Windows 10: Event ID Error Event 137, Kernel-Power

Discus and support Event ID Error Event 137, Kernel-Power in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The system firmware has changed the processor's memory type range registers (MTRRs) across a sleep state transition (S4). This can result in reduced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by gettheclicker, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Event ID Error Event 137, Kernel-Power

The system firmware has changed the processor's memory type range registers (MTRRs) across a sleep state transition (S4). This can result in reduced resume performance.

Just browsing through my Event Viewer trying to knock out and solve any random errors when THAT pops up a few times a day. Could anyone give a clue as to what it means? Hardware or software issue?

:)

gettheclicker, Feb 4, 2017
  2. LmStearn Win User

The system firmware has changed the processor's memory type range registers (MTRRs) across a sleep state transition (S4). [Continued]

Thanks, but turned it off through the GUI - well at least that is what the GUI displays, although looking at some threads the admin batch cmd seems to

work better
    for some.

Have noticed this issue on active Power Plans where hybrid sleep is not selected, but again, for some, that isn't

always the case

LmStearn, Feb 4, 2017
  3. VVU5 Win User
    Computer shuts down instead of going to sleep

I tried those as you've said but it there's no effect. The fixit link 'Run now' button is gray and can't be clicked with this message: We're sorry, but your operating system is not supported by Microsoft
    Fix it at this time.

I am getting this error from event viewer if it helps:

Event ID: 137

Source: Kernel-Power

The system firmware has changed the processor's memory type range registers (MTRRs) across a sleep state transition (S4). This can result in reduced resume performance.

VVU5, Feb 4, 2017
  4. Event ID Error Event 137, Kernel-Power

Well (S4) is hibernation.

You could run a test by shortening your hibernation setting, make sleep after 15 and hibernate after 30, then stop using it and note wall clock time. Calculate when it will drop into hibernation. Wake it up fifteen minutes after it should have hibernated and see if the event coincides with the machine changing from S3 to S4.

To confirm your machine supports all the necessary sleep states at command prompt(admin) type

powercfg -a

Caledon Ken, Feb 4, 2017
  5. I don't use hibernation nor sleep.

6. Interesting.

So do you power down at end of use of just let screen go black?

Can you identify an activity you are doing (or the system) that matches when the event error occurs.

Like they happen when you power on, power off, connect and external drive.

You could issue a power command to disable hibernation and see if this prevents error from happening.

powercfg -h off

Caledon Ken, Feb 4, 2017
  7. I turn the computer off with the windows icon in the taskbar like everyone else. I do not unplug or plug in any usb devices nor extra drives. I turn it off at night while I sleep and boot it up when I wake up. If I have to go out, it would idle for a few hours. I do not use the sleep function. I've disabled those features. Not even a screen saver is used. This is bad for the TV's I use as displays, I know, better fix that. I don't turn off the TV's when I shutdown the computer, I let the inactivity feature take care of that.

As for the times listed in the event viewer, I do not notice when they occur. There are no hiccups, lags, freezes, or error boxes. I'll have to get back to you on what it is I may be doing at that specific time to trigger the error. I haven't kept track but I will now.

Wait, wait, just figured it out. That error seems to be aligned with the times I shut off the computer.

8. Event ID Error Event 137, Kernel-Power

Great.

Just confirming, did you disable Hibernation or you just don't use. Now a days when windows shuts down it save some information for "Fast Start Up.

Next time you shut down hold the shift key down and click shutdown. This bypasses the process. See if you get an Event. It will take longer to start.

Here is one of the tutorials for reference.

Fast Startup - Turn On or Off in Windows 10

Caledon Ken, Feb 5, 2017
  9. I disabled fast startup as one of the steps to avoid the DPC WATCHDOG BSOD. So I don't use that, or can I?

gettheclicker, Feb 5, 2017
  10. I don't know.

Lets just be double sure.

powercfg -h off

This kills hiberantion and Fast Start up. Test and see if event viewer is clear.

