cards, network interface cards, and storage controllers. If you are receiving Event 16, The IOMMU fault reporting has been initialized error in the Event log, […]

This article Event 16, The IOMMU fault reporting has been initialized first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Dec 3, 2023
  2. tritron Win User

Iommu

Lets create list of motherboards that support iommu.
    MSI 890XFA-D65 and D70 D65 requires custom bios from biso mods.

tritron, Dec 3, 2023
  3. nancy3243 Win User
    Event Viewer problem with latest Windows Build 1607

After installing the new Windows build 1607, the Event Viewer stopped recording events under Diagnostic Performance. (Before 1607 I checked the files located under Windows.old dated 9/23/2016 and located this file which indeed did have a list of events
    recorded.)

Since the initial 1607 download there have been two new builds automatically installed on my laptop.

The last step in an automatic download is the RESTART. Prior to my rebooting, I checked the Diagnostic Performance and for sure, these had the list of events.

Rebooting by me, causes the Diagnostic Performance errors to disappear.

As suggested earlier I have run the SFC/DISM commands with no errors reported.

Any Ideas?

Nancy

nancy3243, Dec 3, 2023
  4. deeppow Win User

Where are application error event reports placed?

I have an application (FahCore_a7.exe) failing. The event Windows log for the application failure shows:

Faulting application name: FahCore_a7.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57e1e600
    Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.15063.608, time stamp: 0x8274fd8b
    Exception code: 0xc0000028
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000004b90
    Faulting process id: 0x4834
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d342a962ca70b6
    Faulting application path: C:\ProgramData\FAHClient\cores\fahwebx.stanford.ed u\cores\Win32\AMD64\AVX\Core_a7.fah\FahCore_a7.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
    Report Id: d137c9d5-7742-498c-84fe-e1d5a2042064
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

I would assume the report (id d137c9d5-7742-498c-84fe-e1d5a2042064) might tell me more.

Haven't gone down this road before so I'm pretty ignorant about how to trouble shot the problem.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!!

deeppow, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

1. Event 16, The IOMMU fault reporting has been initialized - Similar Threads - Event IOMMU fault

2. WHEA-Logger Event "A fatal hardware error has occurred. " Event ID 16

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHEA-Logger Event "A fatal hardware error has occurred. " Event ID 16: Hello,I'm having a hard time solving this issue even after looking for the issue on multple websites.My PC Keeps getting black screen and then just reboting doens't matter what i'm doing watching youtube or playing game's. Every time i start my pc back up that error is there....
  3. Mouse stops working and the event viewer reports Fault Bucket, type 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse stops working and the event viewer reports Fault Bucket, type 0: My g502 randomly stopped working with RGB off. My keyboard also stopped responding although the rgb was still ON. This issue occurs when i am gaming and on normal use. Here is the log information: Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 28-07-2023 21:21:57...
  4. Mouse stops working and the event viewer reports Fault Bucket, type 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse stops working and the event viewer reports Fault Bucket, type 0: My g502 randomly stopped working with RGB off. My keyboard also stopped responding although the rgb was still ON. This issue occurs when i am gaming and on normal use. Here is the log information: Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 28-07-2023 21:21:57...
  5. Plugin RDSAppXPlugin has been successfully initialized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugin RDSAppXPlugin has been successfully initialized: Hello Microsoft Community, this is my first post here and I come in desperation.To preface this, I am a software engineer that is not very well versed in the cyber security realm. This is a personal computer, which I am building a startup on.I am using my custom built...
  6. Plugin RDSAppXPlugin has been successfully initialized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Plugin RDSAppXPlugin has been successfully initialized: Hello Microsoft Community, this is my first post here and I come in desperation.To preface this, I am a software engineer that is not very well versed in the cyber security realm. This is a personal computer, which I am building a startup on.I am using my custom built...
  7. Reporting a fault

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Reporting a fault: Hellow Microsoft unfortunately i can't see my apps from below my laptop screen if i drag my chaser they are there but their icons/symbols are not displaying,your help would be mostly appreciated thank you...
  8. Initializing a hard drive taht has been formatted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Initializing a hard drive taht has been formatted: I have a 3.5" hard drive that I have formatted using a Sata-USB adapter with power. It took about an hour and a half. When formatting was completed the PC showed this message. When I want to use this hard drive in another PC for extra storage how do I initialize it...
  9. Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket ;Event Name: WinPBRDiag

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket ;Event Name: WinPBRDiag: Hi everyone, I am having very bad crash to desktop issues with the game The Division 2, Ubisoft tech support requested for my MsInfo, I gave it to them and they asked me to ask Microsoft about the errors listed in the msinfo. I found info on others: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64,...
  10. Device Has Been Serviced Events

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Device Has Been Serviced Events: I get 40+ of these information events in the event viewer on most days. They are for lots of different devices. "ENVY" in the message below is this PC. The events are from the Device Setup Manager with event id 112. Device 'ENVY' ({00000000-0000-0000-ffff-ffffffffffff})...