Windows 10: Event 64 warning about a certificate

Discus and support Event 64 warning about a certificate in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This obscure warning has been appearing recently in Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Applications Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 67 5e... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Terrypin, Aug 26, 2017.

1. Terrypin Win User

Event 64 warning about a certificate

This obscure warning has been appearing recently in Event Viewer > Windows Logs > Applications

Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 67 5e bb 9a d3 59 b0 8d 0b dc aa c4 b0 c6 94 8f 04 66 9d f6 is about to expire or already expired

Can anyone interpret it and advise me what, if anything, I should do to fix it please?

EDIT: I've since noticed it appears just before an unexpected overnight reboot (I run my PC 24/7) so I'm wondering if it could have been the cause, say after a crash?

Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Aug 26, 2017

2. XBL client/server ipSec issuing CA (suspicious?)

Since I never use the Xbox app so had no chance of breaking it and I've been having this same event log warning about the same certificate (with a different date) I decided to reset that app and immediately the certificate was replaced by a new one valid
    from today until tomorrow. I don't understand why a company like Microsoft would install a temporary certificate with their app like that. They should have the installer remove it after use if it isn't needed or set a real expiration timeframe and let it renew
    if it is needed.

RoboDragon6, Aug 26, 2017
  3. Event ID 64

I have been getting frequent event 64 : Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 48 98 0f d7 7d 52 fe 5e 44 05 96 a7 32 f2 50 2e 27 c2 4d ea is about to expire or already expired. Have googled solutions and set up credentials on MMC but the thumbnail
    stomps me and could not locate the specified certificate to renew or to delete.

I am using Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Moved from: Windows /Windows 10 /Security & privacy

Charlie Mangyan, Aug 26, 2017
Thema:

Event 64 warning about a certificate

1. Event 64 warning about a certificate - Similar Threads - Event warning certificate

2. event log warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event log warning: hello, im having this warning every 0.5 sec. its a new computer.. source: WHEA LOGGERevent id 17A corrected hardware error has occurred.Component: PCI Express Root PortError Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI ExpressPrimary Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x6:0x0Secondary...
  3. Event warning help

Event warning help: After having to replace my laptop screen I now get an event warning saying ''Device DISPLAY\CMN1545\4&188e172d&1&UID265988 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match' now my laptop switches off after being on for awhile. I'm not sure these are related but it's some...
  4. Event Warning 10016

Event Warning 10016: Hi, I'm running Windows 11 OS Build 22000.348 and i've clean installed it from Windows 10 but i've started to receive this warning in event log The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  5. Question about ESENT Warnings Event 642

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Question about ESENT Warnings Event 642: Hello, My Windows.old file is now gone and I have noticed a considerable drop of the ESENT errors 642. I did a Disk Clean up but I am seeing only "one group" of 6 ESENT errors containing these two below in that one group and they appear right after a restart. Does anyone...
  6. Event 64 Error Message about expired thumbprint certificate

in Windows 10 Support
    Event 64 Error Message about expired thumbprint certificate: I just started getting the message attached below: [img] I read the older threads, but things seem to have changed. The Microsoft site https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...ectedfrom=MSDN says it hasn't updated the directions & my console root doesn't have a "personal"...
  7. IE Security Certificate Warning

in Browsers and Email
    IE Security Certificate Warning: My wife and I belong to our local medical centre web site. In IE it keeps asking her not to open it due to having no security certificate. But when I look at it and open it in FF; not a problem. Is IE being overzealous My AVG Internet Security and MWB Premium do not...
  8. CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment Warning Event ID 64

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment Warning Event ID 64: Hi, this is a new Warning in my laptop, never seen it before with previous versions of Windows 10. During the first 3 days after upgrading to Fall Creators Update, I didn't get any. But yesterday, for the first time, an CertificateServicesClient-AutoEnrollment Warning Event...
  9. Event Warning 64

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Warning 64: Have a certificate expired or soon to expire and it belongs to google portablewares; I can bring it up in the mmc but when I try to get new key it says enrollment error. Do I need this certificate or just ignore the warning. Is it possible that when it does actually expire...
  10. What is this Certificate Warning and How to Fix It?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is this Certificate Warning and How to Fix It?: I've started getting this Event 64 certificate warning: [img] I tracked down the thumbprint of the offending certificate which is this one: [img] Can someone please advise what this certificate relates to and what I should do to fix the issue since I've never seen...