Windows 10: Event ID 7000: "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

Discus and support Event ID 7000: "A device attached to the system is not functioning" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I receive this error message in the Windows System log regularly. Device Manager does not show any malfunctioning devices. Apparently csvol service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oxonsi, Jun 18, 2016.

1. oxonsi Win User

Event ID 7000: "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

I receive this error message in the Windows System log regularly. Device Manager does not show any malfunctioning devices.

Apparently csvol service is part of HFS+ for Windows. This is a program that allows reading of HFS+ file systems on Windows. I did install that.

And I believe these Event ID 7000 errors are related to a service failing to start. maxView Storage Manager Agent service will not start. It is set to 'automatic start' in the Services viewer app. However, I find that it is not started, and if I attempt to start it manually, I receive a message stating it started and then stopped, "Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs." That should not be the case with this service.

I'd greatly appreciate any help with this!

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Service Control Manager" Guid="{555908d1-a6d7-4695-8e1e-26931d2012f4}" EventSourceName="Service Control Manager" />

<EventID Qualifiers="49152">7000</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>2</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-06-19T01:55:30.224060300Z" />

<EventRecordID>33731</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="988" ThreadID="1100" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-NN17U02</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

- <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">csvol</Data>

<Data Name="param2">%%31</Data>

<Binary>6300730076006F006C000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

System Information report written at: 06/18/16 16:34:29
    System Name: DESKTOP-NN17U02
    [System Summary]

Item Value
    OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.10586 Build 10586
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DESKTOP-NN17U02
    System Manufacturer System manufacturer
    System Model System Product Name
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU SKU
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 4901, 5/14/2014
    SMBIOS Version 2.7
    Embedded Controller Version 255.255
    BIOS Mode UEFI
    BaseBoard Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
    BaseBoard Model Not Available
    BaseBoard Name Base Board
    Platform Role Desktop
    Secure Boot State Off
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory C:\Windows
    System Directory C:\Windows\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
    Locale United States
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.10586.420"
    User Name DESKTOP-NN17U02\mike_
    Time Zone Central Daylight Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB
    Available Physical Memory 9.55 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 17.9 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 10.9 GB
    Page File Space 2.00 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware Yes
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

:)

oxonsi, Jun 18, 2016

2. Event ID 7000: "A device attached to the system is not functioning."

Hi,

Glad to know that you have fixed the issue.

Keep posting in Microsoft Community for any further queries that you face. We are happy to help!

Joy Kemprai, Jun 18, 2016
  3. Event ID 7000: "A device attached to the system is not functioning."

I did find some hidden devices in Device Manager which were not needed, and I uninstalled them. But that has not resolved the Event ID 7000 error with csvol.

Another issue, which I believe is related to this, is the maxView Storage Manager Agent service will not start. It is set to 'automatic start' in the Services viewer app. However, I find that it is not started, and if I attempt to start it manually, I
    receive a message stating it started and then stopped, "Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs." That should not be the case with this service.

I wish I could resolve these issues.

Oxonsi_921, Jun 18, 2016
Thema:

Event ID 7000: "A device attached to the system is not functioning"

1. Event ID 7000: "A device attached to the system is not functioning" - Similar Threads - Event 7000 device

2. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  3. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005: Hello,It's a couple of months I have this problem I think it startet around half of may after a windows update.It's not very frequent but it all starte while playing Escape from Tarkov.Basically my pc froze and I had to force restart by pressing the power button.After I...
  4. Event ID 86, event ID 13, event ID 7000, event ID 8193, event ID 10005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. A device attached to the system is not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A device attached to the system is not functioning: Hello:Can somebody help me with this message:"a device attached to the system is not functioning"I downloaded a tax software but when tried to install it that message appears.Thanks,Hiram...
  6. A device attached to the system is not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A device attached to the system is not functioning: Hello:Can somebody help me with this message:"a device attached to the system is not functioning"I downloaded a tax software but when tried to install it that message appears.Thanks,Hiram...
  7. A device attached to the system is not functioning.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A device attached to the system is not functioning.: Code: C:\Windows\System32>powercfg /h /type full A device attached to the system is not functioning. Help? Edit: I get Code: Your power plan information isn't available. Why can't Windows retrieve this information? in Code: Power Options -> Choose what the power buttons do...
  8. A device attached to system is not functioning

in Windows 10 Customization
    A device attached to system is not functioning: [IMG] I dont know how happend but i cant open systems app and i cant disable network too [ATTACH] and another error happend when i want open device manager this error come Why ? My laptop is lenovo g510 Core i3 Amd r5 m230...
  9. Error: A device attached to the system is not functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error: A device attached to the system is not functioning: I have not used my HP Envy 20 in a couple of years and just spent the day updating it. I reset the entire thing and the sound icon at the bottom right has a red X. I tried troubleshooting and could not update drivers due to "A device attached to the system is not...
  10. A device attached to the system is not functioning

in Windows 10 News
    A device attached to the system is not functioning: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]If you receive this error message A device attached to the system is not functioning, here are a few things you may try. It is quite possible that the attached device is not working for one of these reasons. The device [...] This post A device attached to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the csvol service

2. the csvol service failed to start due to the following error:a device attached to the system is not functioning.