Windows 10: Event log question

Discus and support Event log question in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Tried to attach the actual event log but site did not let me. Below is a log from Event/Application and Services... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by wjbodin3, Dec 26, 2015.

1. wjbodin3 Win User

Event log question

Tried to attach the actual event log but site did not let me.

Below is a log from Event/Application and Services Logs/Microsoft/Windows/Audio/PlaybackManager

I have hundreds if not thousands of these in the log since I installed and each time this is generated I get a ding through my speakers. I have had no luck trying to find out what is actually triggering this event and the sound which is beyond very annoying that it goes of every few minutes and at times multiple times a minute, the last time it was not happening was weeks ago when I did a full format and reinstall now its back after 2 weeks of not happening.

They all are Tack Category 116 Event 20, Audion but Format number varies from 1 to 3 from what I have seen

-
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Audio" Guid="{AE4BD3BE-F36F-45B6-8D21-BDD6FB832853}" />

<EventID>20</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>116</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x800000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-12-27T04:56:25.280553800Z" />

<EventRecordID>7178</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="7992" ThreadID="1376" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Audio/PlaybackManager</Channel>

<Computer>John-Desktop</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-2026109775-3903604127-447048412-1001" />

</System>

- <EventData>
    <Data Name="Format">1</Data>

<Data Name="SamplingRate">44100</Data>

<Data Name="bAudioSrvStreamResourceType">false</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

The only other events around this is below but appears when I am not changing volumes on anything. The soundlevel line keeps changing values.

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Audio" Guid="{AE4BD3BE-F36F-45B6-8D21-BDD6FB832853}" />

<EventID>21</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>117</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x800000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-12-27T04:42:49.794803400Z" />

<EventRecordID>7160</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="1108" ThreadID="12040" />

<Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Audio/PlaybackManager</Channel>

<Computer>John-Desktop</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />

</System>

- <EventData>
    <Data Name="AppId">Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy!App</Data>

<Data Name="SoundLevel">0</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

:)

wjbodin3, Dec 26, 2015
  2. malynn Win User

event log question

Hi,

I have some privacy concerns and was checking and trying to decipher my event viewer security log...

I have a couple questions:

1. In the task category, it shows a 'user account' guest logon at the same time I am logged on. I have not authorized any guest accounts on my computer or network. What does that mean exactly?

2. There was a logon time in the event viewer, that I did not log into my computer.... I was not at home or near my computer at the time the viewer said there was a logon. Does this mean someone has unauthorized access to my computer?

Thank you

malynn, Dec 26, 2015
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    event log question

Hi,

There are several factors that can cause this issue. For proper isolation, kindly verify the queries below:

• Any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Which version of Windows operating system is installed on your device?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the event log? Make sure that there are no personal information included.
    We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Dec 26, 2015
  4. Snacko Win User

Event log question

Have you found any solution to this problem??

I have the exact same problem. I'm running Windows 10, and it was fine with no audio problems for a long time. Then about a month ago I started to notice a 'popping' sound that happened randomly, and also every time an audio/video (youtube and others) was played.

Today, while I was poking around in the Event Viewer, I noticed the same exact event in the Audio\PlaybackManager. A new event appears every time the pop occurs! But my even has no information. It just says this:

Code: Log Name: Microsoft-Windows-Audio/PlaybackManager Source: Microsoft-Windows-Audio Date: 4/7/2016 11:57:13 AM Event ID: 20 Task Category: (116) Level: Information Keywords: User: COSMOS\Andy Computer: COSMOS Description: Format: 1 Sampling rate: 44100Hz Offloaded: false Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Audio" Guid="{AE4BD3BE-F36F-45B6-8D21-BDD6FB832853}" /> <EventID>20</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>4</Level> <Task>116</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x800000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-04-07T15:57:13.989280000Z" /> <EventRecordID>20425</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="6632" ThreadID="5656" /> <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-Audio/PlaybackManager</Channel> <Computer>COSMOS</Computer> <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-1762026761-4094420784-4285507535-1001" /> </System> <EventData> <Data Name="Format">1</Data> <Data Name="SamplingRate">44100</Data> <Data Name="bAudioSrvStreamResourceType">false</Data> </EventData> </Event>[/quote] Sometimes, the Sampling rate changes to 22050Hz. Other than that, all the events are the same.

