Windows 10: Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager

Discus and support Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Sounds like we might all learn something from your further investigations. Do keep us posted, please. Best of luck in running this to ground. --Ed-- Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager

Sounds like we might all learn something from your further investigations. Do keep us posted, please. Best of luck in running this to ground.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
  2. nyan Win User

Greetings.

Updated to 1803 17134.1 without a problem but one error - Distributed COM event ID 10016.
    Experienced this event ID many times previously and have fixed by changing permissions in Registry but this one has no known CLSID/APPID.

"The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager
    and APPID
    Unavailable
    to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool."

Code: - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM [ Guid] {1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E} [ EventSourceName] DCOM - EventID 10016 [ Qualifiers] 0 Version 0 Level 2 Task 0 Opcode 0 Keywords 0x8080000000000000 - TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2018-05-01T13:13:11.470871100Z EventRecordID 1072 Correlation - Execution [ ProcessID] 512 [ ThreadID] 1876 Channel System Computer Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager :) - Security [ UserID] S-1-5-18 - EventData param1 application-specific param2 Local param3 Launch param4 Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager param5 Unavailable param6 NT AUTHORITY param7 SYSTEM param8 S-1-5-18 param9 LocalHost (Using LRPC) param10 Unavailable param11 Unavailable [/quote]
    I am guessing this is nothing serious but I just can not stand an error showing in Event Viewer.
    Your advises much appreciated.

*Smile

:)

3. LorenzoPompili Win User
    LorenzoPompili, Apr 30, 2018
  4. NilsRH Win User

NilsRH, Apr 30, 2018
  5. EdTittel Win User
    Search for the GUID in regedit.exe instead. You may learn something interesting. That's about all you have to go on, really.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 30, 2018
  6. EyeInTheSky Win User
    Yes, get rid of the error by going into the Event Viewer and clicking on the event then click on the details tab and then finally the (+) symbol next to System. The GUID will be revealed and just simply copy and paste it into the Registry Search function with the "Keys" checkbox ticked and delete the GUID wherever it appears in the Registry.

My GUID appeared in two locations in the registry and I deleted both without harm being done to Start Up and booting procedures.

Make sure you have a backup of the Registry first, that you get through the Command Prompt in the Recovery environment just in case anything should go wrong.

EyeInTheSky, Apr 30, 2018
  7. nyan Win User
    Thank you for your suggestions EdTittel and EyeInTheSky, and also Brink for the code box stuff.

Since then I disabled the log so to ignore it for now.
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WMI\Autologger\EventLog-System\{1b562e86-b7aa-4131-badc-b6f3a001407e} changed the Enabled value data to 0.

I still don't know what it is so I'll continue looking for explanation and solution.

Regards,

*Smile

nyan, May 1, 2018
Thema:

1. Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager - Similar Threads - Event 10016 DistributedCOM

2. Event 10016, DistributedCOM

in Windows 10 Support
    Event 10016, DistributedCOM: I have NO idea where to put this, and I figure there have to be a TON of topics, but nothing gets found when I look for Event 10016, so like the OTHER umpteen people getting this, I'd like to get rid of it. I found a huge number of discussions elsewhere, and at LEAST a dozen...
  3. Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM: Every time the PC starts I have the following error. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 25/05/2018 07:35:47 Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: Home-PC\User Computer: Home-PC Description: The...
  4. Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 10016, DistributedCOM Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager: Greetings. Updated to 1803 17134.1 without a problem but one error - Distributed COM event ID 10016. Experienced this event ID many times previously and have fixed by changing permissions in Registry but this one has no known CLSID/APPID. "The application-specific...
  5. Event 10016 - DistributedCOM event resloution. Help?

in Windows 10 Support
    Event 10016 - DistributedCOM event resloution. Help?: Hello fellow forum users I am not sure where to begin but I'll start out by saying that I have been googling this one for a few days now. Followed the guides I've found and have not had success fixing this event. Problem: Windows 10's event viewer is littered with the...
  6. Event 10016, DistributedCOM

Event 10016, DistributedCOM: Since upgrading to Windows 10, my error log is flooded with this message. Over 520 incidents in the past week. The instructions provided for that error in Windows 8 do not work with 10, since it is impossible to grant full permission to the administrator account via RegEdit....
  7. Event ID 10016

Event ID 10016: Here is a previous thread about it: Windows 10 Event ID 10010 and 10016 Errors With DistributedCOM - Windows 10 Forums I did run Regedit (as an admin) and did go to that entry in HKEY and did try to change permissions, but I get access denied. What to do now? 100s...
  8. DistributedCom 10016 permissions event error

DistributedCom 10016 permissions event error: This is a repeating error since the 1709 update. I edited and applied the permission change according to description posted in one of these subforums. That solved that particular application CLSID and APPID Another with a slightly different ID number appeared the next...
  9. Windows 10 Event ID 10010 and 10016 Errors With DistributedCOM

Windows 10 Event ID 10010 and 10016 Errors With DistributedCOM: I am having a number of events that seem to be located repeatedly with the source: DistributedCOM Event ID: 10010 and Event ID: 10016 also getting repeatedly Service Control Manager Event ID: 7031 Those are the Errors I have gotten about 900 times since...
  10. Event id 10016

in Windows 10 Support
    Event id 10016: I, like many other Win10 users, am getting a lot of DCOM Eventid 10016 events logged. I've seen a number of explanations (which I haven't understood) and several solutions. However, I have not seen a clear description of what requests are failing and what the result of the...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager

2. clsidwindows.securitycenter.wscbrokermanager

3. the application-specific permission settings do not grant local launch permission for the com server application with clsidwindows.securitycenter.wscdataprotection and appid

4. Windows10 Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager APPID,
  5. www.windowsphoneinfo.com,
  6. Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager 10016,
  7. event id 10016,
  8. Windows 10 error Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager local launch DCOM,
  9. windows.security center.wsc broker manager,
  10. errot 10016 Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager,
  11. wscbrokermanager in component service,
  12. COM com CLSID Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager shutdown windows 10,
  13. CLSID Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager,
  14. COM- . CLSID: Windows.SecurityCenter.WscBrokerManager,
  15. windows 10 event id 10016 windows.security.center.wscbrokermanager