Windows 10: Event Viewer DistributedCom error

Discus and support Event Viewer DistributedCom error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been experiencing regular PC freezes over the last few months and have only recently discovered the Event Viewer in an attempt to identify the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by conehead, Feb 28, 2017.

1. conehead Win User

Event Viewer DistributedCom error

I have been experiencing regular PC freezes over the last few months and have only recently discovered the Event Viewer in an attempt to identify the culprit, (forgive me I am a novice PC user!).

The freezing is a separate issue, but this morning I have logged in and all seems fine but the following error has come up in the Event Viewer just after login - can someone please give me an idea of what this relates to?

:)

conehead, Feb 28, 2017
  2. Kensley Win User

File Explorer resets and closes unexpectedly

Yes, I ran the SFC and it indicated no errors. However, I am ran the Event Viewer and it indicated a number of errors with the Service Control Manager and DistributedCOM.

Kensley, Feb 28, 2017
  3. DistributedCom Error BSOD Crash Event viewer - Event ID 10016

Hi Steven,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    We look forward to your response.

Monica Cam, Feb 28, 2017
  4. Event Viewer DistributedCom error

Event Viewer DistributedCom error [​IMG]
    Attention:

Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

If you need to add new information, please make a new post in your initial BSOD thread. Please do not make an extra new thread.

BSODHunter, Feb 28, 2017
  5. conehead Win User
    I've followed those instructions and file now attached.

conehead, Feb 28, 2017
  6. do u have Bluescreens? Because this subforum is specialized on analysing BSODs.

And theres a modified hosts file to bypass software activation.

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

Please remove this Software or get a valid license, so that we can help u.

BSODHunter, Feb 28, 2017
  7. lx07 Win User
    It relates to authority. You can fix it by doing what it says - giving the SYSTEM account local launch authority to CDP Activity Store as described here

Local Activation Permission

Honestly I would not bother - It can safely be ignored. Event viewer is full of such DCOM errors and "fixing" them doesn't appear to do anything apart from stop them showing up in Event Viewer which while it can be fun (I think it is anyway) is a bit pointless really.

It isn't connected to your BSOD problem anyway.

lx07, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Event Viewer DistributedCom error

1. Event Viewer DistributedCom error - Similar Threads - Event Viewer DistributedCom

2. Error - Event ID: 10016; DistributedCOM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error - Event ID: 10016; DistributedCOM: LogName: SystemSource: DistributedCOMEventID: 10016Task Category: NoneLevel: WarningKeywords: ClassicUser: MELPPC\pmelvComputer: Description: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...
  3. distributedcom in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    distributedcom in event viewer: hello i hope you all doing good. i've been checking the event viewer these couple of days, and almost all i see is distributedcom event id 10016; level: warningis that normal should i be worried?anything would be helpful :...
  4. distributedcom in event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    distributedcom in event viewer: hello i hope you all doing good. i've been checking the event viewer these couple of days, and almost all i see is distributedcom event id 10016; level: warningis that normal should i be worried?anything would be helpful :...
  5. distributedcom in event viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. DistributedCOM Event

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    DistributedCOM Event: Can you help me with this? Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 1/8/2021 2:24:01 AM Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: Classic User: DESKTOP-892H6FC\rlm66...
  7. Error - Event ID: 10016; DistributedCOM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error - Event ID: 10016; DistributedCOM: This happens when I play heavy games, these are the details: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 29-Aug-19 21:13:36 Event ID: 10016 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User:...
  8. Event 10016 DistributedCOM error

Event 10016 DistributedCOM error: I keep getting this error whilst I'm playing games and streaming them via twitch. It has also happened once when i left the computer and came back. PC is Win 10 pro and a new build which I built myself "The application specific permission settings do not grant Local...
  9. DISTRIBUTEDCOM Event error 10016

in Windows 10 Support
    DISTRIBUTEDCOM Event error 10016: Recently for some reason the Laptop has been slow in booting to Desktop ready for use although very limited items are in Task Manager, StartUp Looked in event viewer and shows a repetitive error over 3 times. DistributedCOM event error 10016 When searching the registry...
  10. Computer crashes and DistributedCOM 10016 error is in Event Viewer

Computer crashes and DistributedCOM 10016 error is in Event Viewer: Hello, I just upgraded from win 7 64bit to win 10 pro 64 bit and my pc has randomly crashed many times a day. In the Event Viewer at crash time, there is a Distributed COM 10016 error The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event viewer distributed com errors