Windows 10: Event ID 19 WHEA-Logger - Hardware Error - BSOD - Meltdown Spectre

Discus and support Event ID 19 WHEA-Logger - Hardware Error - BSOD - Meltdown Spectre in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dell Precision T1700 Workstations. 10 of them. Thousands of Event ID 19 - WHEA-Logger - A corrected hardware error has occurred. Random blue screens.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Intrepid1, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Intrepid1 Win User

Event ID 19 WHEA-Logger - Hardware Error - BSOD - Meltdown Spectre

Dell Precision T1700 Workstations. 10 of them. Thousands of Event ID 19 - WHEA-Logger - A corrected hardware error has occurred. Random blue screens. They all have the new Dell Bios with the Meltdown and Spectre Mitigations microcode AND the Microsoft Mitigation Patches.

Cause: Microsoft Meltdown and Spectre Mitigations

Here is the Workaround -
    First make a Windows System Restore Point.
    How to create a Windows Restore Point

Run this script (as administrator) to disable the Meltdown and Spectre Mitigations by Microsoft - reboot required. Save as a .bat file:
    https://www.manageengine.com/products/desktop-central/script-templates/others/disable-mitigations-for-meltdown-spectre.html

Example of a batch file - DisableMitigation.bat

reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverride /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f
    reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management" /v FeatureSettingsOverrideMask /t REG_DWORD /d 3 /f

First Determinate if you are at risk if you disable the mitigations. Opinion: The risk is very low for the vast majority of users.
    https://www.networkworld.com/article...h-the-fud.html

Also determine if you only need to disable only one of the two mitigations:
    https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPa...0s/m-p/3938695

0 = Both CVE-2017-5715 and CVE-2017-5754 enabled (WHEA Errors)
    1 = CVE-2017-5754 Enabled Only (No WHEA Errors)
    2 = CVE-2017-5715 Enabled Only (WHEA Errors)
    3 = Both Disabled (No WHEA Errors)

Note: I have not yet tested downgrading the bios and leaving the Microsoft mitigation enabled.

To Turn it Back On, see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...tive-execution

Also Read Carefully: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...virus-software

-----------------------
    Intel says new firmware patches trigger reboots in Haswell and Broadwell systems:
    https://www.computerworld.com/articl...l-systems.html

Issue: Thousands of Event ID 19 - random blue screens.
    Event ID 19 WHEA-Logger
    A corrected hardware error has occurred.
    Reported by component: Processor Core
    Error Source: Corrected Machine Check
    Error Type: Internal parity error
    Processor APIC ID: 0

:)

Intrepid1, Jan 20, 2018
  2. MARC-NY Win User

Slow and unresponsive windows 10 after Creators Fall Update

This is unrelated to the issue in this thread. The issue in this thread started a long time ago, before Spectre/Meltdown.

Note: If you are interested the different
    issue with the Spectre/Meltdown Microsoft patch see here for issue and workaround:

Event ID 19 WHEA-Logger - Hardware Error - BSOD - Meltdown Spectre - Windows 10 Forums

MARC-NY, Jan 20, 2018
  3. Nico_XYZ Win User
    DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR - CPU WATCHDOG TIMEOUT

Also find some strange events occuring multiple times per hour called WHEA-Logger event id 19 (mostly) and id 47 (fewer). Every 2 or 3mins, there is 2 to 5 events popping.

From what i've search and found they are related to CPU & memory and are "hardware error". Could they be linked to DRIVER_IRQL BSOD ?

I've update the bios of my motherboard (Z170 Pro Gaming) but this hasn't corrected none of the problem (BSDO or WHEA-Logger), even if asus reported "stability improvements" in all the BIOS upgrade they released, at least 5 or 6 in one month !

Nico_XYZ, Jan 20, 2018
  4. Intrepid1 Win User

Intrepid1, Jan 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Event ID 19 WHEA-Logger - Hardware Error - BSOD - Meltdown Spectre - Similar Threads - Event WHEA Logger

2. WHEA Logger Event id 19

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA Logger Event id 19: I haveGPU: Radeon RX 6600CPU: Ryzen 5 5600MB: Msi b550 gaming gen 3RAM: 2x8gb 3200mhand im getting this error from 5-8 times a secondA corrected hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Unknown Error SourceError Type: Bus/Interconnect...
  3. WHEA Logger Event id 19

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA Logger Event id 19: I haveGPU: Radeon RX 6600CPU: Ryzen 5 5600MB: Msi b550 gaming gen 3RAM: 2x8gb 3200mhand im getting this error from 5-8 times a secondA corrected hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Unknown Error SourceError Type: Bus/Interconnect...
  4. WHEA Logger Event id 19

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. WHEA-Logger Event ID 1 Fatal Hardware Error

WHEA-Logger Event ID 1 Fatal Hardware Error: Hi, I want to know which hardware that cause the problem from this error. My PC keeps hanging from time to time and I need to manually turn it off for me to be able to use it again. This is the link for my Event Viewer :...
  6. Event 19 Whea-Logger Event viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event 19 Whea-Logger Event viewer: In event viewer i'm having this issue. This error started to happen in december, several times a day. Should I be worry about? Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Corrected Machine CheckError Type: Internal parity errorProcessor APIC ID: X (0-6) what do you...
  7. WHEA Logger Event ID 19

WHEA Logger Event ID 19: I have got a brand new build and have been getting this event id pop up every now and then I'm not sure if it's something to worry about as it isn't under critical or error in event viewer it only comes up as a warning. A corrected hardware error has occurred. Reported by...
  8. WHEA-Logger, Event 19: A corrected hardware error has occurred.

WHEA-Logger, Event 19: A corrected hardware error has occurred.: Just yesterday my computer completely shut down due to a bluescreen with the error code being: 0x00000124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I looked at other posts suggesting to update drivers and I did, but it didn't resolve the problem. I checked for faulty drivers and memory...
  9. WHEA logger event id 19

WHEA logger event id 19: https://imgur.com/a/A73SX0W Never had this before.The only thing I can think of is the updates from yesterday.Had like 3 different updates and 1 of them was cumulative.(cpu is a 9900k not oc'd) When the error happend I personally noticed nothing tbh and there's seems to be...
  10. Whea-logger event 19

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Whea-logger event 19: I am getting these warnings in the event viewer for about 1 day started at 3:00 at night, now seems that these errors have stopped when I updated Windows 10 to newest version 16299.214. Look at the photo, apcid,errortype [img] Why I am get those warnings in 21...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whhea logger error