Windows 10: Every 10 seconds someone gets hit by ransomware

Discus and support Every 10 seconds someone gets hit by ransomware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've just seen an advert on Facebook by Zonealarm where they state that every 10 seconds someone gets hit by ransomware. I wonder how true that is. 90088 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by swarfega, Jul 28, 2017.

1. swarfega Win User

Every 10 seconds someone gets hit by ransomware

I've just seen an advert on Facebook by Zonealarm where they state that every 10 seconds someone gets hit by ransomware. I wonder how true that is.

:)

swarfega, Jul 28, 2017
  2. larry309 Win User

Is there any way to prevent the adware, spyware, ransomware

I am running Windows 10 on one computer and Windows 7 Pro on a second, I have Webroot antivirus on both, the Win 7 has MS Security Essentials running, Win 10 shuts off Win Defender with a third party antivirus is installed. This morning both computers got
    hit with a ransomware demanding I call a number to get my computer back, sismilar to the "FBI" scam, the Win 7 computer said I had Brighthouse ISP, which is true, I called Brighthouse, the person on the phone only knew how to collect a bill or reset my router!!!

I tried contacting Webroot, their automated answering was of no help what so ever. I have run Malwarebytes in the past and still got this ransomware.

I have run Webroot twice on each computer this morning, I have hard booted both computers and at this time I seem to have control.

Control Panel Programs and Features does not list any unknown software.

I get the ransomware on different Internet locations, not one in particular.

Is there anyway to prevent this kind of ransomware in the future, I dont like doing hard boots every day.

Thanks

Larry

larry309, Jul 28, 2017
  3. BentNoyfb Win User
    Ramsomware and USB device protection

I'm referring to UAC security settings on my USB Devices, and my concerns are, that if I get hit by Ransomware, I can easily reinstate my PC's, but hope by my UAC settings, to avoid the Ransomware to spread to my USB Devices.

I assume that the Ransomware can't encrypt any files, if it does not have the rights by my settings, or can these UAC settings be somewhat overcome some how !

BentNoyfb, Jul 28, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

The source for that statement would seem to be this..

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/davi..._14815840.html

...or at least Zonealarm and Kaspersky are singing from the same hymn sheet....

Thema:

1. Every 10 seconds someone gets hit by ransomware - Similar Threads - Every seconds someone

2. Explorer.exe keeps restarting every 10-ish seconds, can someone help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer.exe keeps restarting every 10-ish seconds, can someone help?: So today when I turned on the PC I went to do something while it was turning on, and it said failed attepmt to repair winload.exe, so I just pressed continue and booted into Windows, and now its restarting explorer.exe every 10 seconds, I haven't turned it off yet. Tried...
  3. Explorer.exe keeps restarting every 10-ish seconds, can someone help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer.exe keeps restarting every 10-ish seconds, can someone help?: So today when I turned on the PC I went to do something while it was turning on, and it said failed attepmt to repair winload.exe, so I just pressed continue and booted into Windows, and now its restarting explorer.exe every 10 seconds, I haven't turned it off yet. Tried...
  4. Explorer.exe keeps restarting every 10-ish seconds, can someone help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Got hit by COPA Ransomware

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Got hit by COPA Ransomware: So I monkey brained yesterday and downloaded a software from a dodgy website. Then when I tried to installed it, I disabled the antivirus to prevent false positives. Anyway, it encrypted a lot of my photos and videos which was annoying at most. The defender and malwarebyte...
  6. System files get bigger every second

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System files get bigger every second: So i was searching for something in file explorer and when i look at the propertied of "Program Files" file, the size just kept increasing and the number of files in it just kept increasing like: 1000, 2000, 3000 every second. Then i looked in other system files it was the...
  7. I just got hit with Ransomware ADAME

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I just got hit with Ransomware ADAME: All of my files on my external hard drive just got encrypted. I removed all of the viruses with malwarebytes, but now every single one of my files have the extension " .id[42B18849-2275].[[email protected]].Adame " Is there any way to remove the extension and recover my...
  8. Hit by ransomware called "CIop"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hit by ransomware called "CIop": We are just hit by ransomware called "CIop", We found a lot of files were encrypted with extension ".CIop" And the MSSQL service and maybe some other servicees keep being brought down after we try to bring them up. Do you have any support to clean this ransomware? or any...
  9. Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads

in Windows 10 News
    Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads: Several users have complained that ads served through Microsoft's Skype app are serving malicious downloads, which if opened, can trigger ransomware. News of the issue came from a Reddit thread on Wednesday, in which the original poster said that Skype's home screen -- the...
  10. Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads

in Windows 10 News
    Skype users hit by ransomware through in-app malicious ads: Several users have complained that ads served through Microsoft's Skype app are serving malicious downloads, which if opened, can trigger ransomware. News of the issue came from a Reddit thread on Wednesday, in which the original poster said that Skype's home screen -- the...