Windows 10: Event Viewer Cleaning

Discus and support Event Viewer Cleaning in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; What is the difference in the Clean Viewer.bat and the Clean_Event_Viewer_logs.bat files that I have downloaded from Windows Ten Forums? 105066 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Clint, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Clint Win User

Event Viewer Cleaning

What is the difference in the Clean Viewer.bat and the Clean_Event_Viewer_logs.bat files that I have downloaded from Windows Ten Forums?

:)

Clint, Feb 26, 2018
  2. Gil deG Win User

How to find out which processes consume system disk time?

Hi,

If you are trying to find what's wrong with your computer regarding with the process, you may use the Windows Event Viewer. The Windows Event Viewer shows a log of application and system messages – errors, information messages, and warnings. To launch the
    Event Viewer, just type Event Viewer into your Start menu and press Enter.

If you want to stop or disable some of the running processes, we suggest that you perform a clean boot.

You may refer to the article below on how to perform a clean boot.

How to perform a clean boot

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gil deG, Feb 26, 2018
  3. Thinkpad R500 card reader will not work

Unfortunately there is nothing in event viewer relating to this problem. There are several other problems.

I suspect since SFC came back clean and there is nothing in event viewer it may be hardware related and Lenovo is the best source to ask

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 26, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

Event Viewer Cleaning

5. Hi,
    Should of asked on the tutorial but since you asked here possibly @Brink can say when he gets a moment *Smile

ThrashZone, Feb 26, 2018
  6. Clint Win User
    Clint, Feb 26, 2018
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Feb 26, 2018
  8. Clint Win User

Event Viewer Cleaning

To me cleaning the Event Viewer is maintenance. That's why I posted it here. If I knew that I downloaded it from Tutorials, I would have posted it there.

Clint, Feb 26, 2018
  9. Clint Win User
    Clint, Feb 26, 2018
  10. ThrashZone, Feb 26, 2018
  11. Callender Win User
    I just use this. It's the script compiled as an executable. It's unsigned.

LogCleaner.zip

Callender, Feb 26, 2018
  12. RickC Win User
    As a matter of interest, what BAT compiler do you use? I can't find one that *doesn't* trigger all sorts of false positives on VirusTotal. (AV heuristics these days just seems to be a euphemism for "we have no idea".)

RickC, Feb 26, 2018
  13. lx07 Win User

Event Viewer Cleaning

Why would you do that?

What is the point in compiling a script that anyone can check what it does into an .exe where they can't.

It doesn't work better.

No way would I run an unsigned .exe with the promise "it does the same as the script".

I'm sure you are an honest person but, honestly, would you download your .exe and run it if you didn't write it yourself?

14. Callender Win User
    Callender, Feb 27, 2018
  15. Callender Win User
    Why? For simplicity. I just click to run with no messing about. Obviously I wouldn't expect anyone to trust an unsigned self created file but many forum users have created such files.

What's in it? Take a look:

Event Viewer Cleaning [​IMG]

Event Viewer Cleaning [​IMG]

Callender, Feb 27, 2018
Thema:

Event Viewer Cleaning

1. Event Viewer Cleaning - Similar Threads - Event Viewer Cleaning

2. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: Log Name: System Source: storahci Date: 14. 11. 2023 19:34:18 Event ID: 129 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-K4FLHO8 Description: Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort0, was issued. Event Xml:...
  3. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  4. event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  5. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239} and APPID {316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97} to the user THEHERMITCRABSF\Joe SID...
  6. event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer: code defenitions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer/32a8bf89-f0e7-42b2-91f6-a2a60da0a8e1
  7. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Event Viewer: Hi. I'm trying to tackle and understand the mysterious EV. IDs are nonexistent or vague. The wording sometimes make sense sometimes, I don't have access to the PC with the error logs. I'm trying to understand without the access. Hope this makes sense. Questions?...
  8. event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  9. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433
  10. 367 errors in Event Viewer after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    367 errors in Event Viewer after clean install: I have just clean installed Windows 10 14393 and event viewer is showing 367 errors and warnings and one critical event. Is this normal and is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening? 70877