Windows 10: Event ID 7 Bad Block & iaStorA resets but Chkdsk ok..

Discus and support Event ID 7 Bad Block & iaStorA resets but Chkdsk ok.. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Not finding threads that help me much with this. I have a Toshiba laptop with a conventional mechanical drive. I guess it is running about as well as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cognus, May 15, 2018.

1. cognus Win User

Event ID 7 Bad Block & iaStorA resets but Chkdsk ok..

Not finding threads that help me much with this. I have a Toshiba laptop with a conventional mechanical drive. I guess it is running about as well as it is capable of given the apps etc that are installed and the slow speed of the 5400rpm drive. Previously it had trouble because the user was in the habit of shutting it off after each short-term use, so it had an old botched upgrade from February and nothing since. All that is solved, but....

in the Event log are hundreds of Event ID 7 Bad Block detected entries, and dozens of IastorA "reset to Device\RaidPort0 issued" Event ID 129 entries. when I look at Disk Management, it shows the drive "Healthy", and after running chkdsk /f twice, there was nothing remarkable there in the log. I ran Crystal and it shows a warning due to abnormal Current Pending Sector count and Reallocated Sectors Count. Toshiba's own system health monitor shows the disk "Healthy"... I'm not convinced it is actually testing the drive.

Any guidance would be appreciated. If there actually is one or more "Bad Blocks", why is chkdsk not showing a remap to work around the bad blocks? Is there another utility I should try? By itself, the iastor reset error

:)

cognus, May 15, 2018

2. Run chkdsk/r on Win 10 PC

I thought that maybe chkdsk/r was not running since there was no visual evidence. However, after about 2.5 hours, it did complete.

I have been troubleshooting a "system hangs" trouble. I installed a Win 10 Repair Update but still have the problem.

Windows Event Viewer shows Event ID 7 - Drive has a bad block. That event occurs every few minutes in the event log.

I thought that chkdsk/r would fix but the event is still happening.

I may have a bad hard disk.

SylviaFerrier, May 15, 2018
  3. Random Freeze Event 129 iaStorA

Since installing Windows 10, I've been experiencing random freezes (not responsive except mouse) several times (4-5) per hour. I did not experience this problem in Windows 8.1 (which I upgraded from).

I have updated all drivers from manufacturer's website and still problem remains. Using the Event Viewer, I have identified the source as iaStorA (Event 129 Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued). I've updated to the latest Intel RST RAID driver
    too.

Dell Latitude E6430, primary SSD HDD and secondary HDD on drive bay.

Any help is highly appreciated!

NadeepaWickramage, May 15, 2018
Thema:

Event ID 7 Bad Block & iaStorA resets but Chkdsk ok..

1. Event ID 7 Bad Block & iaStorA resets but Chkdsk ok.. - Similar Threads - Event Bad Block

2. Bad block in Event Viewer which CHKDSK doesn't find

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad block in Event Viewer which CHKDSK doesn't find: I have reviewed the many posts found about this issue. I have taken the suggested steps CHKDSK, DISM, etc. including running the Seagate Utilities. I've even replaced the hard drive. I'm still seeing the events appearing in Event Viewer. Window 10 PRO seems to think my system...
  3. Bad block in Event Viewer which CHKDSK doesn't find

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad block in Event Viewer which CHKDSK doesn't find: I have reviewed the many posts found about this issue. I have taken the suggested steps CHKDSK, DISM, etc. including running the Seagate Utilities. I've even replaced the hard drive. I'm still seeing the events appearing in Event Viewer. Window 10 PRO seems to think my system...
  4. Bad block in Event Viewer which CHKDSK doesn't find

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Event 129 iaStorA

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event 129 iaStorA: My PC specs:Motherboard: GIGABYE H81M-DS2 Processor: IntelR PentiumR CPU G3450 @ 3.40GHz 2 CPUs, ~3.4GHz Graphics: IntelR HD Graphics in DirectX Diagnostic Tool Driver Model: WDDM 2.0 in DirectX Diagnostic Tool RAM: 4GB 3,39GB usable DRR3 SSD: Colorful SL300 128GBCD Drive: LG...
  6. Chkdsk Failure Event ID 26214

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chkdsk Failure Event ID 26214: I have repaired a few drives with chkdsk, Haven't ever not been successful so I am working on next steps. Chkdsk has run twice now and failed both times. Another thread saw it recommended to run HDtune, doing so now, will post replies with screen shots. Chkdsk was...
  7. Event Id 7 - The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block - this was asked BUT...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event Id 7 - The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block - this was asked BUT...: The solution posted for this error has been posted. The number indicating that many people are experiencing this. And PRIOR to the thread being locked, SEVERAL people had posted that thie solution posted does NOT work. Please reopen this thread or start a new one. To be...
  8. ID Event 129 iastorA Device\RaidPort0

ID Event 129 iastorA Device\RaidPort0: So I've been getting this error quite frequently, when playing a game my pc just freezes for an unespecified amount of time can be from 20 sec to 5/10 mins and I get the error of being timed out in the game I searched a bit and found that it could be from Intel Rapid...
  9. WHAT IS THE EVENT ID 7

WHAT IS THE EVENT ID 7: HEY, I AM USING WINDOWS 7 PRO & WINDOWS 10 PRO, MY SYSTEM SHOWING EVENT ID 7 IN EVENT SOURCE DISK,HOW TO FIND OUT WHAT IS THE PROBLEM IN HARD DISK (EVENT ID 7). AND HOW TO SOLVE THIS? PLEASE HELP ME ABOUT THIS...
  10. Event ID 7 - Harddisk has a Bad Block

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 7 - Harddisk has a Bad Block: Hi, After installing latest W10 Update - Build 447, I am getting random errors in >Event viewer : ID 7, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block. I did run CHKDSK but everything is OK, and I am quite sure there is nothing wrong with HDD Hardware, the HDD is only 2 years...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disk 100 reset to device \device\raidport0 the device \device\harddisk0\dr0 has a bad block