Windows 10: Event Viewer Errors and system hang when browsing/playing music

Discus and support Event Viewer Errors and system hang when browsing/playing music in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; While SFC didn't prompt for issues, the logs it created do point on errors and warning. I'd really appreciate if someone could take a look. CBS log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gil, Apr 4, 2018.

1. GIL
    gil Win User

Event Viewer Errors and system hang when browsing/playing music

While SFC didn't prompt for issues, the logs it created do point on errors and warning.
    I'd really appreciate if someone could take a look.

CBS log - CBS.zip
    DISM log - dism.zip
    Also, here's a CSV export of my errors, warnings and critical stuff CSV Export

2. GIL
    gil Win User

Hi all,

The mentioned Event ID's only happened after a recent windows 10 update.
    The detailed list is:

• ID 3 - Kernel-EventTracing ( I did raise the log file to 40MB from 20MB, but seems to not solve this issue)
    • ID 4 - Kernel-EventTracing
    • ID 10010 - DistribuitedCOM
    • ID 36 - Volsnap
    • ID 1008 - Perflib
    • ID 10016 - DistributedCOM
    • ID 79 - AppModel-Runtime

SFC /SCANNOW -- Didn't Find Any Issues

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth - I run this once a day and every time it says that the component store is repairable.

I then run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth - I run this once a day and every time it says that The component store is repairable

I then run DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and it says it repairs the issue.

I then run another SFC /SCANNOW and no issues are reported.

I clean the Event Viewer.

Another day passes, then again the same story. I get these Event ID's and I repeat the SFC and DISM commands.

Can someone please help me get rid of these errors once and for all?

Before you ask, the answer is YES, I do get stability issues. In some random cases, Windows will just hang for no reason. I simply browse the internet.

• My drivers are up to date, as far as I know. At least the GPU's are up to date.
    • I have no errors in Device Manager
    • I used the Intel SSD utility to scan for issues but the SSD is healthy
    • I don't stress the RAM or CPU to trigger these errors
    • I run custom water cooling so CPU and GPU's are not overheating
    • I did run MemTest86 on all RAM modules past pass 9 and didn't find any issues
    • My CPU is overclocked, however for the sake of troubleshooting, I reverted to stock settings. Issues persist.

Any help is appreciated. In place upgrade is the last resort, please don't offer it as the 1st step to troubleshoot.
    My PC specs:
    16GB RAM
    i7 3770K
    Win10 Pro 64bit
    Version 1709
    OS Build 16299.402

:)

3. Tildax Win User
    Computer restarts itself.

The weird thing about this problem is that it only happens when im in desktop.I can play games 24/7 but when i close the game and browse web or stay in desktop, computer crashes without any bsod.When i check event viewer the errors are listed like this:

-Event Log 6008

-Kernel power 41

-Event Log 1101

Sorry for my bad English Event Viewer Errors and system hang when browsing/playing music :p

Tildax, Apr 30, 2018
  4. Event Viewer Errors and system hang when browsing/playing music

Windows 10 randomly freezing. Help!

I can be doing anything from browsing to playing a game, and after a random amount of time it will completely freeze. Only thing that fixes is a hard shut down. Event viewer says: Critical: "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This
    error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

I've tried a bunch of different board suggestions and nothing has worked so far. Any ideas?