I have deleted my monitors HDMI Audio device. Deleted mobo audio programs. Removed extra audio/video codecs. Checked my cables.

I have an on-board SupremeFX audio with my ASUS Maximus VIII Extreme mobo.

I'm not sure what else to do. I don't want to reinstall Windows!

Snacko, Apr 6, 2016
  5. wjbodin3 Win User
    A solution you probably do not want to hear.

It took me two "full installs" from DVD before it stopped. The reason that I put full installs in quotes is that the first time I told the dvd to wipe the drive and install fresh it did not, it left everything on the disc that was there prior and just made a new windows folder. I started trying to make sense of that mess when I got the noise again, if I recall it happened several times in less then a minute. So I just opened a admin command windows and manually formatted the drive and made sure I was starting from scratch. So far and this is now months later I have not heard the sound again, though I have not checked the events

wjbodin3, Apr 7, 2016
  6. Snacko Win User
    Thanks for the reply.

Well, yes, I don't want to do a reinstall.

Yesterday I noticed that the volume of the popping sound was not controlled by the Windows Volume slider. It was controlled by my Logitech 5.1 device.

Event log question [​IMG]

So, I don't think that event is the problem. I turned my Logitech volume knob down, and turned the Windows Volume Slider up higher and the popping can be eliminated or lessened. I used to be able to turn my Logitech volume up much higher without this problem. So..

I think this is a hardware problem. I'll have to check for dusk and clean connections. That event is probably just sofware devices changing the frequency as they need it. So, I think that is normal..

Anyhow, I am very happy to maybe have a solution.. *092

Snacko, Apr 7, 2016
  7. netfed Win User
    This event happens when you have windows system sounds enabled. You can see a new log item appear in the playbackmanager event viewer when you for example minimize your window. The logging stops when you set windows sounds to 'None' from the control panel. You can turn of this kind of logging by Right-clicking the Playbackmanager (Event Viewer > Application and services log > Microsoft > Windows > Audio > Playbackmanager) and select Properties.

netfed, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Event log question

1. Event log question - Similar Threads - Event log question

2. event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event log: Checking the event log a constant error is is this I have included this screen shot can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-log/392cf2c4-623e-4c7e-b677-c1718e676b8d
  3. Event log

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event log: HiIf you close the laptop not shutdown is it possible for someone to login remotely? There shouldn't be any log details if the laptop is closed as no activity happened. Could you please explain this better?...
  4. Event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event log: HiIf you close the laptop not shutdown is it possible for someone to login remotely? There shouldn't be any log details if the laptop is closed as no activity happened. Could you please explain this better?...
  5. event logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah4RDmoZkWcwgiUIWZvXksrjZWex?e=takR8H follow this link and investagate the event logs please include some form of contact info and a brief discussion as to what you suspect is wrong and how it can be fixed thanks....
  6. event log??

in Windows 10 Customization
    event log??: -System -Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing [ Guid] {b675ec37-bdb6-4648-bc92-f3fdc74d3ca2} EventID3 Version1 Level2 Task2 Opcode14 Keywords0x8000000000000010 -TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2021-01-24T05:26:37.0715681Z EventRecordID301 Correlation -Execution [...
  7. Endless BSOD question.... Event log attatched.. help..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Endless BSOD question.... Event log attatched.. help..: https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/wkwon_umass_edu/EWP9UbngpvNHmrHynC281BIBDTdGFUoj9WTKiaHQ2jpnBg?e=9brDn8 This is the event log file from my laptop. I dont have minidump file as the "error info collection" process do not move on from 0 % and have to force...
  8. Event logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event logs: Hello, My PC, Win 10, 64, crashes to a grey or black screen every few days or so. Tried re-installing win 10 from a stick. The error is: The WCSV3 service depends on the WAS which failed to start because the system cannot find the drive specified. Then in services, I...
  9. Event Logs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Logs: Is there an event log that shows adding and removing dates of devices - computers, printers, etc from computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-logs/27a9283c-9d25-47d8-8e1b-0c04e7f4357e
  10. Event Logs Question

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Logs Question: Does anyone know why when you write data to an excel file or word file, it shows firstly the file modified event and then the file deleted event right after (even though the file was not technically deleted it was just appended) in the event log? submitted by...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. baudiosrvstreamresourcetype

2. ={ae4bd3be-f36f-45b6-8d21-bdd6fb832853} />