Windows 10: Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown

Discus and support Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I moved this post from general discussions where it got completely buried. I'm sure every one of us is getting these errors in windows 10 This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ratbone, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Ratbone Win User

Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown

I moved this post from general discussions where it got completely buried.

I'm sure every one of us is getting these errors in windows 10

This appears to be a general issue with windows 10, I always get the following errors on shutdown:

The VMware Workstation Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The User Data Access_Session1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The User Data Storage_Session1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Contact Data_Session1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The Sync Host_Session1 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

I suspect the Event ID 7031 Service Control Manager errors occurred initially in windows 8.1 upgrade and was resolved by Microsoft. It looks like the problem is back especially with the new windows 10 services (with the exception of the VMWare Workstation server)

I suspect this error also affects shutdown/reboot times.

Ideas anyone how to resolve this

:)

Ratbone, Aug 18, 2015
  2. AussieRJS Win User

Service Control Manager error 7031 Windows 10 Home

Assuming you are only seeing the 7031 errors in event logs

Control Panel/Administrative Tools/Event Viewer

Open error

open 7031

Right click each item if you have more than one..copy details to text..and paste to word for a record.

Most people are getting four as follows

Log Name: System

Source: Service Control Manager

Date: 31/03/2016 8:22:11 AM

Event ID: 7031

Task Category: None

Level: Error

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer:

Description:

The User Data Access _3a7d0 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service

Computer:

Description:

The User Data Storage_3a7d0 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken

Computer:

Description:

The Contact Data_3a7d0 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

Computer:

Description:

The Sync Host_3a7d0 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

The date and times you see here are the shutdown times of your computer.

To prove this close all open screens..note time bottom right and shut down computer. Wait for about 5 minutes and restart..note restart time.

Go back into control panel etc,and reopen error logs ...now look new times and they should match up with your shut down time you previously noted.

You can read up on this error at

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...system-control-manager/995ff658-fa62-4535-a35

Copy and paste the above into your web browser.

From my experience because the 7031 error only occurs at shutdown and does not appear to effect the operation of the computer in any way my advice is just read the above and don't try any of the suggested band aid fixes and just wait for microsoft
    to put out a fix sometime in the next decade. Yes I know they are filling up your error logs.

AussieRJS, Aug 18, 2015
  3. Event 7031 System Control Manager

Negative, the 7031 errors are still there if Cortana is disabled and OneDrive is uninstalled.

I disabled the 5 services in regedit (Start=4) and now no more errors in Event Viewer.

Frank in Abra, Aug 18, 2015
  4. spluff Win User

getting this also - on laptop and home pc

spluff, Aug 18, 2015
Thema:

1. Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown - Similar Threads - Event Log 7031

2. Same sequence of Event ID: 7031 errors show up in my event log daily.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same sequence of Event ID: 7031 errors show up in my event log daily.: First I get the following followed by LightingServicw terminated unexpecterdly. These happen every day when I start my ASUS laptop. I have My ASUS which keeps saying I have a driver issue. BUT It never says where. I have talked to ASUS but they are worthless when it comes to...
  3. Same sequence of Event ID: 7031 errors show up in my event log daily.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Same sequence of Event ID: 7031 errors show up in my event log daily.: First I get the following followed by LightingServicw terminated unexpecterdly. These happen every day when I start my ASUS laptop. I have My ASUS which keeps saying I have a driver issue. BUT It never says where. I have talked to ASUS but they are worthless when it comes to...
  4. Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs: Hi, I had a question regarding the logistics of Windows Event Log. I'm trying to build a service that depends on time, and am trying to use Windows Event Log's timestamps for specific events, mainly power-related events such as Restart/Shutdown/Dirty Shutdown and Time...
  5. Windows event viewer error 7024 7031 every minute

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows event viewer error 7024 7031 every minute: I am getting the following system errors in the event log every 60 seconds . Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? THanks! Here is system info dump: Code: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer...
  6. Windows event viewer error 7024 7031 every minute

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows event viewer error 7024 7031 every minute: I am getting the following system errors in the event log every 60 seconds . Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? THanks! Here is system info dump: Code: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer...
  7. Windows event viewer error 7024 7031 every minute

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows event viewer error 7024 7031 every minute: I am getting the following system errors in the event log every 60 seconds . Any suggestions on how to troubleshoot? THanks! - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider Name="Service Control Manager"...
  8. Eventid 7031 errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Eventid 7031 errors: I have cleaned up most of my errors but these four keep being produced at shutdown in the System log. Event Id 7031 service terminated unexpectedly. User Data Access_Session2 User Data Storage_Session1 Contact Data_Session1 Sync Host_Session1 Anyone else got...
  9. Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log 7031 Errors on Shutdown: This appears to be a general issue with windows 10, I always get the following errors on shutdown: The VMware Workstation Server service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the...
  10. Stop Logging a Specific Event Error - 7031

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Logging a Specific Event Error - 7031: I want to stop error code 7031 from showing up in the event viewer log in win 10 (since its a redundant code that means nothing anyway), so does anyone know the steps (and explain in layman terms) to prevent it from posting. I do not mean just filtering it unless that is all...