Windows 10: Event Viewer warnings and critical issues- how do you solve them? + Issue with magnification

Discus and support Event Viewer warnings and critical issues- how do you solve them? + Issue with magnification in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there. Recently, my laptop for some reason magnified certain links and applications. My bookmarks, which descend from a tab, are all larger than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TaraGrice, Jul 23, 2018.

1. TaraGrice Win User

Event Viewer warnings and critical issues- how do you solve them? + Issue with magnification

Hi there. Recently, my laptop for some reason magnified certain links and applications. My bookmarks, which descend from a tab, are all larger than they used to be. The words are huge! In Microsoft word, everything is magnified, however, the actual document on which you write maintains the same size and usual 11 point when you first type on it. The ribbon is really big, and I have tried everything to try to fix it! Moreover, upon opening file explorer, everything is large as well. The icons are blurred and pixelated and the column of documents on the left side has overlapping words. I have gone into every type of settings I can find to try to fix this and nothing has happened or changed.

I did an online live chat with a certified technician following this, who has said that my display adapter and the font configuration settings has changed and messed up my displayed configuration settings. Apparently, I have to delete the corrupted files before they replicate. The technician then went on to check the event Log Service program. The warning signs which I then saw on my screen were the corrupted files in the display adapter settings. My User interface configuration settings apparently had stopped working.

This was all very helpful, and the technician gave me a quote to fix it, but I do not have the money to pay it. Unfortunately, I am stuck with this issue and have no idea what to make of what I was told. Can someone please tell me why this is happening and how I can fix this?

:)

TaraGrice, Jul 23, 2018

2. Event viewer warning and critical notifications

Hi,

I have been contacted by telephone today from a person announcing that I have critical and warning errors and they want me to allow remote access to remove these issues. They say they are from Microsoft Reading and they have had notification from my computer
    that there is a problem which could shut down my computer at any moment. They told me my IP address which matched my computer but I did not let them take over control. Do you think this was a genuine call from Microsoft Reading. Is this standard practice.
    They told me how to access event viewer and there are 57,727 warnings. They gave me the Reading office number to call back on. What should I do now?

kevinvogan, Oct 14, 2018
  3. altae Win User
    Tons of event viewer errors, warnings and criticals!

Have you actually got troubles with the pc? If not don't you worry about so called critical errors listed in the event viewer. What MS understands as critical error should not be confused with what common sense would understand under that term, the MS definition of a critical error is much broader. Generally if there is no actual problem with the pc it's not worth bothering since I have not seen a single Windows pc that does not show a critical error here and there in the event viewer. The event viewer is a nice tool to troubleshoot but only for that. Checking it without actually having troubles with that specific pc is like running to a doctor and make him conduct countless test only because you might someday get some sort of cancer. If the pc is doing fine don't spoil that positive experience by looking for troubles where there are none. Event Viewer warnings and critical issues- how do you solve them? + Issue with magnification :)

altae, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Grahame l Win User

Event Viewer warnings and critical issues- how do you solve them? + Issue with magnification

Event Viewer problems

I have a critical warning on my event viewer relating to Kernel-Power, also a list of other errors. How do I remove these threats? I am running Windows 10.

Grahame l, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Event Viewer warnings and critical issues- how do you solve them? + Issue with magnification - Similar Threads - Event Viewer warnings

2. Errors, warnings and critical errors in the Event viewer on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Errors, warnings and critical errors in the Event viewer on Windows 10.: Hi,i'm seeing a lot of warnings, errors and critical errors in the event viewer. I recently reinstalled windows which didn't help. I'm sorry for the german screenshots. I hope you can still give me some advice.Thanks in advance...
  3. Errors, warnings and critical errors in the Event viewer on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Errors, warnings and critical errors in the Event viewer on Windows 10.: Hi,i'm seeing a lot of warnings, errors and critical errors in the event viewer. I recently reinstalled windows which didn't help. I'm sorry for the german screenshots. I hope you can still give me some advice.Thanks in advance...
  4. Errors, warnings and critical errors in the Event viewer on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Critical, Error and Warning events in Event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical, Error and Warning events in Event viewer: Critical, Error and Warning events from all administrative logs on my dell 5566 2004. The windows 10 updates have destroyed my OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-and-warning-events-in-event-viewer/a1571c93-ae91-4199-8799-93ad26951194
  6. event viewer warnings

in Windows 10 Support
    event viewer warnings: [img] HI How important is it to sort out warning errors. I often have a lot like this. I dont understand what they say but am happy to post a few if people here think they should be sorted thank you in advance 145291
  7. How to fix this event viewer warning ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to fix this event viewer warning ?: For the past couple of weeks I've been getting the following warning in the event log. Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 7f 0f dc b9 50 ca 47 af ce e7 ba 72 e0 c7 24 da c4 10 ac f8 is about to expire or already expired. I've had a good look around the web but so...
  8. Tons of event viewer errors, warnings and criticals!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tons of event viewer errors, warnings and criticals!: Hey guys I'm new to Windows 10 and Event viewer and I am unable to understand what it is saying, this used to happen to my Windows 8.1 and I thought that after upgrading to 10 this might stop but here it is again! Please take a look at the pictures attached for better...
  9. How to solve Event warning 8303

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to solve Event warning 8303: Does anyone know how to solve this ? I have tried several things but nothing is helping. This is basically only one kind of warning which I can't get rid of. It is created after every restore point. Any idea? Using Win 10 v1703. [img] 82464
  10. No BSOD issues but event viewer issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    No BSOD issues but event viewer issue?: I saw that unless you have a BSOD you should not post in that specific forum but this is an Event Viewer issue so i don't know where to post this . I have no BSOD's but an event viewer instance with an error code 10016 The application specific permission setting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. do i need to worry about warnings in event viewer?

2. event viewer errors and how to solve them

3. Warnings and critical events UWF