Windows 10: Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump, audio to buzz,...

Discus and support Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump, audio to buzz,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I run Windows 10 on a Dell Precision M6400, a rather old PC that I have been able to upgrade throughout the years with little to no problems. Recently,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nicholas.Miller, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump, audio to buzz,...

I run Windows 10 on a Dell Precision M6400, a rather old PC that I have been able to upgrade throughout the years with little to no problems. Recently, I've been experiencing sudden bursts of lag, causing pretty much anything on the PC to halt any operator. These bursts of lag last for a really short time (less than a second), but they make audio/video playback quite annoying since I have to hear a disruptive buzzing sound every 5 to 10 seconds.

When this happens, I also have noticed that scrolling in any application will lag/jump, the mouse cursor will tend to jump, and I presume any operation is being halted through the short interval of lag.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling mouse drivers, sound drivers, graphics drivers and uninstalling some windows updates, but it is not clear to me what the cause is. I event ran a system file check to be sure it wasn't a corrupted system file. I've been experiencing this for a few months now (I suppose starting back in May 2018).

My conclusion is that there is something wrong central to my system as the impacts are very far reaching. Aside from this stutter, my PC is fully capable to its normal capacity.

I intend to reinstall the operating system if I cannot find another solution first. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing this disruptive behavior?

:)

Nicholas.Miller, Aug 17, 2018

2. Windows 10 very brief audio stutter/buzzing/glitching everywhere

I have a stutter buzz on a Dell 7559 laptop that is like what is discussed in this thread. Dell has no clue what to do about it. They changed the motherboard three times. All three do it. A friend has the same Dell. His does it too. Of the four
    samples no two do the buzz/stutter the same, and no machine is consistent about when it buzzes. The one I have now won't do it for hours and later does it every few dozen minutes. The lesson from this variation is that it is very hard to tell if an action,
    like updating drivers as many have tried, actually fixed it or just coincides with a period of no buzzes. I made a test signal of a low frequency, below the range of the laptop speakers. I used 92 Hz at max level. Play that and you don't hear the low frequency,
    but you will always hear the buzz/stutter when it happens. My theory is the audio hardware is not correctly set to async mode, which causes sample rate differences to be audible as buzzes. Is there a tool to read out how the audio DAC is set?

DavidCarlstrom, Aug 17, 2018
  3. Stuttering Every Two Seconds

Every two seconds I get a stutter, the mouse freezes and then jumps forward. Audio stutters, games stutter, everything stutters very briefly (on the order of milliseconds) every two seconds.

This happens every two seconds like clock work. It happens on windows, it happens in browsers, it happens in games.

I've tried updating all the drivers I can find. I've tried a System restore to last month even though the problem just started today. I've tried closing out of programs and disabling various tasks.

I've tried various checks and all come back clean:

• sfc /scannow
    • DISM.exe/Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
    • CHKDSK /f

Please help!

BoostHungry, Aug 17, 2018
  4. Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump, audio to buzz,...

Audio keeps on stuttering/buzzing every few seconds

Please disregard my issues with the Base System Device Error and Broadcom USH error. I've already fixed those. only problem now is still the annoying buzzing/stuttering sound on my audio. I have high
    latency with Storport.sys and HDAudBus.sys and maybe that is the problem? but I don't have any clue on how to fix them and I tried searching online but I can't find anything

CeriWilliams1, Aug 17, 2018
Thema:

Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump, audio to buzz,...

1. Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump, audio to buzz,... - Similar Threads - Every seconds laptop

2. Strange PC stuttering 5 seconds for every 2 hours +

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Strange PC stuttering 5 seconds for every 2 hours +: System and Application logshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXN1guPtFsXh80GYmzPWYBi8XQ0AA?e=25N9f6IntelR core TM i7 -8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz RAM 48 GBsystem type 64-bit operating systemWindows 11MOBO EVGA Z370 Classified KGPU EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080 TIPSU EVGA 750W gold Drive HDX2TBX2 SSD...
  3. Strange PC stuttering 5 seconds for every 2 hours +

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Strange PC stuttering 5 seconds for every 2 hours +: System and Application logshttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AsXN1guPtFsXh80GYmzPWYBi8XQ0AA?e=25N9f6IntelR core TM i7 -8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz RAM 48 GBsystem type 64-bit operating systemWindows 11MOBO EVGA Z370 Classified KGPU EVGA GEFORCE GTX 1080 TIPSU EVGA 750W gold Drive HDX2TBX2 SSD...
  4. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  5. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  6. Audio Buzzing/Video Stuttering every half second Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Buzzing/Video Stuttering every half second Windows 10: Hello, this issue first started appearing about 3 weeks ago after the latest windows update. When the issue occurs, the audio buzzes and video stutters briefly every half second. This issue persists until I restart my computer. After restarting, the issue may begin happening...
  7. AMD Driver causing 1 second stutter every two seconds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Driver causing 1 second stutter every two seconds.: Hello, recently I swopped my HDD for an SSD and installed a fresh version of windows 10 on my Laptop. I Updated all the drivers and my whole PC started to stutter/freeze every 2 seconds. I found out the problem was the graphics driver. So I Rolled back onto an older version...
  8. Video Stutter/Audio Buzz

Video Stutter/Audio Buzz: For the past couple of weeks I have been getting stuttering video and a buzz in the audio. It started with listening to Spotify, the audio with just buzz for a few seconds then the PC would crash, no blue screen it would just restart. The reboots have stopped, but now the...
  9. Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio

in Windows 10 Support
    Video Stutter/Buzz In Audio: For the past couple of weeks I have been getting stuttering video and a buzz in the audio. It started with listening to Spotify, the audio with just buzz for a few seconds then the PC would crash, no blue screen it would just restart. The reboots have stopped, but now the...
  10. Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump

Every 5-10 seconds, my laptop will stutter, causing the cursor to jump: I run Windows 10 on a Dell Precision M6400, a rather old PC that I have been able to upgrade throughout the years with little to no problems. Recently, I've been experiencing sudden bursts of lag, causing pretty much anything on the PC to halt any operator. When this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 keep mouse halted every second

2. Windows 10 very brief audio stutter/buzzing/glitching everywhere

3. storport.sys stutter

4. cursor jumps and audio buzzes after shutdown,
  5. dell precision m6400 audio stutter,
  6. kb4467702 stutter