Windows 10: Event ID 508 and 510

Discus and support Event ID 508 and 510 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I get error lilke this, first thing I would lilke to say is that it is almost certainly NOT a hardware problem, when I google these errors, like mine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vram, Feb 7, 2017.

1. esbo Win User

Event ID 508 and 510

I get error lilke this, first thing I would lilke to say is that it is almost certainly NOT a hardware problem, when I google these errors, like mine they reference file C:\Users\XXXXXXX\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\remotemetastore\v1\edb.log

The idea an error on one specific file, one different machine is down to hardward is insane, why that file not the billions of other files on the machine????

And of couse all the "help" advises running check disk or similar hardware checks and of course they all come back fine ie no problem which of course is what you would expect.

Then of course you get the usual stock useless answers such as up date your drivers.

I suspect there errors are down to your drive being busy.

As to why I am not sure.

Anyhow nobody seems to report solving the problem the threads tend to just lead to nowhere.

I did use to get further errors ie event id 533 but I did something which seemed to get rid of it.
    Note the v1 bit ie slightly different location.

These files refered to are all hidden files, you can't see them even if you show hidden files, to see them you have to do a further step. You need to go into folder options and uncheck hide protected operating system files.

I can't remember exactly what I did but I think recreated some files or folder when I did that even 533 which used to follow 508 and 510 seemed to disappear. I did that because I followed solution elesewhere, can't remember where you might find it if you google it.

So all in all I don't know, one thing worth mentioning is this "remote" and the Sync bit, is this to do with synchronisng files over the network, ie I am thinking of onedrive, I did see a reference to onedrive inthe file refered to ie meta.edb.

Anyhow I just though I'd relate that as there seems to a lot of backing up the wrong three here perhaps.

This does not seem to be a real world problem for me ie I can boot most of the time but occasionally I do have a boot problem,
    I dunno if it is related to this though.

Anyhow it seem most ignore this problem.

2. esbo Win User

As an analogy lets say you had to queue up for half and hour to get into a car park, do you think you need to take your car in for a service, get a new car? New plugs? Wrong fuel?

No there was probably jsut a big queue for the car park.

So you take your car to the garage... "Ohh you need a new engine mate".

FFS!!

3. esbo Win User
    One thing worth looking into is sheduled tasks.

I note most of my errors occur 30 mins after boot, that is when a bit defender task is sheduled, unfortunetly a few occur about 25 mins after boot so they don't quite fit in with that idea.
    So a few ideas there.

Thema:

Event ID 508 and 510

1. Event ID 508 and 510 - Similar Threads - Event 508 510

2. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  3. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  4. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ESENT Event ID 508 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer

ESENT Event ID 508 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer: Hello, I am running Windows 10 on an AMD machine, and I noticed that my machine stalls every once in a while. When I check the vent viewer, these warnings appear: ESENT 508 taskhostw 3844,D,0 WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file...
  6. Windows 10 (64 bit) hangs during update with ESENT event id 508 and 510

Windows 10 (64 bit) hangs during update with ESENT event id 508 and 510: Hello, My windows 10 pc works fine normally. Today i started windows update and pc started lagging a lot, applications would resond after 30-40 seconds. Checked event viewer and found events 508 and 510. Cannot post event details as pc has sort of frozen and i am using...
  7. Windows 10 hangs during update with ESENT event id 508 and 510

Windows 10 hangs during update with ESENT event id 508 and 510: Hello, My windows 10 pc works fine normally. Today i started windows update and pc started lagging a lot, applications would resond after 30-40 seconds. Checked event viewer and found events 508 and 510. Cannot post event details as pc has sort of frozen and i am using...
  8. System Freezing - ESENT 533, 508, 510

in Windows 10 Support
    System Freezing - ESENT 533, 508, 510: Hi there, Last night the programmes on my PC all froze a couple of times. Each time it lasted for about 3 minutes, then they started working again. The first time it was when I was trying to open a web page. The second time it happened when I pressed the home button. When I...
  9. System Freezing - ESENT 533, 508, 510

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Freezing - ESENT 533, 508, 510: Last night the programmes on my PC all froze a couple of times. Each time it lasted for about 3 minutes, then they started working again. The first time it was when I was trying to open a web page. The second time it happened when I pressed the home button. When I...
  10. Occur several warning: ESENT origin; event id 508, 510, 533

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Occur several warning: ESENT origin; event id 508, 510, 533: Occur several warning: ESENT origin; event id 508, 510, 533 SettingSyncHost (3644) {8DD9444F-A80E-497B-8417-F165C45BF16F}: A write request in the file "C:\Users\Piero\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\SettingSync\remotemetastore\v1\meta.edb" all'offset...