Windows 10: Event ID 1074: The process Explorer.EXE has initiated the shutdown...

Discus and support Event ID 1074: The process Explorer.EXE has initiated the shutdown... in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Anybody out there can tell me what this is supposed to mean ? Noticed that after Windows is fully running, the monitor switches off and after a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by tfwul, Nov 11, 2015.

1. tfwul Win User

Event ID 1074: The process Explorer.EXE has initiated the shutdown...

Anybody out there can tell me what this is supposed to mean ?

Noticed that after Windows is fully running, the monitor switches off and after a few seconds on again.

Below entry is about 25 minutes after booting the pc and Windows running idle.

=
    Logged: 12-11-2015 13:00:30
    The process Explorer.EXE has initiated the shutdown of computer DESKTOP-ZZZZZZZ on behalf of user DESKTOP-ZZZZZZZ\username for the following reason: Other (Planned)
    Reason Code: 0x80000000
    Shut-down Type: shutdown
    Source: User32
    Event ID: 1074
    Level: Information

followed by 4 entries
    Logged: 12-11-2015 13:00:31
    The Sync Host_Session2 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.
    Source: Service Control Manager
    Event ID: 7031
    Level: Error

==

Thanks
    =

:)

tfwul, Nov 11, 2015

2. App with no name preventing shutdown.

I've been researching the problem using the "Event Viewer" and found in my case the first time the bad event #1073 occurred was after KB4041994 & KB4048951 updated my Win 10 System. I haven't researched these KBs since it's late. A good shutdown event ID
    is #1074. Searching these Event IDs in the Event log will show all occurrences of both which with scrolling from the last good #1074 shutdown will lead one to the updates before the start of #1073s. I plan to follow up on the KBs tomorrow. Maybe Microsoft
    could look at these KBs.

I'm using a Lenovo Yoga2 Pro.

d-o-l-p-h-i-n, Nov 11, 2015
  3. SujataMoktan, Nov 11, 2015
Thema:

Event ID 1074: The process Explorer.EXE has initiated the shutdown...

1. Event ID 1074: The process Explorer.EXE has initiated the shutdown... - Similar Threads - Event 1074 process

2. Windows Randomly Shutdown with event id 1074 and Reason 0x8050013 Security issue Unplanned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Randomly Shutdown with event id 1074 and Reason 0x8050013 Security issue Unplanned: Good dayI have googled this two event and reason code's and can't find anything. With both tied together.The notebook just shuts down. In the System Event log is say that winit.exe and then the domain controllers ip address initiated the power off of the computer a notebook...
  3. Windows Randomly Shutdown with event id 1074 and Reason 0x8050013 Security issue Unplanned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Randomly Shutdown with event id 1074 and Reason 0x8050013 Security issue Unplanned: Good dayI have googled this two event and reason code's and can't find anything. With both tied together.The notebook just shuts down. In the System Event log is say that winit.exe and then the domain controllers ip address initiated the power off of the computer a notebook...
  4. EVENT 1074

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    EVENT 1074: HI..I am facing an issue like this not regularly once in a week my pc showing like this.The process C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exeDINESH has initiated the restart of computerDINESH on behalf of user DINESH\Administrator for the following reason :Otherunplanned Reason...
  5. Disabling Event ID 1074 to show up at event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disabling Event ID 1074 to show up at event viewer: Hello Guys, Good day, I have been working on something like disabling the 1074. I have already disabled it in the Group policy and even in the registries but the event still shows up in the event viewer. Although the pop up questionnaire is gone. How do I disable the event...
  6. the kernel power has initiated a shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    the kernel power has initiated a shutdown: Hi, I have been getting this report from the Event Viewer the last couple of mornings when the computer should have been in sleep mode. Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 9/30/2018 12:26:23 AM Event ID: 109 Task Category: (103) Level: Information...
  7. Unexpected Shutdown Event ID 109

in Windows 10 Support
    Unexpected Shutdown Event ID 109: Several times over the last few weeks, I noticed that my computer (Dell Optiplex 9020) had rebooted while left on overnight. Then today, without warning, the light blue (not BSOD) WIn 10 Restarting screen appeared while I was doing something noninvasive, like checking email....
  8. Slow shutdown with event id errors

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow shutdown with event id errors: Windows 10 64 bit, latest version, is working fine on my Toshiba i7 laptop with 8 Gb ram. But I have problems with shutdowns when I click on restart. It seems to take far too long to shutdown. I am not sure how to find out why but when checking out the event viewer, I found...
  9. Event ID 10005 for tiledatamodelsvc at shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 10005 for tiledatamodelsvc at shutdown: For the past few days I've been getting Event ID 10005 multiple times whenever I shut down my computer. Everything still runs just fine and this error seems superficial, but I would prefer to keep my event log clean as possible. DCOM got error "1115" attempting to start...
  10. Event ID 7000 and 7038 on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 7000 and 7038 on Shutdown: Got these on my shutdown last night, I don't think I have got them before. What are they exactly? The NgcCtnrSvc service was unable to log on as NT AUTHORITY\LocalService with the currently configured password due to the following error: The security account manager (SAM)...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. explorer.exe has initiated the restart

2. event id 1074 explorer.exe

3. explorer exe has initiated a shutdown

4. The process Explorer.EXE has initiated the restart of computer,
  5. The process C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE has initiated the power off windows 10,
  6. initsys.exe has initiated,
  7. The process Explorer.EXE has initiated the shutdown of computer USIDCVSQL0202 on behalf of use,
  8. user32 1074 explorer exe,
  9. explorer.exe has initiated restart of the system,
  10. Event ID: 1074,
  11. event 1074 explorer.exe shutdown type: restart,
  12. kernel power event id 109 task category 103,
  13. explorer.exe is initiated by which process,
  14. The process explorer.exe has initiated the restart of computer during Office 2016 installation,
  15. the process c:\windows\explorer.exe has initiated the power off the computer behalf of user in windows 2016