Windows 10: Event Log Online Help URL Redirect

Discus and support Event Log Online Help URL Redirect in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Is there a good working redirect for this that works? 57113 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tazmo8448, Jul 22, 2016.

1. tazmo8448 Win User

Event Log Online Help URL Redirect

Is there a good working redirect for this that works?

:)

tazmo8448, Jul 22, 2016

2. Event Viewer

What is the current URL for the Event Viewer Online Help redirect in Windows 10?

fkowalski3, Jul 22, 2016
  3. RobMilk Win User
    Troubleshooting and Windows 10 Help

Joseph,

The actual original question is why the Event Viewer hyperlink ALWAYS fails to work in Windows 10. The exact error about Windows Media Player is just an example, but it isn't the point of the discussion.

The root cause is that Microsoft has not fixed the event log online database.

Steps to reproduce:

* Open event viewer

* Choose any event

* Click on link to "Event Log Online Help"

Result: Redirected to the Microsoft error page "the page you requested cannot be found"

I can reproduce the same event viewer problem on a BRAND NEW install of Win 10 1709. Open event viewer, choose any event, then click on "Event Log Online Help". Click "Yes" and a URL like this is opened:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/eve...=Microsoft-Windows-AppModel-Runtime&LCID=1033

This URL fails to open and redirects to a Microsoft "Page Not Found" general error page.

This has been discussed in TechNet and other Community Forum posts multiple times since the release of Windows 10 15xx several years ago. 3 years later and it still isn't fixed. See for example:

Windows 10 Event Log Online Help not working

RobMilk, Jul 22, 2016
Thema:

Event Log Online Help URL Redirect

1. Event Log Online Help URL Redirect - Similar Threads - Event Log Online

2. Why does the Event Viewer log "event log online help" do absolutely nothing except take you...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Event Viewer log "event log online help" do absolutely nothing except take you...: when you are troubleshooting the last thing you need is useless runaround. In event log at the bottom there is a link to click but when you click it it points you to microsoft'ss website instead of having a list of suggestions for the issue. i would suggest adding a chatgtp...
  3. Why does the Event Viewer log "event log online help" do absolutely nothing except take you...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the Event Viewer log "event log online help" do absolutely nothing except take you...: when you are troubleshooting the last thing you need is useless runaround. In event log at the bottom there is a link to click but when you click it it points you to microsoft'ss website instead of having a list of suggestions for the issue. i would suggest adding a chatgtp...
  4. Event log error please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event log error please help: Please any advice would be helpful believe a may have faulty mobo as having problems when dim1 is occupied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-log-error-please-help/3e287cdf-56b5-4693-8919-dd8799815045
  5. ***URL link removed for security reasons*** redirect

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ***URL link removed for security reasons*** redirect: I have Windows 11 and I use Firefox browser. About a month ago, I started getting redirected to ***URL link removed for security reasons*** when I click on some store links that show up on a Google search such as Etsy, Kohls, etc. I don't get redirected when I use Edge.I...
  6. BSOD, Error Event Log Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD, Error Event Log Help: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000000a 0x0000000000d80005, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff8054084393f. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 0250a030-9790-4048-9098-e65a0f9304f3.this is from a fresh install...
  7. can you help with this event log?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can you help with this event log?: Hello All, My Pc some time bluescreen and then reboot. I can not get the reason. i reinstall OS many times, it annoys me a lot. any idea is appreaciated! below is the event log : https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahxl0DeDKyChiJA8M4PBGmf_INqPXQ?e=ebYyPi Thanks a lot...
  8. EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE opens a URL and then redirects to a different URL: When I put in Anadarko High School Class Of 1959, Anadarko, OK the page opens for a second and then is redirected to Welcome. This does not happen in Firefox, it opens the anadarko59 site and stays there. As far as I know, the anadarko59 URL is the only one this happens to...
  9. Windows Event Log Online Help just goes to MS homepage

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Event Log Online Help just goes to MS homepage: In the Event Log, General Tab, More Information: Event Log Online Help. The link that MS sends you off to hasn't worked for some time. The link just goes to MS Home Page. Is there away to make this work again? If MS has abandoned it, can it be linked to Google? 70334
  10. Event Log Online Help doesn't function

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Log Online Help doesn't function: After the UA upgrade I see several errors in the Event Viewer. In the past you could get more info by clicking the Event Log Online Help. You may still do this, but you arrive on an advertisement page of MS. Do they skip this source of information? *Sad 67240