Windows 10: Event Log Online Help doesn't function

Discus and support Event Log Online Help doesn't function in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; After the UA upgrade I see several errors in the Event Viewer. In the past you could get more info by clicking the Event Log Online Help. You may still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by PiKo, Oct 17, 2016.

1. PiKo Win User

Event Log Online Help doesn't function

After the UA upgrade I see several errors in the Event Viewer. In the past you could get more info by clicking the Event Log Online Help. You may still do this, but you arrive on an advertisement page of MS. Do they skip this source of information? *Sad

:)

2. Event Log Online Help not working

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Your Windows question is more complex than what is typically answered in the Microsoft Answers forums. It is better suited for the IT Pro audience on TechNet. Please post your question in the
    Technet forum. They will be able to guide you with this.

If you have any Windows related queries, do let us know. We will be glad to help.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 17, 2016
  3. Event Log Online Help not working

With Windows 7, using event viewer, if I clicked the hyperlink "Event log online help" it would usually open a page related to the particular Event ID. But since installing Windows 10 (first as an upgrade to W7; but subsequently as a clean install; and
    on two different computers), that link takes me to a
    Page Not Found
    page.

The registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Event Viewer\MicrosoftRedirectionURL is set to http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp which is, I believe, the correct setting.

Any help would be appreciated.

RonRosenfeld, Oct 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

I see the same. Mistake or policy? If you've noticed, from integrated help with meaningful links (Win 7), MS has increasingly moved to what I think of as 'community documentation' - i.e. relies on the users!!! And there is a good number of links which are not directed meaningfully, presumably 'cos MS has overlooked them. Bet they got rid of a whole department by becoming 'unhelpful'.

dalchina, Oct 17, 2016
Thema:

1. Event Log Online Help doesn't function - Similar Threads - Event Log Online

2. Why does the Event Viewer log "event log online help" do absolutely nothing except take you...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Event Viewer log "event log online help" do absolutely nothing except take you...: when you are troubleshooting the last thing you need is useless runaround. In event log at the bottom there is a link to click but when you click it it points you to microsoft'ss website instead of having a list of suggestions for the issue. i would suggest adding a chatgtp...
  3. Why does the Event Viewer log "event log online help" do absolutely nothing except take you...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the Event Viewer log "event log online help" do absolutely nothing except take you...: when you are troubleshooting the last thing you need is useless runaround. In event log at the bottom there is a link to click but when you click it it points you to microsoft'ss website instead of having a list of suggestions for the issue. i would suggest adding a chatgtp...
  4. Event log error please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event log error please help: Please any advice would be helpful believe a may have faulty mobo as having problems when dim1 is occupied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-log-error-please-help/3e287cdf-56b5-4693-8919-dd8799815045
  5. Event log error please help

Event log error please help: Please any advice would be helpful believe a may have faulty mobo as having problems when dim1 is occupied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-log-error-please-help/3e287cdf-56b5-4693-8919-dd8799815045
  6. BSOD, Error Event Log Help

BSOD, Error Event Log Help: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000d80005, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff8054084393f. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 0250a030-9790-4048-9098-e65a0f9304f3.this is from a fresh install...
  7. BSOD, Error Event Log Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD, Error Event Log Help: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000d80005, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff8054084393f. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 0250a030-9790-4048-9098-e65a0f9304f3.this is from a fresh install...
  8. can you help with this event log?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can you help with this event log?: Hello All, My Pc some time bluescreen and then reboot. I can not get the reason. i reinstall OS many times, it annoys me a lot. any idea is appreaciated! below is the event log : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahxl0DeDKyChiJA8M4PBGmf_INqPXQ?e=ebYyPi Thanks a lot...
  9. Windows Event Log Online Help just goes to MS homepage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Event Log Online Help just goes to MS homepage: In the Event Log, General Tab, More Information: Event Log Online Help. The link that MS sends you off to hasn't worked for some time. The link just goes to MS Home Page. Is there away to make this work again? If MS has abandoned it, can it be linked to Google? 70334
  10. Event Log Online Help URL Redirect

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log Online Help URL Redirect: Is there a good working redirect for this that works? 57113