Windows 10: event id 42--sleep randomly

Discus and support event id 42--sleep randomly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I do have that problem of event id 42 my pc turns to sleep randomly 112291 Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by aziz, Jun 15, 2018.

1. aziz Win User

event id 42--sleep randomly

Hello
    I do have that problem of event id 42 my pc turns to sleep randomly

:)

2. Windows 7 Randomly Sleeps, Reason: Button or Lid

This happens completely randomly a few times a day while in the middle of typing. Any thoughts?

Thanks

sushant1727, Jun 15, 2018
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Jun 15, 2018
  4. event id 42--sleep randomly

Windows 10 machine will not sleep automatically

View Event ID 1 and 42 for Wake and Sleep
    "They are Event 1 and Event 42 (wake and sleep, respectively).
    Open the Event Viewer and expand "Windows Logs" then click on the 'System' event log.
    Right-click, and then choose "Filter Current Log".
    Input the event id 1 and 42 number into input box above the "Task category" input box.
    In the "Event sources" window, click the drop-down and put a check-mark beside "Power-Troubleshooter" and "Kernel-Power" and then click "OK.
    You will see listing of wake & sleep events and look at the the "General" tab at the very bottom for each Event ID 1 for wake events the wake source will be shown it will be display at the "Wake Source: " entry.

*Arrow See Wake Source in Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

FreeBooter, Jun 15, 2018
  5. mark evans New Member
    Hello
    This was happening to me on my New Asus every time I started to type.
    I turned the Power settings to Never sleep on Power button or when lid closes. As I was typing, the screen turned off instead of going to sleep. I moved my hand and the screen came back on. It did this a few times.
    I realised that the Lid sensor is operated by a Magnet. I wear a smart watch that has a magnetic strap. Remove the strap and its fine.
    I don't know if this helps anyone at all but its made me happy.

mark evans, Jun 18, 2018
Thema:

event id 42--sleep randomly

1. event id 42--sleep randomly - Similar Threads - event sleep randomly

2. Random of Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random of Event ID 41: Hi All, I'm running this Random Restart issue on my VM. Hopefully someone able to help to find the root cause.Here the MEMORY.DMP file for your references; https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pAxQnMl51AhQqSqbT0BPermkCGNosqtM?usp=sharing...
  3. Random of Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random of Event ID 41: Hi All, I'm running this Random Restart issue on my VM. Hopefully someone able to help to find the root cause.Here the MEMORY.DMP file for your references; https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1pAxQnMl51AhQqSqbT0BPermkCGNosqtM?usp=sharing...
  4. Daily crush with event ID 42 and 124, related to Hypervisor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily crush with event ID 42 and 124, related to Hypervisor: In recent days, my desktop crush daily. I noticed it crush when I am using Matlab. But I am pretty sure that it is not caused by stressing the desktop when running codes in Matlab. It sometimes crushes when I am reading the codes without running any codes. Here are the event...
  5. Daily crush with event ID 42 and 124, related to Hypervisor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Daily crush with event ID 42 and 124, related to Hypervisor: In recent days, my desktop crush daily. I noticed it crush when I am using Matlab. But I am pretty sure that it is not caused by stressing the desktop when running codes in Matlab. It sometimes crushes when I am reading the codes without running any codes. Here are the event...
  6. Daily crush with event ID 42 and 124, related to Hypervisor

7. Random BSOD, Event ID 1101

Random BSOD, Event ID 1101: Hi.For the past couple of years ive been getting random BSOD's.Ive had the pc for 7 years so im not surprised i get some issues."The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80564c8f772, 0xffffe58263ceced0,...
  8. Random BSOD, Event ID 1101

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD, Event ID 1101: Hi.For the past couple of years ive been getting random BSOD's.Ive had the pc for 7 years so im not surprised i get some issues."The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000003b 0x00000000c0000005, 0xfffff80564c8f772, 0xffffe58263ceced0,...
  9. Event ID 42

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 42: I have a Dell 6540 laptop that keeps going into Sleep mode, even though it is set in the Power Settings to never go to sleep. Event Viewer is showing ID 42, reason battery. I have tried replacing the fan, the battery, and even the charger. None of the above have made a...
  10. My computer keeps sleeping. Event ID 42 & Event ID 187 are involved. Hard drive activity...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My computer keeps sleeping. Event ID 42 & Event ID 187 are involved. Hard drive activity...: My ASUS laptop keeps going to sleep whenever it is doing any heavy hard drive activity. If I bring up my photos, or if I download a lot of files all at once, or my cloud storage is transferring lots of files it will go to sleep every 2 minutes. The details from the system...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event id 42

2. event id 42 kernel-power

3. evetn id42

4. windows event logs Event ID 42 - The system is entering sleep,
  5. kernel ID 42 randomly sleep mode windows 7,
  6. entering sleep event 42