Windows 10: Event 41 source: Kernel- Power looking for help my PC keeps restarting

Discus and support Event 41 source: Kernel- Power looking for help my PC keeps restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have been having a problem with my PC. I wanna first state I am not very good with computers just know how to build one. Anyways, originally I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jadamyo, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Jadamyo Win User

Event 41 source: Kernel- Power looking for help my PC keeps restarting

So I have been having a problem with my PC. I wanna first state I am not very good with computers just know how to build one. Anyways, originally I thought I fixed the problem by just plugging my PC into a different outlet, and for about 2 months I haven't been getting these random restarts. However, I have been getting this problem again, and it only happens when I play WoW or OW. So evidently I would just reinstall both programs, but this is my 5th installation this week, and nothing helped. I could be streaming or be playing Witcher 3 and ME:A hours upon hours and never have any problems. Also it just reboots itself like it lost all immediate power no BSOD ever, I honestly wish I could get a BSOD so I can understand what the problem is. Thank you for any kind of help.

Specs: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

willing to provide more info if needed (prob will need help finding it
    Event 41 source: Kernel- Power looking for help my PC keeps restarting [​IMG]
    )

:)

Jadamyo, Apr 15, 2017

2. Kernel Power 41 (63) error after updating to win10 from win7

Hi Jacques,

Let's take care of the Kernel Power 41 issue. Please visit
    Windows Kernel event ID 41 error
    for more information and possible fixes for the issue.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Annes-ans Win User
    Event ID = 41, Locale ID = 2057, Source = Microsoft-Win-Kernel-Power, Win 10

* Original title: Kernel

Event ID = 41, Locale ID = 2057, Source = Microsoft-Win-Kernel-Power, Win 10

Tried sending this to Microsoft but no result

Can anyone advise me, please.

Annes-ans, Apr 15, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

PSU. cooler and case info would be nice *Smile

5. Jadamyo Win User
    Corsair HX750
    corsair h100i V2
    phanteks p400

edit: listed cpu cooler as h110 that was incorrect updated info posted above.

Jadamyo, Apr 16, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    I see I need some more info about your system, including some logs: BSOD - Posting Instructions - - Windows 10 Forums.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

7. Jadamyo Win User
    Updated system info in the tab also uploaded crash dump however as I stated before I have not experienced any BSODS just a computer reboot.
    Attachment 130614

Jadamyo, Apr 16, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

I know you mentioned that you're not getting BSOD, but with some luck we may be able to find the cause right in the logs *Smile

9. Jadamyo Win User
    please help if you can I've had 2 more resets when playing WoW during this convo *Sad

Jadamyo, Apr 17, 2017
  10. EliteData Win User
    it could be a component after the PSU that is intermittently and quickly spiking more current than the PSU limits on one or more voltage rails, causing the PSU to quickly "safety circuit trip" to resolve the excessive current draw in order to prevent the PSU and components after it from becoming damaged (restarts just like pressing the reset button).
    it could also be the PSU itself, failing electrolytic filter capacitors cause precise voltages and currents to become unstable.
    since the issue is prevalent when playing WoW, you will need to find the source of the most current draw, i suspect the largest current draw in this case would be the GPU with the CPU in second place.
    try playing your game at half the resolution youre playing it at and see if the issue still happens, it may be much longer intervals before the PC restarts, this would confirm two issues, a GPU issue, a PSU issue or both (components draw more current the hotter they get).
    additionally, try to do this "test" at the same ambient room temperature as well since that can have adverse effects with this test.
    i assume youre currently playing it at 1920x1080 non-windowed.

EliteData, Apr 17, 2017
  11. Jadamyo Win User
    Ok I think I understand what you wrote. So from what I got its either my gpu or psu and I should play both OW and WoW at half the resolution. I have 2 questions. I play ME:A and rise of the tomb raider at max settings 1080p and I have 0 problems so what is the difference with WoW? 2nd question if I do play at half the resolution and my pc resets how would I be able to tell what the problem is?

Jadamyo, Apr 17, 2017
  12. Jadamyo Win User
    Also half of 1080 would be 540p I assume?

