Windows 10: Event Log Online Help URL Redirect

Discus and support Event Log Online Help URL Redirect in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a good working redirect for this that works? 57113 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tazmo8448, Jul 22, 2016.

1. tazmo8448 Win User

Event Log Online Help URL Redirect

Is there a good working redirect for this that works?

:)

tazmo8448, Jul 22, 2016

2. Event Viewer

What is the current URL for the Event Viewer Online Help redirect in Windows 10?

fkowalski3, Jul 22, 2016
  3. RobMilk Win User
    Troubleshooting and Windows 10 Help

Joseph,

The actual original question is why the Event Viewer hyperlink ALWAYS fails to work in Windows 10. The exact error about Windows Media Player is just an example, but it isn't the point of the discussion.

The root cause is that Microsoft has not fixed the event log online database.

Steps to reproduce:

* Open event viewer

* Choose any event

* Click on link to "Event Log Online Help"

Result: Redirected to the Microsoft error page "the page you requested cannot be found"

I can reproduce the same event viewer problem on a BRAND NEW install of Win 10 1709. Open event viewer, choose any event, then click on "Event Log Online Help". Click "Yes" and a URL like this is opened:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/eve...=Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime&LCID=1033

This URL fails to open and redirects to a Microsoft "Page Not Found" general error page.

This has been discussed in TechNet and other Community Forum posts multiple times since the release of Windows 10 15xx several years ago. 3 years later and it still isn't fixed. See for example:

Windows 10 Event Log Online Help not working

RobMilk, Jul 22, 2016
Thema:

Event Log Online Help URL Redirect

1. Event Log Online Help URL Redirect - Similar Threads - Event Log Online

2. Event log

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event log: On connecting via USB, an external drive, a message advised me to create an event log. HP PC Windows 10. It further stated that a message regarding this was being sent and to press 'Next'. Here I am, what now?...
  3. Blue error and issue in Event log. Please help!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue error and issue in Event log. Please help!: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 6/7/2019 10:35:13 PM Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: DESKTOP-NEM4QSV\tanle Computer: DESKTOP-NEM4QSV Description: The...
  4. event log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event log: My event log shows numerous errors and warnings specifically for DistributedCom - this started happening around the 1st of November - should i do something? <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> - <System> <Provider...
  5. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...
  6. Windows Event Log Online Help just goes to MS homepage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Event Log Online Help just goes to MS homepage: In the Event Log, General Tab, More Information: Event Log Online Help. The link that MS sends you off to hasn't worked for some time. The link just goes to MS Home Page. Is there away to make this work again? If MS has abandoned it, can it be linked to Google? 70334
  7. Event Log Online Help doesn't function

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Log Online Help doesn't function: After the UA upgrade I see several errors in the Event Viewer. In the past you could get more info by clicking the Event Log Online Help. You may still do this, but you arrive on an advertisement page of MS. Do they skip this source of information? *Sad 67240
  8. Event Log error

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Log error: Any idea what would be causing this? svchost (3972) Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -566. Many instances of this error in my event log. Running windows 10 pro with November update.... Thanks. 32625
  9. Missing Events in Event log?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Missing Events in Event log?: Hi so I notice that sometimes when I do a system diagnostics report I get the message of missing events in event log. I do at times clear my events from event log after a long time but is this something to be concerned about? I did clear application and system event logs...
  10. Help to get Event ID 15 - ACPI to stop logging in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Help to get Event ID 15 - ACPI to stop logging in Event Viewer: Not sure if this is the right section, if not please move to the correct one. Under the details tab in Event Viewer when a logged event has a GUID that shows up in the registry under HKEYLM > System > CurrentControlSet>Control>WM>Autologger>EventLog-XX I know how to...