Windows 10: Event Viewer keeps showing Event ID 10010

Discus and support Event Viewer keeps showing Event ID 10010 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Guys/Girls I keep getting this error every 30 minutes anybody managed to solve this ? Log Name: System Source:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by thorrrr, Oct 29, 2016.

1. thorrrr Win User

Event Viewer keeps showing Event ID 10010

Hi Guys/Girls

I keep getting this error every 30 minutes anybody managed to solve this ?

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM
    Date: 30/10/2016 11:54:11
    Event ID: 10010
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: DALE-PC1\Dale
    Computer: Dale-PC1
    Description:
    The server {4AA0A5C4-1B9B-4F2E-99D7-99C6AEC83474} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-10-30T11:54:11.788175700Z" />
    <EventRecordID>18568</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="8" ThreadID="9028" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>Dale-PC1</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-4124590474-3230443324-182549641-1022" />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">{4AA0A5C4-1B9B-4F2E-99D7-99C6AEC83474}</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

thorrrr, Oct 29, 2016

2. Windows 10 - Computer Shuts Down

I have Windows 10 on my computer. My computer keeps shutting down unexpectedly. Event Viewer shows several !Error messages. Event ID's are 10016 and 10010 Source - DistributedCOM and one is Event ID 1001 Source BugCheck. One of the messages states that
    the security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool. I'm not sure what I should modify that to be.

Thanks for your help.

BellissimaPia, Oct 29, 2016
  3. Apps Problem

Dear Microsoft, I had win 8.1 and all Apps was working fine, after upgrade to 10 pro, many apps like Finance and Onenote open for 1 sec then close and keep running and closing on, in event viewer the
    event ID 10010 so many times. How can I solve the problem kindly advice me.

Sr DAGOffice, Oct 29, 2016
  4. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

It's a synchronization error. The server trying to sync to a device that is no longer present or was just never there.

Try to disable the following service: Portable Device Enumerator Service (WIN+R > Services.msc) and see if that helps.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 29, 2016
  5. thorrrr Win User
    HI fdegrove event vier log is from my main Pc Win 10 Pro !

But i do have a server running WHS 2011

thorrrr, Oct 29, 2016
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

I see. Unfortunately it's not necessarily that particular server it's trying to sync data to.

A search in the registry of my machines shows the same hive key as in the error message:

Yet, I do not run a server at home....

Have tried disabling that service yet ? I suspect it's trying to sync when there isn't anything to sync to.
    Or you can set it to "Manual" if you're uncomfortable disabling it.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 29, 2016
  7. thorrrr Win User
    Its currently already set to Manual (Trigger Start)

thorrrr, Oct 29, 2016
  8. fdegrove Win User

Hi,

Does the error crop up whenever the PC is resuming from or entering Sleep modus ?
    Do you have hibernation enabled ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 29, 2016
  9. thorrrr Win User
    Hibernation is set to off and so is sleep

But I will check my Event Log after I resume from a sleep mode.

No errors when resuming from sleep mode

thorrrr, Oct 29, 2016
  10. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

OK.
    Do you have other devices, PCs, phones etc. that you want W10 to sync the settings for ?
    If not go to Settings: Accounts and so on > Sync and uncheck it.

Hopefully that will cure it. I'm running out of ideas.... *Think

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 30, 2016
  11. thorrrr Win User
    I have IOS devices i sync with iTunes and another Windows 10 PC

thorrrr, Oct 30, 2016
  12. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Fine but can you stop syncing the settings for awhile just to see if the error is related to that ?
    Afterwards you just re-enable it. After all it's just a warning, not a major error, right ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 30, 2016
  13. thorrrr Win User

That worked a treat no more errors on that Event

thorrrr, Oct 31, 2016
  14. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Good to hear that's sorted.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Event Viewer keeps showing Event ID 10010 - Similar Threads - Event Viewer keeps

2. Event ID 10010 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event ID 10010 error: I noticed this error in my event viewer when I went to check after a game I was playing crashed. It had this message: The server Windows.Media.Capture.Internal.AppCaptureShell did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.Not really sure what to make of it since I...
  3. Event ID 10010 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event ID 10010 error: I noticed this error in my event viewer when I went to check after a game I was playing crashed. It had this message: The server Windows.Media.Capture.Internal.AppCaptureShell did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.Not really sure what to make of it since I...
  4. Event ID 10010 error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Event viewer does not show event with ID 4689 on windows client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer does not show event with ID 4689 on windows client: Hello,I would like to see the event with ID 4689 in the event viewer. This event normally indicates that a process has exited. When I want to test this by stopping and starting the print spooler event for example, I can see this in the event viewer of my windows server....
  6. Windows suddenly freezing - Event ID- 10010

Windows suddenly freezing - Event ID- 10010: Hi Microsoft Team,Hope you all doing well. Windows is suddenly freezing. it happened last night. when it freezes my mouse and keyboard also not working then I had to do a force shutdown. And it happened now as well. I did force shutdown and restarted it.When i check event...
  7. Multiple Event ID 4624 in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Event ID 4624 in Event Viewer: Hi guys. Lets say I went out and left my laptop at home. When I come back I notice many "Audit Success" logs with ID 4624 in the Event Viewer during the time I was out. Is this something I should be concerned about and that someone has been trying to access my laptop? Thanks!...
  8. Disabling Event ID 1074 to show up at event viewer

Disabling Event ID 1074 to show up at event viewer: Hello Guys, Good day, I have been working on something like disabling the 1074. I have already disabled it in the Group policy and even in the registries but the event still shows up in the event viewer. Although the pop up questionnaire is gone. How do I disable the event...
  9. Event viewer - Event id 4688

in Windows 10 Customization
    Event viewer - Event id 4688: I tried to create a custom view, with àwindows as the event log, and 4688 as the event ID. I had no other changed settings, and I expected this to give me a stream of events showing whenever I opened an application. Instead I only got events related to Microsoft processes....
  10. Event ID 2004 Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event ID 2004 Event Viewer: After updating Windows and reinstalling my system a few months ago I've ran into an issue with my game crashing, after extensive searching my results were finding the location access errors 2004 & 1023 with sysmain.dll being unable to load from my Event viewer log, however...