Windows 10: Event ID 5 Kernel-General error in Event Viewer

Discus and support Event ID 5 Kernel-General error in Event Viewer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Welcome, I have a problem. Every day I have this error in event viewer, system log: {Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Coroner, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Coroner Win User

Event ID 5 Kernel-General error in Event Viewer

Welcome,
    I have a problem. Every day I have this error in event viewer, system log:
    {Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file):\??\C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\S-1-5-21-4089430802-3287748835-2730757419-1001-0-ntuser.dat was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost.
    This error repeats every day at about 3:00AM.
    Maybe someone could help me? Thanks in advance.

:)

Coroner, Oct 9, 2015

2. System keeps waking up at 4 AM, /waketimers gives no reason, /lastwake gives no source, /devicequery wake_armed is normal

Dear Rob, could you help me out some more?

So yeah it first appeared as if the "S4 Doze to Hibernate" was the problem, but now I can't find any Events in Event Viewer under the "Power Troubleshooter" filter. My PC is sadly still waking in the middle of the
    night according to Event Viewer. So I checked on the unfiltered events, since there weren't all too many.

I will here post the events of the last couple of days.

The night of 27/01 to 28/01:

23:46:22 Kernel-Power, Event ID 42, Task Category (64)

The system is entering sleep.

Sleep Reason: Application API

23:46:24 Kernel-General, Event ID 1, Task Category (5)

The system time has changed to ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎27T22:46:23.500000000Z from ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎27T22:46:24.588968300Z.

Change Reason: System time synchronized with the hardware clock.

23:46:25 Kernel-Power, Event ID 107, Task Category (107)

The system has resumed from sleep.

05:03:33 Kernel-General, Event ID 1, Task Category (5)

The system time has changed to ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎28T04:03:33.500000000Z from ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎27T22:46:25.488429400Z.

05:03:33 Kernel-Power, Event ID 131, Task Category (33)

Firmware S3 times. ResumeCount: 2, FullResume: 286, AverageResume: 286

The night of 28/01 to 29/01:

22:46:11 Kernel-Power, Event ID 42, Task Category (64)
    The system is entering sleep.

Sleep Reason: Application API

22:46:17 Kernel-Power, Event ID 107, Task Category (107)

The system has resumed from sleep.

04:41:07 Kernel-General, Event ID 1, Task Category (5)

The system time has changed to ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎29T03:41:07.500000000Z from ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎28T21:46:17.325179800Z.

Kernel-Power, Event ID 131, Task Category (33)

Firmware S3 times. ResumeCount: 4, FullResume: 285, AverageResume: 286

My notes:

Note that my PC resumes from sleep after like 3-6 seconds.

Note that the FullResume (count??) has gone down by one...

There is some other events after this in the Event Viewer in the middle of the night, but I think they are not relevant, I could post them and will on request, but I think they're irrelevant to the problem itself and will only complicate the problem. (They
    are some BTHUSB events, DNS Client Events and Kernel General Event ID 16)

Xavier de Bondt, Oct 9, 2015
  3. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDELED Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 14291.rs1

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

The error UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap. This trap could be a bound trap (a trap the kernel is not permitted to catch) or a double fault (a fault that occurred while processing
    an earlier fault, which always results in a system failure).

To know the exact cause of the BSOD, I suggest that you provide us complete event viewer logs the Dump

files that were produced when the error occurred, or the Event ID from your Event Viewer which was recorded during the time of the crash.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we are here to assist you.

Akheel Ahmed, Oct 9, 2015
  4. Event ID 5 Kernel-General error in Event Viewer

Hi:

Just curious:
    • Are you running MBAM Premium (paid version), or Free?
    • If it's Premium, what time does your scheduled daily Threat scan run? (Assuming you are running a daily Threat scan, which is the default scan schedule.) (Dashboard > Settings > Automated Scheduling > Threat Scan > Edit)

Thanks,

MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 9, 2015
  5. Coroner Win User
    1. Yes it's Premium version.
    2. Daily scan is scheduled to run at 3:AM.

Coroner, Oct 9, 2015
  6. That's what I suspected.

Next questions:
    • Do the time stamps on the Windows Error log correspond to the MBAM Scan times?
    • Did you temporarily uninstall MBAM before upgrading to Win10, or did you leave MBAM installed during the Win10 upgrade?
    • When you open Dashboard > History > Application logs, are your scheduled ~3 AM Threat scans running (you can double-click on one to view it to see if it's a "complete" scan log")?

Thanks,

MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 9, 2015
  7. Coroner Win User
    1. Time stamps corresponding to the MBAM scan times.
    2. I didn't uninstall MBAM before upgrade.
    3. I can see complete scan logs in history with no threats detected.

Coroner, Oct 9, 2015
  8. Event ID 5 Kernel-General error in Event Viewer

Thanks.

That's also what I suspected.

OK, I don't (yet) run Win10, and I don't have a test box or VM.
    So I don't know if what you're seeing is "normal" or not (as you know, the Windows Event logs can make one crazy with 1000000s of unimportant "errors" and entries).