Jadamyo, Apr 17, 2017
  13. EliteData Win User

that rules out the GPU then.
    perhaps the CPU is more "intensive" with WoW than the other games.
    does your PC do these "resets" when browsing the web or doing small tasks ?

EliteData, Apr 17, 2017
  14. Jadamyo Win User
    No, I do my school work on this computer haven't had a problem. What confuses me is that why does it happen with WoW and not the other games that are more demanding in terms of GPU. Anyways, the lowest I can go on WoW is 1024x768 would that be ok? I only ask because it's incredibly hard to play the game at 720x576. Also, if my computer doesn't reboot from playing at those 2 resolutions then I can safely say it's not my GPU but my PSU?

Jadamyo, Apr 17, 2017
  15. EliteData Win User
    1024x768 is fine to test and see if the problem still happens.
    even though the other games run at high resolution and dont cause the same problem, those games could be utilizing the GPU differently than WoW does.
    the idea here is to test and rule out the "possibles".
    from my experience, intermittent resets, like someone pressed the reset button, no logs, no errors and no BSOD, is generally regarded as the PSU "resetting" because the PSU "saw" a current spike that went beyond its limit, triggered into "safety" by shutting off but then turning back on immediately because the current spike obviously ceased to exist.
    i used to use PC PSU's to power different types of electronics besides a PC and quickly discovered this "safety" feature they have.
    its designed to prevent an uncontrolled current flow event or a "dead short circuit", meaning without the "safety" feature, things would literally go up in blue smoke.
    so its likely that a component in the PC is drawing excessive current spikes and/or the PSU is just failing.
    even if any of the components themselves are relatively new, that still doesnt mean one or more single electronic components within the device itself could not fail.

EliteData, Apr 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Event 41 source: Kernel- Power looking for help my PC keeps restarting - Similar Threads - Event source Kernel

2. Keep getting Kernel-power Event 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep getting Kernel-power Event 41: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>9</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task>...
  3. Keep getting Kernel-power Event 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keep getting Kernel-power Event 41: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>9</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task>...
  4. How to fix Event ID 41, Source: Kernel Power?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Event ID 41, Source: Kernel Power?: Source: Kernel powerEvent ID: 41Task Categroy: 63The laptop restarts randomly whenever it is kept to sleep. I go to sleep shutting the laptop's lid and then the laptop sometime during the night randomly shuts down and restarts. Has been happening since january, can't find any...
  5. How to fix Event ID 41, Source: Kernel Power?

How to fix Event ID 41, Source: Kernel Power?: Source: Kernel powerEvent ID: 41Task Categroy: 63The laptop restarts randomly whenever it is kept to sleep. I go to sleep shutting the laptop's lid and then the laptop sometime during the night randomly shuts down and restarts. Has been happening since january, can't find any...
  6. Need Help with random restarts due to Event 41 from source: Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help with random restarts due to Event 41 from source: Kernel-Power: Hi,For the few years of owning my Dell computer I keep getting random shutdowns. I have spent many hours looking into this throughout the years, but my basic procedures that have worked in the past on other computers are not getting me to an answer. In Googling some of the...
  7. Need Help with random restarts due to Event 41 from source: Kernel-Power

Need Help with random restarts due to Event 41 from source: Kernel-Power: Hi,For the few years of owning my Dell computer I keep getting random shutdowns. I have spent many hours looking into this throughout the years, but my basic procedures that have worked in the past on other computers are not getting me to an answer. In Googling some of the...
  8. Need Help with random restarts due to Event 41 from source: Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Computer Restarting - Event 41 Kernel Power

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Restarting - Event 41 Kernel Power: Windows Version 20H2 Hey all! So ever since I replaced my GTX 570 with a 970 I've been having some hiccups. I have another post related to more of the process of installing the 970 but it got off topic so I thought I'd start a new one since the circumstances have changed...
  10. Event 41, Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 41, Kernel-Power: I need help as my computer seems to randomly shut off. This problem started occurring completely randomly. It shuts off and then continues to shut off and attempt to restart until it eventually comes back. I temporary turned off the power source and have just turned it back...