Windows 10: Event ID 2 (session Microsoft.Windows.Remediation not started)

Discus and support Event ID 2 (session Microsoft.Windows.Remediation not started) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi! Since the last update-round of Windows 10 (v1703) with every boot I see a kernel-EventTracing 2 error in the logs, regarding session... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Win10usr, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Win10usr Win User

Event ID 2 (session Microsoft.Windows.Remediation not started)

Hi!

Since the last update-round of Windows 10 (v1703) with every boot I see a kernel-EventTracing 2 error in the logs, regarding session Microsoft.Windows.Remediation) *Sad. No green idea what it means, somehow it seems to be related to the Spectre/Meltdown 'patch'. Anyone else seeing this one too? And by accident any idea what it means?

Event ID 2 (session Microsoft.Windows.Remediation not started) [​IMG]

Best regards,

Ron.

:)

Win10usr, Jan 15, 2018
  2. Jason.98 Win User

Kernel Security Check Failure BSOD

After watching countdown on Facebook, I suddenly ran across this:

Event ID 2 (session Microsoft.Windows.Remediation not started) [​IMG]

Error code in Event viewer:

Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing

Date: 1/1/2018 12:08:48 AM

Event ID: 2

Task Category: Session

Level: Error

Keywords: Session

User: SYSTEM

Computer: DESKTOP-AL7LENK

Description:

Session "Microsoft.Windows.Remediation" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing" Guid="{B675EC37-BDB6-4648-BC92-F3FDC74D3CA2}" />

<EventID>2</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>2</Task>

<Opcode>12</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000010</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-12-31T16:08:48.290489000Z" />

<EventRecordID>172</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="3924" ThreadID="3908" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-AL7LENK</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data Name="SessionName">Microsoft.Windows.Remediation</Data>

<Data Name="FileName">

</Data>

<Data Name="ErrorCode">3221225525</Data>

<Data Name="LoggingMode">268460034</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Any ways to solve this as all my Windows updates are up to date and drivers updated using Driver booster 5. Running bluestacks 3 when this BSOD comes in.

Jason.98, Jan 15, 2018
  3. Event ID 2 Kernel-EventTracing - Session "" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000011

We do need the actual log files (called a DMP files) as they contain the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

Please follow our instructions for finding and uploading the files we need to help you fix your computer. They can be found here
    If you have any questions about the procedure please ask

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Jan 15, 2018
  4. rboris Win User

yup. same error. same timing after the update. stumped.

rboris, Jan 15, 2018
  5. Win10usr Win User
    Guess it's something more common then. I also saw a series of event id 7023 errors after getting a mysterious undocumented update on several systems this week. I fear we will be on a turbulent ride the coming weeks and months when Microsoft tries to patch Spectre and Meldown. :-(((

Win10usr, Jan 16, 2018
  6. Win10usr Win User
    Win10usr, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Event ID 2 (session Microsoft.Windows.Remediation not started) - Similar Threads - Event session Microsoft

2. Active ID Sessions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active ID Sessions: Hi everyone, I got a question and I'm really confused about it. Why does my main user account got more than one active ID session, it only do increases once I turn off and on my pc and when I restart it, it goes back to 1 active session ID...
  3. WHEA Logger - Event ID 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHEA Logger - Event ID 2: I am getting over 15,000 warning events notifying me of WHEA Logger - Event ID 2.The process ID points to a svchost and DPS service particularly as the issue.I restarted the DPS service which confirmed it is this service which is causing the errors to appear.The message is "A...
  4. WHEA Logger - Event ID 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WHEA Logger - Event ID 2: I am getting over 15,000 warning events notifying me of WHEA Logger - Event ID 2.The process ID points to a svchost and DPS service particularly as the issue.I restarted the DPS service which confirmed it is this service which is causing the errors to appear.The message is "A...
  5. Session "PerfDiag Logger" failed to start error: 0xC0000035 Event ID 2

in Windows 10 Support
    Session "PerfDiag Logger" failed to start error: 0xC0000035 Event ID 2: [img] I started getting this error message Session "PerfDiag Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035 Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing ID 2 <Data Name="ErrorCode">3221225525</Data> <Data Name="LoggingMode">8388736</Data> I first noticed this in...
  6. Event ID 2: Kernel event tracing

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 2: Kernel event tracing: Umm, today I've been solving all kinds of event errors but this one remained unsolved mostly because I can't find any info about it. It shows in event viewer log on every boot / win restart. I don't know what it is and how does it affects me. I would be grateful if someone...
  7. Event ID 3 WiFi Session Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event ID 3 WiFi Session Error: My problem is I get the above error and I don't even have Wi-Fi on this desktop. I also have WLAN disabled in Services an anything else that is wireless related. That error will come accompanied by a LwtNetLog ID Error 3 also...they seem to be related. What could cause...
  8. Event ID 2

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 2: So I have noticed I have been getting this sometime after Fall Creators Update. Kernal Event Tracing Session "" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022 Anybody know what this is? 96363
  9. Event ID 1 warning & Event ID 2 error

Event ID 1 warning & Event ID 2 error: Hello, After Fall Creators update I'm seeing 1 error and 1 warning in the Event Viewer which I'm not able to resolve. Event ID 1 The backing-file for the real-time session "DefenderApiLogger" has reached its maximum size. As a result, new events will not be logged to...
  10. Event ID 3 - Session "ReadyBoot" stopped - error: 3221225864

Event ID 3 - Session "ReadyBoot" stopped - error: 3221225864: Does someone has any idea what this error means and above all ... how to avoid this? Thanks = Type : Error Date : 25-08-2015 Time : 10:42:14 Event : 3 Source :Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Description: Session "ReadyBoot" stopped due to the following error:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Session Microsoft.Windows.Remediation failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

2. Session PerfDiag Logger failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035

3. microsoft.windows.remediation failed to start

4. microsoft.windows.remediation 0xc0000035,
  5. Session Microsoft.Windows.Remediation failed to start,
  6. microsoft.windows.remediation failed to start with the following error: 0xc0000035,
  7. microsoft windows remediation failed to start,
  8. win 10 Session PerfDiag Logger failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035,
  9. perfdiag logger failed to start with the following error: 0xc0000035,
  10. session circular kernel context logger failed to start with the following error: 0xc0000035,
  11. event id 2 kernel event tracing perfdiag loader windows 10,
  12. perfdiag logger 0xc0000035,
  13. microsoft.windows.remediation,
  14. event id 2,
  15. microsoft windows remediation error 0xc0000035