I do know this:
    • We aren't seeing similar reports at the MBAM forum (but few basic home users would probably look for errors, if they think the program is working properly and it doesn't mean that what you report is not real).
    • It is "best practice" and was recommended even by M$ to temporarily uninstall one's security programs prior to an on-top Win10 upgrade. Something may have "broken" in MBAM during the on-top OS upgrade.

So, I have 2 suggestions for how to proceed:

• Option 1: Perform a proper "clean reinstall" of MBAM following this tutorial carefully, and being sure to reboot both after running the removal tool and again after the reinstall: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x
      • NOTE: You need to have your Premium ID/Key available before you start, but the entire process will only take about 5-10 minutes, or less.
      • You could then monitor the situation for a few days to see if this resolves the error.
    • Option 2: Head over to the MBAM forum and start a new post there, where we can collect some basic diagnostic logs for the QA team.
      • I would suggest doing this BEFORE attempting the clean reinstall, so that we can capture whatever is happening with the *current* installation.
      • You could then attempt the clean reinstall after that.

It's up to you.
    If the program seems to be working OK, the error might be unimportant.
    But it's hard to say without a bit more data.

Thanks,

MM (@daledoc1 at MBAM forum)

MoxieMomma, Oct 9, 2015
  9. Coroner Win User
    OK, thanks for tips. I'll try option 2 first.

Many thanks,

Coroner, Oct 9, 2015
  10. Great.*Smile

I'll see you over there.*Wink

Thanks,

MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Event ID 5 Kernel-General error in Event Viewer

1. Event ID 5 Kernel-General error in Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Event Kernel General

2. Related to Event Viewer activities like EVENT ID 16, KERNEL GENERAL; and with a lots of...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Related to Event Viewer activities like EVENT ID 16, KERNEL GENERAL; and with a lots of...: So, my PC was in sleep mode with 55 percent battery. I resumed the Pc from sleep after some time and i noticed that the PC battery was drained to 5 percent. I thought there must be some problem, i checked event viewer and noticed some processing going on in my pc when it was...
  3. Related to Event Viewer activities like EVENT ID 16, KERNEL GENERAL; and with a lots of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Related to Event Viewer activities like EVENT ID 16, KERNEL GENERAL; and with a lots of...: So, my PC was in sleep mode with 55 percent battery. I resumed the Pc from sleep after some time and i noticed that the PC battery was drained to 5 percent. I thought there must be some problem, i checked event viewer and noticed some processing going on in my pc when it was...
  4. Kernel-General Event ID 12 Triggers Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-General Event ID 12 Triggers Event ID 41: Where do I start, I have been having problems with my laptop randomly restarting for a couple of months now. I have done everything imaginable to try to fix this even going as far as to do a clean reinstall of Windows 11. I seriously doubt this is a hardware issue considering...
  5. Kernel-General Event ID 12 Triggers Event ID 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernel-General Event ID 12 Triggers Event ID 41: Where do I start, I have been having problems with my laptop randomly restarting for a couple of months now. I have done everything imaginable to try to fix this even going as far as to do a clean reinstall of Windows 11. I seriously doubt this is a hardware issue considering...
  6. "Kernel Power Event ID 41 63" reported into the Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Kernel Power Event ID 41 63" reported into the Event Viewer: Hi, for few weeks now I have a problem with my PC restarting without any warningm there is no BSOD, just instant restarts. It happens in video games, but there is no scheme to that, sometimes PC restarts after few minutes, sometimes it doesn't after hours of work. My PC was...
  7. Event viewer - Event id 4688

in Windows 10 Customization
    Event viewer - Event id 4688: I tried to create a custom view, with àwindows as the event log, and 4688 as the event ID. I had no other changed settings, and I expected this to give me a stream of events showing whenever I opened an application. Instead I only got events related to Microsoft processes....
  8. Event Viewer Error -TPM -Event ID 15

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer Error -TPM -Event ID 15: So this error continuously pop up in my event viewer. Description - General - The device driver for the Trusted Platform Module TPM encountered a non-recoverable error in the TPM hardware, which prevents TPM services such as data encryption from being used. For further...
  9. Event ID 2004 Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event ID 2004 Event Viewer: After updating Windows and reinstalling my system a few months ago I've ran into an issue with my game crashing, after extensive searching my results were finding the location access errors 2004 & 1023 with sysmain.dll being unable to load from my Event viewer log, however...
  10. Errors in Event Viewer: EapHost, Event ID 2002

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Errors in Event Viewer: EapHost, Event ID 2002: My computer seemed to be running more slowly after the Creators update, so I went into the error viewer and found a ton of errors with the source EapHost, Event ID 2002. From Googling around, I found that this error can be caused by leftover keys from Cisco software, so I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is karnel general in sourse event viewer

2. kernel-general event 1 task 5

3. get-eventlog Kernel-General

4. why kernel general is showing as source in event viewer,
  5. event id 16 kernel general,
  6. Firmware S3 times. ResumeCount: 2 FullResume: 1992 AverageResume: 2010,
  7. kernel-general ID=5 966319,
  8. kernel event viewer,
  9. kernel general kernel power kernel processor,
  10. event id 5 kernel-general,
  11. event 5 Kernel-General,