Windows 10: Event ID 69

Discus and support Event ID 69 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It seems that whenever the Windows Store became available I've always gotten Event ID's 69 similar to the one below. The app changes. It usually... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by streetwolf, Nov 25, 2015.

1. Event ID 69

It seems that whenever the Windows Store became available I've always gotten Event ID's 69 similar to the one below. The app changes. It usually happens about 15 minutes I first cold boot my machine. Sometimes after installing a Store app.

Failed with 0x490 modifying AppModel Runtime status for package Microsoft.WindowsCalculator_10.1511.60020.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe for user DESKTOP-JJKSIHM\garys (current status = 0x0, desired status = 0x20).

It has occurred on Windows 8.x and Windows 10. On different machines too. Even with a clean install. It never seems to affect the application mentioned. I assume it's part of the Store updating procedure.

Anyone know what exactly this error means? Seems to be another permissions problem which Windows has always had since 8.x.

:)

streetwolf, Nov 25, 2015

2. Windows 10 Help.

Microsoft... Windows 10....

I have been having theses crashes Event ID error 10016 Event ID 1000 Event ID 69 and much much more please release a patch update or something! Is windows 7 still good in 2017?

IShotLightning, Nov 25, 2015
  3. event viewer errors

Every time I logon I get errors when I run event viewer. The errors are reported as Event ID 69 and the source is "AppModel-Runtime. Does anyone know what these are and if they need to be addressed.

Howard Cohn, Nov 25, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Event ID 69

I get these messages when the apps involved are being updated (I just ran update all from the store and got the message for all that were updated).

This thread suggests it is due to partially installed updates rather than security Failed with 0x490 modifying AppModel Runtime status for package - TECHeZONE

This might be right as after updating it doesn't seem to happen for a while (until another app is updated perhaps).

What happens if you update all from the store and wait for that to finish and then reboot. You still get these errors 15 minutes later?

5. I really haven't found any pattern to the error. They don't seem to happen on a warm reboot of Windows. Also, I don't always get them. When I go into the Update menu they don't appear as having had a problem with any update, and as I said, they don't seem to affect the app.

Maybe the best course of action is to not look at my Event Log unless I experience a real problem Event ID 69 :)

streetwolf, Nov 25, 2015
  6. lx07 Win User
    Yup, I'm just ignoring these at the moment *Smile

I think you are right though it is something to do with updates...

7. tazmo8448 Win User
    I get that error changing user accounts.

tazmo8448, Dec 4, 2015
  8. Event ID 69

I'm getting this error now also. I'm not sure if there have been any updates to this topic or thread. It just started for me.

Thanks,

Rick

C5Longhorn, Jan 20, 2016
  9. tazmo8448 Win User
    yeah those errors seem to pop up randomly from time to time. I've gotten my event errors down to the usual four (shut down errors) on start up along with eight warnings...twelve total and that's the lowest it'll go for me.

tazmo8448, Jan 20, 2016
  10. Let me guess, the critical event 41 and associated non critical error?

C5Longhorn, Jan 20, 2016
  11. tazmo8448 Win User
    those and the same ole error 69 App errors...if you'll notice they are timed to when you shut down and seem to be inherent to the OS.. mostly its DCOM errors associated with Apps or 'Ready Boost' funny thing is all are toggled off in their respective settings. To be honest most errors I get are random and not continuious types. One day one type another day something different.....beats me.

tazmo8448, Jan 21, 2016
  12. glnz Win User
    Just got "Failed with 0x490 modifying AppModel Runtime status for package Microsoft.Messaging_2.13.20000.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe for user [My computer name]\[My user name] (current status = 0x0, desired status = 0x20)."
    Does MS care about these at all?

13. tazmo8448 Win User

Event ID 69

lt was 10005 type errors and the usual suspects (69)

tazmo8448, Jan 22, 2016
  14. Steve C Win User
    I'm getting the same errors on a clean installation i.e. Event 69 - Failed with 0x490 modifying AppModel Runtime status for package .......

On looking at the Apps, I find the ones referenced by the above errors have just been updated.

Is this just another 'feature' of Windows 10 due to MS sloppy software engineering and is there a fix for it?

Steve C, Jan 26, 2016
  15. tazmo8448 Win User
    I think its a klitch in the OS trying to be the 'be all do all' OS. Everybody that monitors Event Viewer regularly sees all sorts of
    errors. I've spent hours and hours tracking down each one and have finally got em down to 4 shut down errors and 8 warnings.
    It still rears it`s head with random Apps, Ready Boost (that is toggled off and unnecessary), User and Runtime errors. I truly feel
    that it is still in it`s infancy and needs to be hammered out down the road.

tazmo8448, Jan 26, 2016
Thema:

Event ID 69

1. Event ID 69 - Similar Threads - Event

2. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  3. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  4. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...: I have recently built my own computer 4070 super, 15 14600kf, ddr4 3600mz, strix b760a d4 and i had issues making it work, but was able to make it work great with all features. Recently, i downloaded Red dead Redemption 2 for a fun time playing, but have had issues with my...
  6. Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...

Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...: I have recently built my own computer 4070 super, 15 14600kf, ddr4 3600mz, strix b760a d4 and i had issues making it work, but was able to make it work great with all features. Recently, i downloaded Red dead Redemption 2 for a fun time playing, but have had issues with my...
  7. My Computer keeps crashing intermittently, Please help! Bug Check code 278, event ID 41,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Computer keeps crashing intermittently, Please help! Bug Check code 278, event ID 41,...: I have been crashing and restarting randomly when i am in gameOverwatch 2 and Fortnite.This began on March 10th when I was playing overwatch 2, it randomly crashed out of nowhere. restarted, join back the game, thought it was one off issue. However, next game i crashed again...
  8. My Computer keeps crashing intermittently, Please help! Bug Check code 278, event ID 41,...

My Computer keeps crashing intermittently, Please help! Bug Check code 278, event ID 41,...: I have been crashing and restarting randomly when i am in gameOverwatch 2 and Fortnite.This began on March 10th when I was playing overwatch 2, it randomly crashed out of nowhere. restarted, join back the game, thought it was one off issue. However, next game i crashed again...
  9. My Computer keeps crashing intermittently, Please help! Bug Check code 278, event ID 41,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category: 63

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel-Power, Event ID 41, Task Category: 63: So recently my friend got himself a computer. And lately he has been having problems with it. I am an IT-person. But figuring out everything by event viewer isn't my specialty. He has been having problems with power on his computer. There was a few times that his computer...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Error 4/26/2020 1:12:15 PM AppModel-Runtime 69

2. event 69 appmodel runtime error

3. AppModel-Runtime id 69

4. id 69 appmodel,
  5. event id 69,
  6. how to fix event id 69 on windows 10