Caledon Ken, Feb 5, 2017
  11. Unable to perform operation. An unexpected error (0x65b) has occurred: Function failed during execution.

gettheclicker, Feb 5, 2017
  12. You did from command prompt(admin). Sorry.

Caledon Ken, Feb 5, 2017
  13. Event ID Error Event 137, Kernel-Power

Yep. CMD dos box right? Rebooted and this time didn't get the function error I just mentioned. How odd.

gettheclicker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Event ID Error Event 137, Kernel-Power

1. Event ID Error Event 137, Kernel-Power - Similar Threads - Event Error Event

2. kernel-power error event id 41

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernel-power error event id 41: Hi, I have recently build a new PC with this config Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 22631 22621.ni_release.220506-1250 Motherboard: ASUS ROG strix x670E-E gaming wifi System Model: System Product Name BIOS: 1807 type: UEFI Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X...
  3. kernel-power error event id 41

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernel-power error event id 41: Hi, I have recently build a new PC with this config Operating System: Windows 11 Pro 64-bit 10.0, Build 22631 22621.ni_release.220506-1250 Motherboard: ASUS ROG strix x670E-E gaming wifi System Model: System Product Name BIOS: 1807 type: UEFI Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X...
  4. Event 41 id error, Kernel-Power.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event 41 id error, Kernel-Power.: Hi, i recently cleaned my pc, and after i plugged back in all the cables in, i started having the first issue taht was: DP/HDMI ports sometimes working sometimes not, so basically it reads the cable sometimes and sometimes it just doesn't. When it does though, a couple of...
  5. Event 41 id error, Kernel-Power.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event 41 id error, Kernel-Power.: Hi, i recently cleaned my pc, and after i plugged back in all the cables in, i started having the first issue taht was: DP/HDMI ports sometimes working sometimes not, so basically it reads the cable sometimes and sometimes it just doesn't. When it does though, a couple of...
  6. Event ID 41 Kernel-Power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 41 Kernel-Power: I've had a few occasions lately where my computer is on but crashes/turns itself off and I've no idea why or how to look at fixing the issue. Where do I start? Event Manager says Event ID 41 Kernel-Power...
  7. Kernel-Power Event ID 41

Kernel-Power Event ID 41: My system from time to time will crash on me with the blue screen of death showing Kernel-Power as the error code Last night at 1:30 AM the system crashed but this time a Dell Screen came on and said it could not find a hard drive. I was able to shut it down by clicking the...
  8. Event ID 137 Kernel-Power alert after sleep state

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event ID 137 Kernel-Power alert after sleep state: Greetings community, I have just 2 days ago upgraded from Windows 7 to a Clean install of Windows 10 using the Installation tool & USB thumbdrive technique, removing the existing operating system & partitions. The installation went flawlessly. Since then I have been...
  9. Kernel-power event id 41

Kernel-power event id 41: Every day i have a problem with my Acer aspire A315 randomly freezing and restarting, when i've looked at the event log this is what it shows Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 11/12/2018 10:06:42 Event ID: 41 Task...
  10. Kernel-Power Event id 41

in Windows 10 Support
    Kernel-Power Event id 41: Hi guys for the past few days sometimes my computer starts to freeze for a sec and i cant move my mouse around and it will restarts by it self. when i go check my Events logs for my pc this comes up Kernel-Power Event id 41 The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The system firmware has changed the processors memory type range registers (MTRRs) across a sleep state transition (S4). This can result in reduced resume performance.

2. win10 error 137

3. s4 mtrr 137

4. kernel power error 137 windows 10,
  5. system firmware changed mtrr,
  6. event 137,
  7. event id 137,
  8. kernel event 137,
  9. Event 137 Kernel Power,
  10. windows 10 event log kernel power 137,
  11. event id 137 kernel-power,
  12. w10 firmware changed processors MTRRs acros a sleep state transition S4,
  13. win 10 error 137,