Windows 10: Event Viewer Errors after Anniversary Update

Discus and support Event Viewer Errors after Anniversary Update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I updated my Windows 10 with the Anniversary update and now I see these couple of errors appear in the Event Viewer that had never appeared before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by newparadigm, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Event Viewer Errors after Anniversary Update

I updated my Windows 10 with the Anniversary update and now I see these couple of errors appear in the Event Viewer that had never appeared before the update.

Event ID 4401
    Source: EFS
    Message: 7.488: EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code: 0x80070005.

and

Event ID 24
    Source: WMI
    Message: Event provider VmmsWmiEventProvider attempted to register query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceOperationEvent WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Msvm_ContainerSystem"" whose target class "Msvm_ContainerSystem" in //./root/virtualization/v2 namespace does not exist. The query will be ignored.

These two errors will appear in Event Viewer right after I log into Windows after a boot.

My system is running fine otherwise so far, its just seeing these errors in event viewer show up now is nagging me.

Googling these doesn't really turn up anything useful, so I was hoping anybody here could provide help.

:)

newparadigm, Aug 3, 2016

2. [Bug] Windows 10 bugs that I encountered

After anniversary update I wonder if this errors will still show in event viewer.

The Thermal, Aug 3, 2016
  3. Nadia_Cullen, Aug 3, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Event Viewer Errors after Anniversary Update

I don't have those but have a new Error 3104 (see below). What's that due to?

Event Viewer Errors after Anniversary Update [​IMG]

Steve C, Aug 3, 2016
  5. Zardoc Win User
    I Steve,

A few answers.

One if you have CCleaner and ms search is enabled in cleanup, uncheck the the box.
    Two go to control panel/search and reset (admin mode) search. Yo can also choose what to search.

Third, if you have an SSD disable superfetch and search. in services. The ssd can compensate the speed.

Zardoc, Aug 3, 2016
  6. Daz1967 Win User
    I'm not sure about the second error but I also have the first one as well.

I also have been suffering from an issue moving or installing Store apps and games to any other drive than C:. I also get error 0x80070005 (access denied, I believe). My thread on the issue is here: Solved Windows Store error 0x80070005 when using a different location to C: - Windows 10 Forums

The galling thing is that this issue does not happen in Windows v1511 but seems to be triggered by upgrading to v1607. I have restored v1511 five times after encountering this issue in v1607 Builds 14385, 14388, 14390 and 14393 during the Insider Preview phase. I installed the Anniversary update via the official Windows Update after restoring v1511.

Could you humour me and try to move a Windows Store app to another drive (if you can) or try setting the Storage location for apps to another drive and downloading a new app please? On my system, Windows Store acts as if it cannot write to any other drive than C: yet I can still move apps/games from H: to C: (but obviously not back from C: to H. I've had to move some stuff to C: in order to update them otherwise they fail with error 0x80070005.

I'm wondering if this EFS issue and the Store permissions issue are somehow related but until someone else confirms they have the issue then I've got no way to prove (or disprove it) as I only own one PC.

Daz1967, Aug 3, 2016
  7. swarfega Win User
    Heres mine!

As you can see theres quite a lot. sfc /scannow reports no corruption so I'm not sure what the cause is. This is a clean install of 14393. Previous install was like this as well.

swarfega, Aug 3, 2016
  8. Event Viewer Errors after Anniversary Update

I had this 'EFS service failed to provision a user for EDP. Error code: 0x80070005' after updating. Found your solution. I did one and three. Error has disappeared.

lafargeotte, Aug 3, 2016
  9. Thanks, I'll try these steps as well later and report back. I do have CCleaner on my machine so maybe it is this issue.

newparadigm, Aug 3, 2016
  10. I actually do have my Windows Store Apps set to a different download location than the default on a different drive than C. I will try moving it back later and see if this error keeps appearing.

newparadigm, Aug 3, 2016
  11. Spoke to soon. On my most recent boot the error has returned.

Can you please expand on option2 - I don't seem to have search in control panel!

lafargeotte, Aug 3, 2016
  12. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Wow, that's an impressive list you got yourself there.