AFreeman626, Apr 30, 2018
  5. EdTittel Win User
    This kind of thing has happened with Win10 before, mostly on Insider Preview releases. It usually indicates some kind of discrepancy between the files in the ComponentStore and the checksums that Microsoft uses to make sure that its contents are in complete agreement with the official manifest for such files. I've seen it happen memorably with Nvidia drivers and also with files related to the flighting mechanisms used to track Windows releases. Neither of these problems has been terribly serious, though it is always frustrating to deal with them. It's probably overkill for you to run those repairs daily (once a week should be plenty good enough). This is something you should report to Microsoft through the Feedback Hub so they can try to figure out what's going on. But I don't think you should be terribly concerned about this, simply because integrity checks from the System File Checker (SFC) and the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) both agree in finding no problems with your runtime environment. If something noteworthy were up, one or the other (or perhaps even both) would continue reporting errors even after cleanup/repair attempts.
    Thanks and HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 30, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    For the system hangs you can run the Windows troubleshooters to see if there are any detected problems and if the problems get fixed.
    There is only one dism command that you need to run and that is the restorehealth command. If restorhealth has a problem then you can run the others. But there is no advantage of running the others before running restorehealth.
    The in place upgrade repair is one of the best tools to fix operating system problems. For registry problems you would consider a system restore or restoring a backup image. After running an in place upgrade repair you will have to reset default settings to your preference.
    For the troubleshooting steps you can either run the Microsoft easy fix or use the WIndows software on the computer:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...-fix-solutions
    Open control panel (win + r and type control) > large or small icons > click troubleshooting > on the left pane click view all > run these troubleshooters:
    hardware and devices
    playing audio
    video playback

zbook, Apr 30, 2018
  7. GIL
    gil Win User
    I'm running the /scanhealth and /checkhealth to see if there are issues. if there are messages like "the component store can be repaired", I then run /restorehealth.

Thanks for the replies.
    I just updated to latest windows build, 1803, I'll if I get same issues.

Thema:

Event Viewer Errors and system hang when browsing/playing music

1. Event Viewer Errors and system hang when browsing/playing music - Similar Threads - Event Viewer Errors

2. event viewer error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer error: Faulting application name: DipAwayMode.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1049, time stamp: 0xc4675baa Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x001144c2 Faulting process id: 0x1554 Faulting application...
  3. Multiple System errors in the event viewer

Multiple System errors in the event viewer: I have an HP Pavilion Laptop. I usually use it for schoolwork and mild gaming. Since schools are closed because of the coronavirus outbreak I only use it for entertainment I mainly play league of legends, watch movies and listen to music The problem kicked in two weeks ago...
  4. Event Viewer System Error Volsnap

Event Viewer System Error Volsnap: Log Name: System Source: Volsnap Date: 2/9/2020 4:27:02 PM Event ID: 27 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-4BH9KT1 Description: The shadow copies of volume D: were aborted during...
  5. Error in Event Viewer

Error in Event Viewer: ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer also poor shut down times start up and have nothing running at start up critical errors multi time daily system restore error event id 8193 vss error windows 10 i did a repair install so far so good as far as vvs goes...
  6. Event Viewer Errors and system hang when browsing/playing music

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Errors and system hang when browsing/playing music: Hi all, The mentioned Event ID's only happened after a recent windows 10 update. The detailed list is: ID 3 - Kernel-EventTracing ( I did raise the log file to 40MB from 20MB, but seems to not solve this issue) ID 4 - Kernel-EventTracing ID 10010 - DistribuitedCOM ID 36 -...
  7. Event Viewer Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Error: Hi All, I updated Win8.1 to Win10, so Event Viewer will suddenly appear two windows every 10 minutes*Sad*Sad. Please see the attached figure. Would someone help me solve this problem? How can I block it? Thanks. [img] 88395
  8. Event Viewer error

Event Viewer error: I have 599 errors of this. I have run SFC /Scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. It didn't find any errors. I have Googled and searched here and can not find a fix. Is this something to worry about? [img] 47494
  9. Event Viewer ID 1002, Application Hang

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer ID 1002, Application Hang: I get the following error in Event Viewer Log Name: Application Source: Application Hang Date: 11/6/2016 6:33:40 PM Event ID: 1002 Task Category: (101) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-D0102O3 Description:The program mmc.exe version...
  10. System lockup during playing Smite, multiple errors in Event Viewer.

System lockup during playing Smite, multiple errors in Event Viewer.: Hello. I recently built myself a new gaming PC (I will include the specs below), and during playing a game of Smite my system completely froze, I had to turn the PC off by the power button. I am using the said system now with no problems, but I have multiple errors in...