Windows 10: Event ID 51 from all disk drives upon startup

Discus and support Event ID 51 from all disk drives upon startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has started happening yesterday. I've never had any similar issues in the past. Windows 10, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB and Hitachi HUA723020ALA641 2TB.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by trashbag, Feb 27, 2018.

1. trashbag Win User

Event ID 51 from all disk drives upon startup

This has started happening yesterday. I've never had any similar issues in the past. Windows 10, Samsung 850 EVO 500GB and Hitachi HUA723020ALA641 2TB.

I've been getting the following Event ID 51 warnings in the Event Viewer from both my SSD (Disk 0) and HDD (Disk 1) upon startup.

Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging operation.
    Description: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 during a paging operation.

sfc scannow, chkdsk and memory check have all come back clear with no issues. SMART results from both Speccy, CrystalDiskInfo and the Samsung Wizard have all been normal and green across the board.

According to Google this sometimes occurs when you have a backup drive connected via USB but I don't even have one connected at the moment.

I kinda doubt that the problem comes from the drives themselves since it would be a pretty huge coincidence for both drives to start having issues at the exact same time.

I haven't encountered any issues during actual usage. Everything loads from both disks just fine. The only problem occurs in the Event Viewer every time I boot up and it's still driving me nuts.

I've already tried:
    - Disabling prefetch/superfetch
    - Replacing the power cable from my PSU to both drives
    - Replacing the SATA cables from the drives to my motherboard
    - Updating drivers for both drives from the Device Manager; didn't get anything new
    - Updating BIOS

So how do I get rid of these events? Thanks in advance.

:)

trashbag, Feb 27, 2018

2. Event ID: 51 An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 during a paging operation in Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

This Error event indicates that an error was detected on a physical hard disk during a disk paging operation. This problem occurs if an I/O operation to a hard disk is unsuccessful. If an I/O operation to a hard disk is unsuccessful, the Windows operating
    system logs Event ID 51 in the System log.

I suggest you to refer the link below.

Information about Event ID 51

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/244780

Hope is this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 27, 2018
  3. nevadigit Win User
    Windows 10 performance Issues

Starting up windows is getting slower and slower every day. I have upgraded my Samsung laptop from windows 8 to windows 10 two months ago and it was working fine.

Problems started with blue screen errors and I upgraded all my device drivers including mouse and touchpad drivers. but looking upon Event Viewer found out Distributed
    DCOM and Service Control Manger errors and
    Windows diagnostic performance errors
    . I repaired and reinstalled windows 10
    with basic drivers and minimum apps, but the startup boot problems is still there,with infinite cursor loops , black screens and un responsive taskbar and very slow boot and shut down. Windows notifies Intel R Graphics driver 4000 being stopped after
    every startup and system hangs up.

After the reinstall of windows 10 I am getting the following errors repeatedly in event Viewer.

-Windows diagnostic performance

Event Id 100

-Service control Manager

Event Id 7011

Event Id 7031

Event Id 7043

Event Id 7024

Event Id 7023

Event Id 7022

-Distributed COM

Event Id 7023

Event Id 10010

What is causing all these problems? are Samsung drivers not compatible with Windows 10? I would very much appreciate any technical help.

nevadigit, Feb 27, 2018
  4. rezpower Win User

This is very strange! exact same thing happened with my computer starting from last night.
    I get Event 51 Disk with this error on both Harddisk0 and harddisk1:
    An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging operation.

I have a Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB as HD0 and a INTEL SSDMAEX C024G3H as HD1
    Smart status show that drives are OK, but the errors persist . I thought maybe there was
    a corruption in windows files or third party app causing the error. So I did a clean windows 10
    install. This did not fix the problem either.

rezpower, Feb 27, 2018
  5. kipper Win User
    Is one or both of your discs getting low in free space.....? this can cause this type of generic disc error....

Have you tried new or different cables on your drives......you might also try to plug your cables into other available SATA ports on the board.........