Can you clear the list and restart a couple of times to see if they keep on coming back ?

The DCOM errors we can fix, the Kernel Pnp errors quite likely too.

I don't even dare to show you a screenshot of mine. It's too clean. *Tongue

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Aug 3, 2016
  13. Event Viewer Errors after Anniversary Update

Just tried disabling MS Search in CCleaner and setting my Directories for the Windows store back to the C Drive, but I still get these two errors in Event Viewer at startup. SFC Scannow turns up with a clean bill of health too.

newparadigm, Aug 4, 2016
  14. Daz1967 Win User
    Are you able to install or move apps to non-C: (Windows) drive locations then?

I actually did a repair install of Windows by installing it from the USB I'd created using the Media Creation Tool within Windows v1607 itself and although the installation went fine I found that the Store and all the other apps would point-blank refuse to open. They didn't even open then quickly close but acted as if I was not even allowed to open them!!! There was no errors in the event log for this either. In the end I had to restore the backup I thankfully did before I attempted the repair install.

I was hoping the repair install would fix the 0x80070005 Store error. *Sad

Daz1967, Aug 4, 2016
  15. Daz1967 Win User
    P.S. EFS stands for Encrypting File System. EFD is Enterprise Data Protection.

I'm not sure if I'm barking up the wrong tree here but this error may be related to the Windows Store which, I believe, uses some kind of encryption when installing its apps and games (which prevents anyone, who isn't signed into the Microsoft account that bought or downloaded them, from using them).

I suspect this is a bug of some kind, possibly connected with installing apps and games to other drives besides C:. Then again I am most likely completely wrong... *Biggrin

Daz1967, Aug 4, 2016
Thema:

Event Viewer Errors after Anniversary Update

1. Event Viewer Errors after Anniversary Update - Similar Threads - Event Viewer Errors

2. Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer Errors: Hi,Since about 3 days I have been getting a number of issues popping up on Event Viewer. It keeps pinging on my speakers and I'm not sure how to diagnose or fix it.Today its been at the worst and was pinging as the laptop was turning on.I've made a copy of the event viewer...
  3. Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer Errors: Hi,Since about 3 days I have been getting a number of issues popping up on Event Viewer. It keeps pinging on my speakers and I'm not sure how to diagnose or fix it.Today its been at the worst and was pinging as the laptop was turning on.I've made a copy of the event viewer...
  4. event viewer error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer error: Faulting application name: DipAwayMode.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1049, time stamp: 0xc4675baa Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x001144c2 Faulting process id: 0x1554 Faulting application...
  5. Event Viewer Errors

Event Viewer Errors: Does anyone have a workable solution for Event error 1000 or event error13? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-errors/79c29b4a-e783-4b8b-b552-c46b3e00e2f9
  6. Error in Event Viewer

Error in Event Viewer: ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer also poor shut down times start up and have nothing running at start up critical errors multi time daily system restore error event id 8193 vss error windows 10 i did a repair install so far so good as far as vvs goes...
  7. Dcom error in event viewer after april update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dcom error in event viewer after april update: every time i restart my machine after the april update in event viewer itake this error: Can not start the DCOM server: {995C996E-D918-4A8C-A302-45719A6F4EA7} as Unavailable / Unavailable. The error: "298" happened at the start of this command: C: \ WINDOWS \ System32 \...
  8. Windows 10 x64 Anniversary Update errors event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 x64 Anniversary Update errors event viewer: I upload the errors here because i don't know how to fix them there's error 3 and 69 thanks. Download the file called events only. 62478
  9. Event Viewer Error

Event Viewer Error: Hi All, I updated Win8.1 to Win10, so Event Viewer will suddenly appear two windows every 10 minutes*Sad*Sad. Please see the attached figure. Would someone help me solve this problem? How can I block it? Thanks. [img] 88395
  10. Event Viewer error

Event Viewer error: I have 599 errors of this. I have run SFC /Scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. It didn't find any errors. I have Googled and searched here and can not find a fix. Is this something to worry about? [img] 47494

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Msvm_ContainerSystem in //./root/virtualization/v2 namespace does not exist