If you have another system that you can install the questionable drives on to see if you get the error on another system.......

kipper, Feb 28, 2018
  6. rezpower Win User
    Thanks for your reply kipper,
    Unfortunately mine is a laptop and I can't do much as I can't open it up. Both drives are half empty in my case.
    I just copied all the content to a back up external USB drive so in case it fails I will not be crying and pulling my
    hair. The fact that I'm seeing the error on both drives make me think that maybe the trouble is from the PC and
    not the hard disks! I doubt both have problems at the same time!

rezpower, Feb 28, 2018
  7. Samuria Win User
    There should be more info on the error which gives some idea of were the problem is you can then look it up https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ut-event-id-51

As its in the page file turn it off reboot see if that clears it as it may be corrupt data in the file

Samuria, Feb 28, 2018
  8. trashbag Win User

That's pretty weird. I don't think it would be from Windows Update since there hasn't been one since Patch Tuesday. What antivirus do you use? I use Bitdefender, maybe an update from that could have caused it? Neither one of my drives are even close to running out of space, they're both at over 90% free space.

trashbag, Feb 28, 2018
  9. rezpower Win User
    I am also using bitdefender (Total security 2018) + Malwarebytes.
    My last windows update was : Cumulative Update KB4074588 Windows 10 v1709 Build 16299.248 - Feb. 13 and I had no problem after that. All started last night.

I disabled page file and rebooted after making sure it's deleted and disabled. Same error *Sad
    at every reboot the error is present.

rezpower, Feb 28, 2018
  10. trashbag Win User
    Huh, so it's safe to assume that it's from a bad Bitdefender update? Do you only get errors upon startup and not any other time?

trashbag, Feb 28, 2018
  11. rezpower Win User
    Yes errors are at every startup. Going to disable bitdefender and reboot to see if this fixes the problem and will report back.

EDIT: Errors are still here with bitdefender antivirus, firewall, Threat defense, and other options disabled.
    Maybe there is still some part running and causing the problem. To know this uninstall is probably required!

rezpower, Feb 28, 2018
  12. trashbag Win User
    trashbag, Feb 28, 2018
  13. rezpower Win User

rezpower, Feb 28, 2018
  14. trashbag Win User
    It certainly takes a bit of urgency out of it considering that the fix is in Bitdefender's hands now. I'd still like to see it resolved sooner rather than later though. Did uninstalling Bitdefender ever get rid of the warnings?

trashbag, Feb 28, 2018
  15. rezpower Win User
    I disabled all bitdefender options, but didn't uninstall it. So I can't confirm that bitdefender is causing this or not. Meanwhile I have copied everything from my HDD to a backup USB device and will wait a little more to see what will come out on bitdefender side. Will post here if I get any new info.

rezpower, Feb 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Event ID 51 from all disk drives upon startup - Similar Threads - Event disk drives

2. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  3. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  4. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Samsung 970 EVO - Event ID 50, 51, and 24641 Troubleshooting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Samsung 970 EVO - Event ID 50, 51, and 24641 Troubleshooting: Hello All, I have two Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD installed in my system. I am using the current version of the Samsung NVMe driver at the time of this writing which is v 3.3. These events only appear when the system is booted from a shutdown state or restarted. If you...
  6. Fix all account upon startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fix all account upon startup: Since I updated to the May 2020 update build 19041.264 all my connected accounts get reset after a shutdown/startup sequence. This means I have to re-log into all my email accounts in the default Mail app as well as re-log into Chrome. How can I fix this so that my...
  7. Event 51 followed by Event 157 system errors

Event 51 followed by Event 157 system errors: For the past couple of weeks i have been receiving pages and pages of system 51 errors: An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk1\DR2 during a paging operation. This is then followed by a system 157 error: "Disk 1 has been surprise removed" which results in the hard...
  8. Disk Event ID 7

Disk Event ID 7: We have been doing in-place upgrades from Windows 7 to Windows 10. It's been going well, with just some minor driver issues and some user training here and there. Yesterday, I got a call from a user who has an Optiplex 9020, and she was complaining that her system has been...
  9. Event Log - Disk Error 51 - HDD became Empty till restart.

Event Log - Disk Error 51 - HDD became Empty till restart.: Okay i am really scared cause i have no clue what's going on. I was just randomly checking my event logs, not cause anything was wrong but just looking at it. And there was Tons of Disk errors. "An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging...
  10. Could not reconnect all network drives error upon startup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Could not reconnect all network drives error upon startup: Well I thought I had this problem solved! I had the same exact issue running Windows 7 so I upgraded to 10. It worked for a few times and now each time I restart, the 3 mapped drives I have show the dreaded RED X. This pc worked perfectly prior to me installing a new Samsung...